teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
You are an arse clown if you spend 2 weeks sacking someone after letting the cat slip out of the bag. Executions should occur quickly and painlessly. I hope you arent calling Triggs dismissal as professionsl

Maybe the club respects Trigg and Trigg respects the club and going about it in a. Professional way until Caro throws the cats among the pigeons.

Are you upset or something about some of your statements in the last few days being the complete opposite to what is actually taking place?

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
We appointed Swan who had an overpaid holiday whilst at CFC and did bugger all other than stick us with MM, Daisy and screwed up our list for three years.

We sacked Swan and replaced him with Trigg. This guy was let go from Adelaide because of the salary cap debacle. (Exactly what CFC wanted after all of the pain that Elliot put us through.) We may as well have appointed Brian Waldron. Trigg may have taken the fall for others, but he was at the helm and he was sacrificed.

Now we are told Trigg is not upto it. It took them three years to figure out that travelling back and forth from Adelaide was not an ideal scenario, oh and he wasn't meeting his KPI's. Now they are seeking to appoint a bloke who could not keep his pecker in his trousers and thought it was ok to have a relationship with a staff member and humiliating his wife. I wonder what the ladies team would be thinking about all of this?

Lethlean said in July....'My priority now is to do everything I can to repair the damage and hurt I have caused my wife and my family and I cannot do this while working in this public role. Regaining the trust and love of my wife and my family will be my total focus,"

My that was quick. Everything has been repaired and all is forgiven? This guy is living in the Star Trek universe.

Kate Jenkins has said no.... Jeanine Pratt knows first hand the pain and humiliation at the hands of a philanderer, but most of the boys on the Board just wink and nod and have a giggle about it, because that is what these guys do. His only mistake is that he got caught will probably be their view.

Jeff Kennett is the only one with a brain in his head. He said straight out, Lethlean was not getting their job. Well done Jeff, probably underscores why Hawthorn have won premierships whilst we have spent nearly 2 decades in the bottom 6.

I wonder how long before Bolton is given his marching orders because someone else like another MM becomes available?

The same Hawthorn that took a 6 month process and sacked the successful candidate in 5 months?

The same Jeff Kennett they couldn’t wait to get rid off, especially the coach?

Spare me, please!!

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
We appointed Swan who had an overpaid holiday whilst at CFC and did bugger all other than stick us with MM, Daisy and screwed up our list for three years.

We sacked Swan and replaced him with Trigg. This guy was let go from Adelaide because of the salary cap debacle. (Exactly what CFC wanted after all of the pain that Elliot put us through.) We may as well have appointed Brian Waldron. Trigg may have taken the fall for others, but he was at the helm and he was sacrificed.

Now we are told Trigg is not upto it. It took them three years to figure out that travelling back and forth from Adelaide was not an ideal scenario, oh and he wasn't meeting his KPI's. Now they are seeking to appoint a bloke who could not keep his pecker in his trousers and thought it was ok to have a relationship with a staff member and humiliating his wife. I wonder what the ladies team would be thinking about all of this?

Lethlean said in July....'My priority now is to do everything I can to repair the damage and hurt I have caused my wife and my family and I cannot do this while working in this public role. Regaining the trust and love of my wife and my family will be my total focus,"

My that was quick. Everything has been repaired and all is forgiven? This guy is living in the Star Trek universe.

Kate Jenkins has said no.... Jeanine Pratt knows first hand the pain and humiliation at the hands of a philanderer, but most of the boys on the Board just wink and nod and have a giggle about it, because that is what these guys do. His only mistake is that he got caught will probably be their view.

Jeff Kennett is the only one with a brain in his head. He said straight out, Lethlean was not getting their job. Well done Jeff, probably underscores why Hawthorn have won premierships whilst we have spent nearly 2 decades in the bottom 6.

I wonder how long before Bolton is given his marching orders because someone else like another MM becomes available?

To answer your statement and question that i have bolded:

I would think some of them would agree with you and most likely most of them would shrug and think what is this patriarchal git banging on about.

TheHeatleyStand

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2003
Iceland
AFL Club
Carlton
Times change mate you just can't smack money down and expect results anymore, very naive to think that way of business still works in a professional sporting organisation.

Hope the board actually go through a process without certain board members/previous puppet masters going about having their own conversations without board approval eg the Hawks list manager situation.
Times change but what counts is what works
I don't worry about headhunting... It's always been done always will be done
What's important is how effectively you execute it and the results

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Difference is Carlton don't have an interstate office or operate nationally. Our business is solely based in Melbourne and our customers and stakeholders are all based in Melbourne. He needs to be based in Melbourne, not rolling in at 9.30 on a Monday due to flights being delayed and leaving early to catch a flight home. The job also involves being at work in Melbourne most Saturdays or Sundays. It is not a job that can be done remotely.

