Preview Your Best 22 for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably a bit hopeful. Each case is different, however you could look at Naitanui as a recent example. WC weren't prepared to risk him.
Nic Nat is a big bloke and ruckman & key position players take long.. Smith a light body quick player so I think he will get back sooner..... I hope

Total of 60 games at least from Doedee, Milera and Gallucci

Need to have youthful spark in our side after a touch GF loss.

In their third years if Doedee and Milera aren't regulars, we've stuffed up either our drafting or our development (or possibly our selection).

In their third years if Doedee and Milera aren't regulars, we've stuffed up either our drafting or our development (or possibly our selection).
We take too long to blood our players and actually give them a fair go

Do you really think Doedee can provide as much rebound as Lever? Or some other change to compensate?

I suspect these changes as-is will make our ability to rebound from defence even worse than it already is with Talia Hartigan Brown Kelly.
Talia is 25 , I would seriously consider trading him while he has value. He is never going to be a rebounding defender and lacks speed n skills . Get something whilst we can.

The Sturt fullback whom won the Jack Oatey medal in the GF would do just as well . The club has to make brave calls to make itself better and sometimes it's the ones such as trading Talia which might not make the fans happy but it's a business at the end of day and look what's happened with B Vince . We now have M Crouch and is anyone complaining .

Last edited:

Or there were better players in front of them not giving up their spot!

Or there were better players in front of them not giving up their spot!
In which case we stuffed up because we drafted players for positions that didn't need to be bolstered.

In 2018 if neither Milera nor Doedee are able to break into the side that is a failure. You don't choose first round picks to be depth - you pick them because you think they will become starting players.

In which case we stuffed up because we drafted players for positions that didn't need to be bolstered.

In 2018 if neither Milera nor Doedee are able to break into the side that is a failure. You don't choose first round picks to be depth - you pick them because you think they will become starting players.
I'll give you Milera, he's come along slower then you would want, but having said that he's notched up what 20 games? Not the worst output in 2 years.

But Doedee is a late 1st coming late to footy. He was always gonna take time to get up to AFL speed. 2 years is fine for a guy that was drafted to develop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Round one team:

B:
Brown, Talia, Doedee
HB: Laird, Hartigan, Hampton
C: Motlop, B.Crouch, Gibbs
HF: Lynch, Walker, Milera
FF: Betts, Jenkins, McGovern
FOLL: Jacobs, Sloane, M.Crouch

INT: Greenwood, Atkins, Menzel, Kelly

EMERG/Depth Options: Francis, Knight, Keath, Galucci, Douglas, ROB,

Based on the crows trading oout Lever and Cameron and 2nd round pick for Aaron Francis, 1st round pick (that we got for Cameron) for Bryce Gibbs and picking up Steven Motlop as a RFA.

I think Mackay, Douglas and Knight will likely play 50-65% of games in 2018 but if we are going to have another tilt at a premiership, we need to put ourselves in a position where they are NOT considered best 22.

Without Francis/Gibbs/Motlop/picks

B: Brown, Talia, Doedee
HB: Laird, Hartigan, Kelly
C: Atkins, Sloane, Milera
HF: Gallucci, Walker, Lynch
F: Betts, Jenkins, McGovern
R: Jacobs, Brouch, Mrouch
I/C: Greenwood, Knight/Mackay, Douglas, Seedsman

My Round one team:

B:
Brown, Talia, Doedee

Based on the crows trading oout Lever and Cameron and 2nd round pick for Aaron Francis, 1st round pick (that we got for Cameron) for Bryce Gibbs and picking up Steven Motlop as a RFA.

I think Mackay, Douglas and Knight will likely play 50-65% of games in 2018 but if we are going to have another tilt at a premiership, we need to put ourselves in a position where they are NOT considered best 22.
If we landed both Gibbs & Motlop, I would be tempted to use Gibbs at times in Smith's role.

Imo, Hampton is best played at a midfielder/forward, rather than in defence.

My Round one team:

B:
Brown, Talia, Doedee

Reckon Doedee may be competing with Kelly for a spot. See Keath and Knight starting 22. Milera, Atkins and Kelly no certainties for spots. Menzel if the rumours are true may not be on our list.

I'll give you Milera, he's come along slower then you would want, but having said that he's notched up what 20 games? Not the worst output in 2 years.

But Doedee is a late 1st coming late to footy. He was always gonna take time to get up to AFL speed. 2 years is fine for a guy that was drafted to develop
Make or break year coming up for Doedee. Must have a massive summer and would like to see him play 15 games and hold his spot.

Make or break year coming up for Doedee. Must have a massive summer and would like to see him play 15 games and hold his spot.
Agreed, he needs to get 10+games in my eyes otherwise he falls into the Wigg vortex in my eyes. But hey, with Lever gone, he's got as good an opportunity as anyone.

I'm hoping he skipped the club champions awards night for skills training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back