No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #10 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
September 12, 2011

"The Mark Bickley Award recognises a young player who lives to the club's values," Crows chief executive Steven Trigg said yesterday.
"It is a management decision - my decision - that as a football club we will not reward someone who walks out."

Trigg said Adelaide was "within five minutes" of finalising a new deal with Gunston on Thursday. But Gunston "walked in at 11am saying he was on a 2pm flight home".

#theCamorraCamrys

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...eafb2ad44?sv=f3d7c91e019406ac2426c0d36d68a6f2

September 12, 2011

"The Mark Bickley Award recognises a young player who lives to the club's values," Crows chief executive Steven Trigg said yesterday.
"It is a management decision - my decision - that as a football club we will not reward someone who walks out."

Trigg said Adelaide was "within five minutes" of finalising a new deal with Gunston on Thursday. But Gunston "walked in at 11am saying he was on a 2pm flight home".

#theCamorraCamrys

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...eafb2ad44?sv=f3d7c91e019406ac2426c0d36d68a6f2

Its interesting to see it was Trigg.

It's one of those things where RL/RU/major league soccer has a totally different culture.

They know mid year players are going, and just get on with it.

Dunno why our lot carry on so much.

Right now it's a meat market, with probably 120/150 players across the board with uncertain futures.

It goes both ways.
Clubs will get rid of a player as soon as it is beneficial to do so.

In return, they demand undying loyalty and profess profound shock when it is not forthcoming.

Clubs will get rid of a player as soon as it is beneficial to do so.

In return, they demand undying loyalty and profess profound shock when it is not forthcoming.

No doubt.

That bullshit about being a one club player suddenly turns into 'take a pay cut for the good of the club'.

And goodbye Eddie Betts, amongst a myriad of loyals.

Disgraceful Crows! :thumbsdown:

Not that Terry Wallace is really knowledgeable and complete flog he brought up a great point on SEN tonight.

Does anyone think if they’d won the premiership and as a premiership player would the same situation arise? No friggen way.

So 2 hours of football changes everything, just really highlights how childish they really are.

Schadenfreude is currently accompanied by a picture of a Crow in the English dictionary!!

The best thing about it is the most relieved person in the world is Lever, was probably dreading having to go to the night.

Its interesting to see it was Trigg.

True.
The 'clubs values' is a debatable point.
Reality is players depart. Get homesick. Get better offers. Get traded/de-listed once they have served their purpose.
Crows reaction to some players leaving is disturbing. It's almost Scientology/cult like.
So Gunston, Lever, Cameron, et al are now SP's (Suppressive Persons)??
Makes you wonder why anyone would want to be traded there. Especially when Port's just down the road (relatively speaking).

Is this news of Aaron Francis requesting a trade back to Adelaide true?

Essendon & Adelaide trading with each other ... good luck!!

And no doubt Essendon fans would want something overpriced and think that will be enough to get the three S's

Pathetic attempt by Dodoro to increase Francis' trade value. Can't wait to see what he DEMANDS from the adelaide clubs now Francis has said he wants to go home.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-06/talented-bomber-aaron-francis-wants-trade-home-to-sa

Bombers list manager Adrian Dodoro said just last month the club was committed to Francis and had high hopes for him.

"He's a contracted player for the next two years and we have extremely high regard for him as a player," Dodoro said.
"When we drafted him we knew there would be some limitations initially because of some injury issues.

September 12, 2011

#theCamorraCamrys

Sound familiar? Grigg?

Is this news of Aaron Francis requesting a trade back to Adelaide true?

Essendon & Adelaide trading with each other ... good luck!!

And no doubt Essendon fans would want something overpriced and think that will be enough to get the three S's
I know Francis was a top draft pick but he has only played a handful of games and Essendon will no doubt be expecting a high pick for him now. I doubt it will happen but they have to lose a player to get picks to get these trades done. It is all well and good having players wanting to be traded to your club but getting the trades done is another story. Imagine if we had these 3 wanting to to come to Carlton. I cannot see how we could do it especially as we have no 2rd round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a little suprised.
Maybe they are giving him a wake up call amd will pick him up again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just to recap. Great trade. :)

WHO GETS WHAT?

Carlton: Pick 8, Sam Kerridge, Lachie Plowman, Liam Sumner, Jed Lamb, Andrew Phillips

GWS: Picks 28, 77, 95 and Geelong’s 2016 first-round selection

Adelaide: Troy Menzel

WHO LOSES WHAT?

Carlton: Picks 77, 95, Geelong’s 2016 first-round selection and Troy Menzel

GWS: Pick 8, Lachie Plowman, Liam Sumner, Jed Lamb, Andrew Phillips

Adelaide: Pick 28, Sam Kerridge

Playing golf at Robina Woods on Thursday and a young guy playing by himself caught up to our group of four. We asked if he want to "play through", he thanked us and proceeded to tee-off on the next hole.

One of my colleagues out of the blue happened to ask him if he plays for any clubs in the area, he said "yes, the Suns", we asked his name and he said "Martin, Jack Martin".

l couldn't help myself and quickly asked him if any of the players were happy to see Ablett Jnr. leaving to which he diplomatically said "yes & no" but the facial expression he gave suggested otherwise.

I also got my haircut whilst in Broadbeach, my barber was young Jesse who informed me that he was a Tigers supporter. When I suggested he should follow the Suns, he said that Ablett Jnr. was one of his clients. Apparently he would regularly go there to get his head shaved.

Playing golf at Robina Woods on Thursday and a young guy playing by himself caught up to our group of four. We asked if he want to "play through", he thanked us and proceeded to tee-off on the next hole.

One of my colleagues out of the blue happened to ask him if he plays for any clubs in the area, he said "yes, the Suns", we asked his name and he said "Martin, Jack Martin".

l couldn't help myself and quickly asked him if any of the players were happy to see Ablett Jnr. leaving to which he diplomatically said "yes & no" but the facial expression he gave suggested otherwise.

I also got my haircut whilst in Broadbeach, my barber was young Jesse who informed me that he was a Tigers supporter. When I suggested he should follow the Suns, he said that Ablett Jnr. was one of his clients. Apparently he would regularly go there to get his head shaved.

But was the barber 196cm ?

Jack can play, had him in my Supercoach team so watched him more closely over the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back