News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of very good prospects around pick 12 - no way it is part of the CC trade. 18 or 19 or get him next year.

Zero chance of 12, and to be honest I don't see why we'd offer 18. He has told them he won't be signing another contract with them. I'll bet Dodongo's left nut that they'll take 19. Seems to be the universally accepted currency for wagers around here.

Of course I have no issue offering 18 if the Rockliff compensation just happens to be be pick 2. 12 is still off the table tho ;)

Pick 12 = 1268, pick 19 = 948 points, pick 41 = 412 points. Total 2628 points.

Pick 16 = 1067 points, pick 34 = 542 points. Total 1609 points.

Values Charlie Cameron at 1019 points which is around pick 17.

Just give them 18 or 19 and be done with it. I really want to take 12 to the draft and strengthen our midfield stocks.

I don't even know how these points work. Can you add points to pick and upgrade the pick? If not what use are they?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we get Cameron do we bother keeping Barrett? Definitely wouldn't upgrade him.

If we get Cameron do we bother keeping Barrett? Definitely wouldn't upgrade him.

Dodongo lol's at this statement. Dodongo knows Barrett has a role in the team. Dodongo is aware he may not be the highly skilled but he does a job. Look at Richmond's small forwards and what they achieved this year. Dodongo sees they are not highly skilled but they have strengths of pressure, and that is what Barrett provides. If you have players that play a role to their strengths, you win flags.

Dodongo lol's at this statement. Dodongo knows Barrett has a role in the team. Dodongo is aware he may not be the highly skilled but he does a job. Look at Richmond's small forwards and what they achieved this year. Dodongo sees they are not highly skilled but they have strengths of pressure, and that is what Barrett provides. If you have players that play a role to their strengths, you win flags.

Unfortunately for him we have young guys who are skilled and can play roles coming through.

Unfortunately for him we have young guys who are skilled and can play roles coming through.

Can you please repost this referring to yourself in the third person.

Barrett avereges more disposals, more tackles and a similar goal output to Cameron, while going at a much higher effeciency. I don't think we should write him off just yet, he's only 21 and this was his first season of regular AFL football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows B&F tonight. Will be interesting to see how he polls.
Would be great to be a fly on the wall if Jake Lever is high in the vote count going into the finals, could be a bit of a sombre evening if that is the case.

Mark Ricciuto- "And now we cross live to Jake Lever at Gosch's Paddock for his acceptance speech".

Barrett avereges more disposals, more tackles and a similar goal output to Cameron, while going at a much higher effeciency. I don't think we should write him off just yet, he's only 21 and this was his first season of regular AFL football.

Dodongo likes this post. Dodongo didn't realise that his averages were better than Cameron. Dodongo also wants to emphasise that it was his first year of AFL footy so people need to remember that. Dodongo thinks you are smart and people should read what you say.

Dodongo also wants to point out that everyone looks at stats when assessing players performances on game day. Stats don't tell the whole story. Dodongo thinks stats are evil. Dodongo knows Barrett has done more than what the stats suggest in games, but people don't see that because they look at the stats, see someone has had 6 disposals and think they have had a horrible game. Dodongo thinks that's wrong to assess players that way.

He doesn't have Cameron's lightning speed nor his defensive running. Barrett is a great tackler but l think it is like Rocky's tackling numbers. Tackles when he is close but Cameron runs chases and tackles players

This is a great post. Highlights how ridiculous our pursuit of Cameron is.

Every second person on this board wants to get rid of Barrett, but in basically all facets has Cameron covered. Barrett can butcher it sure, but Charlie's disposal efficiency is even worse. And Barrett is nearly 2 years younger!!

Crows are laughing all the way to the draft if we give up 18 or 19 for Cameron.

Every second person on this board wants to get rid of Barrett, but in basically all facets has Cameron covered. Barrett can butcher it sure, but Charlie's disposal efficiency is even worse. And Barrett is nearly 2 years younger!!

People speak of Barrett often lacking composure under pressure and it has been mentioned that Cameron's best games are under final's pressure... would this be an element to take into consideration considering we are hoping to move up the ladder into places where pressure matters?

In all honesty CC is far superior to Barrett. His leg speed and pressure acts and ability to break lines will be immense for our team. Barrett is a trier at best!

Won't have the list spots unless we get busy in trade week. Only delisted 4 so far, and Cameron replaces Rocky's spot, plus Hodge takes a spot. Leaves 3 vacant spots for the draft at the moment. Makes any other upgrades, like Hammer impossible. But I guess it can all change pretty quickly. No need to upgrade Barrett with cat A rookies able to play from round 1. But I suspect you know all this already.

I think the paradigm has shifted with the last 2 premiers in the expected roles for HF + HBs. Nowadays small backs and forwards are expected to roll into the midfield. Cameron I see as someone that can develop into the Zorko mould of outside mid + 2 way runner. Hopefully he can also develop his inside game like Zorko has. I expect Cameron will be 65 mid 35 forward. Barrett will be the designated small forward playing 65 forward 35 mid. Bundy is the interesting one, he was playing HB a bit before his injury - does he become 65 mid 35 back or does he also rotate into the forward line? I expect more midfield minutes from the likes of Cameron, Barrett, Bundy, Robinson, Lester, Bell and less for Zorko/Beams.

I also wouldnt rub out Bell just yet. His best football was as in inside mid at Carlton. He played well as an inside mid in the NEAFL before his injury. He, Robinson and Lester could rotate in and out as big bodied mids/third talls. Will be interesting to see this team take form over the preaseason

Dodongo laughs at all the Mayes discussion by people. Like Dodongo did with Dodongo's left nut and Schache, Dodongo will do with Dodongo's right nut. Mayes isnt going anywhere.
Carlos Danger agrees with Dodongo. If Mayes was traded Carlos Danger thinks the crows would need to throw in pick 16 along with cameron

No, it highlights how misleading stats are.

Cameron is significantly more valuable than Barrett.

If we offered Barrett and pick 18 for Cameron, or pick 19 straight up, the Crows would take the latter.

I think the paradigm has shifted with the last 2 premiers in the expected roles for HF + HBs. Nowadays small backs and forwards are expected to roll into the midfield. Cameron I see as someone that can develop into the Zorko mould of outside mid + 2 way runner. Hopefully he can also develop his inside game like Zorko has. I expect Cameron will be 65 mid 35 forward. Barrett will be the designated small forward playing 65 forward 35 mid. Bundy is the interesting one, he was playing HB a bit before his injury - does he become 65 mid 35 back or does he also rotate into the forward line? I expect more midfield minutes from the likes of Cameron, Barrett, Bundy, Robinson, Lester, Bell and less for Zorko/Beams.

I also wouldnt rub out Bell just yet. His best football was as in inside mid at Carlton. He played well as an inside mid in the NEAFL before his injury. He, Robinson and Lester could rotate in and out as big bodied mids/third talls. Will be interesting to see this team take form over the preaseason

Bell really has never been an inside midfield.

We have officially entered the brave new world where contracts are almost officially meaningless. While its great the shoe is on the other foot and it's a decent player with a future actually wanting to come to us clubs must dread this time of year. Players are nominating clubs and doing everything bar walking out.

I know we have restricted trade issues but the system needs a rejig. And given the issue is finally hitting the AFL heartland and getting some traction you can bet it will happen.

It's just a shame they don't listen to us with the same vigor they listen to the powerhouses closer to home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back