Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d prefer we get involved in the lever deal & try to pry one of Melbourne’s inside mids from them for Francis... I’d be pushing for Brayshaw. Probably have to sweeten the deal but he’d fit perfectly.

Did think Brayshaw but a little worried about his concussions.

Don't blame Francis for being pissed off when cooked potatos like Watson and Howlett were getting games this year. That sort of crap breeds malcontent and frustration with the developing group of any team.

I’d prefer we get involved in the lever deal & try to pry one of Melbourne’s inside mids from them for Francis... I’d be pushing for Brayshaw. Probably have to sweeten the deal but he’d fit perfectly.
So much this.

Adelaide:
In: Aaron Francis, pick 10, pick 27
Out: Lever, pick 16,

Melbourne:
In: Lever, pick 46
Out: Dom Tyson, pick 10

Essendon:
In: pick 16, Dom Tyson
Out: Francis, pick 27, pick 46

I think everyone walks away happy?!?

So much this.

Adelaide:
In: Aaron Francis, pick 10, pick 27
Out: Lever, pick 16,

Melbourne:
In: Lever, pick 46
Out: Dom Tyson, pick 10

Essendon:
In: pick 16, Dom Tyson
Out: Francis, pick 27, pick 46

I think everyone walks away happy?!?

I’d prefer Brayshaw but it’s unlikely. Otherwise yeah that seems pretty fair to me.

I’d prefer Brayshaw but it’s unlikely. Otherwise yeah that seems pretty fair to me.
Brayshaw's history with concussions scares me. I stand corrected but he has had like 3-4 the last two years hasnt he. Tyson is a safer bet. Is surplus to requirements at Melbourne.

Brayshaw's history with concussions scares me. I stand corrected but he has had like 3-4 the last two years hasnt he. Tyson is a safer bet. Is surplus to requirements at Melbourne.

Tyson is a solid player but Brayshaw I see as having the potential to be among the elite.

Agree his concussion issues are a worry but he came back this year and it looked like he hadn’t missed a beat. I’d take either but I’m a big fan of Brayshaw & like Tyson, he’s surplus to their requirements so they may be able to be convinced.

Don't blame Francis for being pissed off when cooked potatos like Watson and Howlett were getting games this year. That sort of crap breeds malcontent and frustration with the developing group of any team.
you’re nuts man. you’re nuts.

Yep, Francis being played down back or up forward was really kept out by 2 midfielders.

If you're going to be disrespectful of a club champion, at least put some thought behind it. Otherwise you just look like a *******

Dodoro's comments about Francis last week have pretty much indicated that we're going to have to get a bloody good offer to trade him and the way I see it not a lot has changed. The Francis camp haven't indicated he's massively discontented, the two Adelaide clubs haven't come out and massively thrown their hats in the ring (something that I think could be a huge wake up call for Az, given he's probably in the frame of mind that if Essendon doesn't work out I'll just go back to Adelaide and receive a heroes welcome) and Essendon still remain committed to him.

I highly doubt it's the first time something like this has happened, and to be perfectly honest I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be hard to give him games next year knowing that he'll most likely be gone the year after

the trade off between driving his value up, the opportunity cost of other players development, and giving him games in the hope that he'll stay

awkward situation if he does stay and makes the SSS trades harder. Have been adamant that he shouldnt be traded and am relatively confident he'll turn into a gun but probably best to let him go if theres a good trade waiting.

Yep, Francis being played down back or up forward was really kept out by 2 midfielders.

If you're going to be disrespectful of a club champion, at least put some thought behind it. Otherwise you just look like a *******

Disrespectful? Please :$.

Morale isn't hard to understand in terms of what effects and affects it and thanks for missing the point completely, too.

Have some empathy for players not in the team seeing others in the team who shouldn't be, instead of wearing your rose coloured glasses.

It's a bit about opportunity. He was one of our better players against Freo earlier this year - and was then for some reason dropped and not seen again. We had plenty worse players that day who played the next week. As in 10+.
One of our better players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be hard to give him games next year knowing that he'll most likely be gone the year after

the trade off between driving his value up, the opportunity cost of other players development, and giving him games in the hope that he'll stay

awkward situation if he does stay and makes the SSS trades harder. Have been adamant that he shouldnt be traded and am relatively confident he'll turn into a gun but probably best to let him go if theres a good trade waiting.
The other sidee of that scenario is he knows he is going. He works hard to pump up his next contract, plays some good games, has another year in melbourne and realises its not all that bad and stays.

Thats the ris, you run in keeping him

Morale isn't hard to understand in terms of what effects and affects it and thanks for missing the point completely, too.

Have some empathy for players not in the team seeing others in the team who shouldn't be, instead of wearing your rose coloured glasses.
I think Francis morale would've been higher if he had've managed to get a kick in the VFL. But he couldn't really manage to achieve that, so...

He wasn’t getting games because he basically refuses to do any aerobic work at training, as soon as the balls aren’t around he’s stiff and sore and can’t train. It’s nothing to do with being kept out of the side, by older guys, let’s be honest there are probably 5 spots up for grabs in our side for players that are good enough and earn them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He lost his brother which is one of his best mates before being traded. Was always going to be tough for him to move to Melb.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...n-francis-plays-football-20151104-gkqexq.html
Not unusual for a country boy to struggle to adjust to a move to the big cities and become one of many rather than being the small town big name. Homesickness and yearning for the old environment creeps in pretty easy for this type.

* edit - and on that note and in relationship to the article perhaps the best move for francis would be to instead seek a trade to Brisbane, move right out of his comfort zone and try to draw on that inspiration of honoring his brothers memory.

Last edited:

Again, Francis wasn't replacing Jobe or Howlett (when he played) positions.

He was competing against, Hurley, Hooker, Daniher, Stewart, Ambrose and Hartley. You don't play someone just because they are young and were taken at a high pick, you earn your position by playing well and training hard. Francis has no right to be pissed at anyone playing seniors, if he thinks it's his given right to play at the top level just because he was a top 10 pick he has a lot to learn.

If you think playing him for no other reason than just because he was a top 10 pick then all that does is cause disharmony from guys like Begley who busted his arse to get his games late in the year.

for 15 years we have gifted games to s**t players who didn't put the effort in, and you still want this to continue, yet apparently I'm wearing the rose glasses, * me.

I think Francis morale would've been higher if he had've managed to get a kick in the VFL. But he couldn't really manage to achieve that, so...

14.3 disposals per game is not not managing to get a kick mate. Again, not even the point. We're not a high performing, high rewarding team at this point in time. We had well-below par players crazily being picked regularly in our best 22.

We might be attractive in the future, but our AFL team as a whole hardly screams hunger and success. I don't blame Aaron if he isn't feeling inspired at Essendon. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but it's true.

Again, Francis wasn't replacing Jobe or Howlett (when he played) positions.

He was competing against, Hurley, Hooker, Daniher, Stewart, Ambrose and Hartley. You don't play someone just because they are young and were taken at a high pick, you earn your position by playing well and training hard. Francis has no right to be pissed at anyone playing seniors, if he thinks it's his given right to play at the top level just because he was a top 10 pick he has a lot to learn.

If you think playing him for no other reason than just because he was a top 10 pick then all that does is cause disharmony from guys like Begley who busted his arse to get his games late in the year.

for 15 years we have gifted games to s**t players who didn't put the effort in, and you still want this to continue, yet apparently I'm wearing the rose glasses, **** me.

Why do you keep talking about his position in the team as if I'm saying it was being blocked by Watson? Way to miss the point.

Yes you are wearing rose glasses if you think Jobe wasn't beyond cooked this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back