List Mgmt. Trade Away Our 2018 1st Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Lukosius, Rankine and Hill is enough reason for me not to want to part with our 2018 first. That is without knowing much of what else is available. Unless we improve A LOT we are a reasonable chance of picks 1-3 next year.

If you watched Rankine or Hill you would see it too and as for Lukosius - he is getting compared to N Riewoldt. I know the "next year's draft" crap gets trotted out every year but this is the first time I have believed it might be true. At least at the pointy end. Then there is King and O'Reilly giving us a decent chance at a KPF since we look likely to miss them this year.

Keep it IMO - except for the very unlikely event that Hogan wants to come home. Also would mean we couldn't trade our 2018 2nd for Wilson.

YoU cAn MaKe It CaSeY!

Ahh Sibo - actually had ability and his name has a ring to it as well but just about the worst work ethic ever for a draftee.

Really not sure what will happen next year with our ladder position - we could easily bomb or seriously climb the ladder. Either way the prospects next year (O'Reilly another?) look very good and taking another next year keeps spreading our ages.

I'm in the trade out our 1st pick for a player and later round picks every year camp

Admittedly I'm here by myself......except for a shitload of midgies so getting extra 1st round picks isn't really something I would support unless it was to get a gun player in

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok.... I want you to think this through very carefully....

Freo back in 2001 traded picks 1, 20 and 36 for Trent Croad and Luke McPharlin. Hawks used pick 1 on luke Hodge and 36 on sam Mitchell. those 2 helped the hawks beat us in the 2013 GF. Trent Croad went back to the hawks after 2 years. We got laughed at for many years because of that.

The 2018 draft like the 2001 draft is a very good draft and you want to trade out 2018 1st rounder away?

It was actually good trade for us, McPharlin was worth pick 1 on his own. It's not our fault that Hawthorn got Mitchell with 36, 17 other teams passed him up twice too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks good but no one is worth tanking and wasting a year over. How I see it - 2017 was our last chance to "tank" for a higher draft pick if we're serious about improving.

When was the last time our first round pick did well? Hilly is not that great.
Logue in 2018 was amazing, break-out season. He was the pillar of our back-line. The shift into the midfield towards the end of the season really showed his individual game which was structurally confined in 2017. I think we'll see him in the leadership group in 2020.
Not to mention Lachie Weller's full time move into the midfield. Outstanding season, robbed of the norm smith.

I've got a feeling you'll need a pick in the top 1 to get Lukosius.
Ahh but you see if Brisbane are last they probably take Rankine since they are stacked for talls (especially acter they take Ballenden this year) and Carlton likely take King or another mid. I am way to invested in next years draft already...

Wouldn't even be top 5.
I have him top 5 atm because we've yet to see some of the other highly rated draft prospects for next year in the u18s (eg the King brothers). Thought Hill would have come close to u18s AA as a bottom ager. Other than Lukosius, Rankine, and possibly the King twins, who else do you have a ahead of him?

I rate him just for the single passage of play at 50s mark of the video below.

It was actually good trade for us, McPharlin was worth pick 1 on his own. It's not our fault that Hawthorn got Mitchell with 36, 17 other teams passed him up twice too.
Very bad trading. Could have used the Pre season draft threat to get Mcpharlin for pick 20.

I agree pick 36 was very lucky for the Hawks.

Honestly, there is not much i wouldnt do to get a hold of top 3 pick in next years draft. Lukosious is a certain superstar. This was his league debut in the SANFL, in a final, as a 16/17 year old...

Geez, hadn't seen that highlights package, only his U18s stuff (which was already more than enough). What an absolute gun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back