He might complain about lack of transparency in this but he mislead the Board on his intentions to relocate his family (presumably unlike the examples you have given). Ultimately some of his commercial KPI's haven't been met and the Board was no longer prepared to accept an absent CEO.
I don't disagree with any of this, I was just pointing out that these days organisations will look to be flexible if a particular candidate stands out. Whether an AFL club can offer the same sort of flexibility is debatable.

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
It’s clear from an article posted earlier that Trigg was moving to Melbourne to live, what happened since then is a mystery but it’s clear it’s been a sore point for some time considering ongoing discussions between Trigg and the board.

IMO Triggs been fantastic but there’s somebody out there seen as a better candidate and actually lives in Melbourne AND has the opportunity at a second chance....he won’t get a third!!

Anyone seeing this as remotely negative has an agenda, plain and simple. They'll go the process and Lethlean will most likely come out on top but there will be a process and i'll piss myself laughing if someone else gets the nod!!

Last edited:

Poorman53

All Australian
Jan 12, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Times change but what counts is what works
I don't worry about headhunting... It's always been done always will be done
What's important is how effectively you execute it and the results

Head huntered Mick Malthouse that worked out well. But point taken, I'm just concerned about some on the board going behind the current CEO's back, be upfront from the beginning from all reports he didn't have any idea.

Hope the club does its due diligence with Lethlean would be going through a bit at home with his marriage braking down, being sacked, is he in a great place to lead a club?

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
There's a lot of cheap shots, references to previous boards and guess work in there.
There is no doubt Caro is switched on when it comes to the admin side of AFL clubs, but she has always been one to lace her stories with her own opinion & suppositions rather than sticking to the facts.

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Generally Caro is right, very rarely wrong in regards to the meat of the story but she loves a shitload of gravy on top.

And that’s why I think clubs and supporters despise her.

I don’t mind her stuff personally, need someone to keep the bastards honest but she’s well known for exaggerating a story to the enth degree

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists

Let those without sin caste the first stone!!
FFS.
Kennet is a moron and we don't promote ourselves as "The Family Club",yet they are hardly the clean slate club,"INJUNCTION".
If Simon has cleaned up his act personally,then why the hell not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Risky business, Lethlean's skills as an administrator are not in question but he is now effectively damaged goods. Taking him on will alienate a lot of potential sponsors who will feel uncomfortable with the link to Lethlean in view of his past, I hope billionaire Bruce Mathiesons nephew Craig, SOS and the others driving this are happy to pick up the financial slack. Sometimes the cost is just too high.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...looks-to-be-under-threat-20171005-gyuvny.html

Doro

Collective Narcissism Support Group
Sep 22, 2011
62 West Wallaby St.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
Risky business, Lethlean's skills as an administrator are not in question but he is now effectively damaged goods. Taking him on will alienate a lot of potential sponsors who will feel uncomfortable with the link to Lethlean in view of his past, I hope billionaire Bruce Mathiesons nephew Craig, SOS and the others driving this are happy to pick up the financial slack. Sometimes the cost is just too high.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...looks-to-be-under-threat-20171005-gyuvny.html

This time last year, Monteath, Wood et al. were attempting a boardroom coup after your disappointing season. Do you think last week would have occurred if that had got over the line? Sometimes you need to establish a direction and block out external noise if you want to continue to progress. He doesn't have the job yet.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
He is perceivably damaged goods..........not effectively.
Big difference but could amount to the same net result.

I don't mind the CFC going against the 'popular flow' if they know they can get the job done.
Pretty sure there will be further information that will come about with this appointment.
Just want for MLG and co. to have thought this through to the endth degree and if they missed a step.....
I ******* hate this whole morality argument,look at our club and it's history,look at any of the foundation clubs and argue that any have a clean history based on moral principles!
Whose morals?,farqing laughable concept!
What successful business person is free from moral deception?
None!
Do the job you're required and don't * it up!
We have more pressing issues as a club than morality!

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I ******* hate this whole morality argument,look at our club and it's history,look at any of the foundation clubs and argue that any have a clean history based on moral principles!
Whose morals?,farqing laughable concept!
What successful business person is free from moral deception?
None!
Do the job you're required and don't **** it up!
We have more pressing issues as a club than morality!
What are you even talking about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back