Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2012
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Sturt
Sorry for the disjointed post.

Francis was top 10 quality and hasn't exactly had the opportunity. From memory, didn't his brother die shortly before being drafted, he may just be seriously out of whack at Essendon, for all the bravado this board has about SA lads I feel like it could be good for us.

I like Charlie, but I feel like this is ok for us, he gives us speed and xfactor at times, but after the GF, it's consistency that I crave. If Camerons PF performance drives up his price into the first round start the bus IMO.

Sep 17, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry for the disjointed post.

Francis was top 10 quality and hasn't exactly had the opportunity. From memory, didn't his brother die shortly before being drafted, he may just be seriously out of whack at Essendon, for all the bravado this board has about SA lads I feel like it could be good for us.

I like Charlie, but I feel like this is ok for us, he gives us speed and xfactor at times, but after the GF, it's consistency that I crave. If Camerons PF performance drives up his price into the first round start the bus IMO.

We would be stupid to not consider Francis.

Sep 17, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Adrian Dodoro didn't get his reputation for being a complete and utter flog to deal with by being a nice guy.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/28930384ca97307fbb4f7dd47906c514

“He’s a contracted player for the next two years and we have extremely high regard for him as a player,” Dodoro said last month.

“When we drafted him we knew there’d be some limitations initially because of some injury issues.

“We’ve got him to a point now where his fitness is really good, he runs games out exceptionally well and we’re expecting a really big year from him next year.

“I’m pretty sure it’ll be at the Bombers and our fans should be happy to see him playing some really strong footy next year.”

Fixed it for you.

Leversloane

Debutant
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Like I said, I could be wrong.
Bicks said: "name one player that's left us that's said the club is a s**t place to be at".
Scott Welsh. <== one player.
No links. I'm pretty sure he bagged Craig/AFC after leaving, and one other who left the same time. I thought it was Maric.

Is that all you got from that post? o_O

Leversloane

Debutant
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the player you are thinking over was Hudson. Craig thoguth he was abit of a slacker and so we let him go/pushed him out and he went to Dogs. Maric from memory loved the place but wanted opportunity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Anyway, I liked Francis at draft time, but then I also liked Aish. So I have no clue.

I just think the whole "we can turn this seeming bust top pick around because we have a better culture" is a nice story that rarely - if ever - comes true.
Colin Sylvia - all the talent, no application

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Anyway, I liked Francis at draft time, but then I also liked Aish. So I have no clue.

I just think the whole "we can turn this seeming bust top pick around because we have a better culture" is a nice story that rarely - if ever - comes true.
And the name Troy Menzel a stark reminder, 2 years in and hows that going, so similar to Francis it's not funny...

Bonkers000

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was doing fine at the Demons

Scully wasn't working out at Melbourne? 31 games, looked the goods.

Not really "a bust" just not needed

Chris?
Yes Chris. I know it's not quite the same, but he went from whipping boy at the pies to AA at freo.

May 26, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Yes Chris. I know it's not quite the same, but he went from whipping boy at the pies to AA at freo.
But he was an All-Aus at Collingwood in 2003. Ended up being a whipping boy, but mostly because they wanted the next Gordon Coventary and much like Cloke never lived up to expectations. He did lead their goal kicking 5 years though.

Back