Prediction Copeland Trophy and other awards 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

If someone would kindly post the other award winners on the night.
Not sure I've caught them all.
2017 E.W. Copeland Trophy Top Ten
1. Steele Sidebottom, 140 (E.W. Copeland Trophy)
2. Taylor Adams, 139 (R.T. Rush Trophy)
3. Adam Treloar, 112 (J.J. Joyce Trophy)
4. Jeremy Howe, 111 (J.F. McHale Trophy)
5. Brodie Grundy, 92(Jack Regan Trophy)
6. Scott Pendlebury, 91
7. Jack Crisp, 91
8. Brayden Maynard, 79
9. Jamie Elliott, 69
10. Will Hoskin-Elliott, 69

And that means?

....Sweet FA.
I think it's a great insight for most of us who don't actually know what goes on inside the walls of the footy club. I am stoked to hear the players speak so highly of Bucks and because the players thoughts tell us more than the thoughts of us Big Footy followers I was genuinely pleased to hear their confirmation that the right man is in place to lead us.

I think it's a great insight for most of us who don't actually know what goes on inside the walls of the footy club. I am stoked to hear the players speak so highly of Bucks and because the players thoughts tell us more than the thoughts of us Big Footy followers I was genuinely pleased to hear their confirmation that the right man is in place to lead us.
And I respect your reasoning and explanation of your thoughts. Thank-you.

I've got a response for you, but this is the wrong thread. So we'll reconvene another time.

Other Awards

Darren Millane Perpetual Memorial Trophy (Best Clubman)

Tyson Goldsack

Harry Collier Trophy (Best First Year Player)
Callum Brown

Gordon Coventry Award (Leading Goal Kicker)
Jamie Elliott (34 goals)

Joseph Wren Award (Best VFL Player)
Marty Hore, 82 votes

Well done Steele. Good reward for being a consistently high performer over many years now.

Also great seasons from Tay Adams and Jeremy Howe IMO. 1st, 2nd and 4th all in the leadership group (skipper probably in the top 5 too if not for the late injury); we are in good hands.

Go Pies.

Yup, Pendles was leading as usual at the time of his injury, I can't see him failing to at least crack the top 5 from there without the stuffed finger.

Other Awards

Darren Millane Perpetual Memorial Trophy (Best Clubman)

Tyson Goldsack

Harry Collier Trophy (Best First Year Player)
Callum Brown

Gordon Coventry Award (Leading Goal Kicker)
Jamie Elliott (34 goals)

Joseph Wren Award (Best VFL Player)
Marty Hore, 82 votes

Lol best first yr player.. Brown.. goes to show. Hardly played.

Steele Sidebottom, 140 (E.W. Copeland Trophy)
6. Scott Pendlebury, 91
7. Jack Crisp, 91
8. Brayden Maynard, 79
9. Jamie Elliott, 69

An underrated season from Jack Crisp. Relished his change of role this year.

Also well done to Bruzzy Maynard on his first top 10 finish and also to WHE for a top 10 in first season in B & W.

Lol best first yr player.. Brown.. goes to show. Hardly played.
If there's not many first year games played, I'd presume it's an overall view including reserves and training etc. I'm presuming that.

Having an award for a first year player is a great idea and it acknowledges them and a hint to the potential.

Love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing about the players commendations of Bucks was that they didn't sound like hostage videos, they were genuine, you can't fake that. That's a great sign. The other is the camaraderie which is there. The final piece will be gelling over a game plan and playing enough games together.

This year showed we're close. The intensity is there, we just need another year of physical maturity and chemistry and we'll be good. I had my doubts around this year (couldn't get a read) but I'm confident we'll be in the finals again in 2018.

Steele Sidebottom, 140 (E.W. Copeland Trophy)
6. Scott Pendlebury, 91
7. Jack Crisp, 91
8. Brayden Maynard, 79
9. Jamie Elliott, 69
Wow not much in it between 1 and 2.
Great to see Maynards name up there and WHE in top 10 in his first year with us.
So from that list who makes room for JDG next year.

Who do you think will win?
Sidebottom consistent contributions all year and highly rated by match committee
Second? Adams
Third? Howe

Best first year player? Brown
Best Clubman? Goldsack
Most improved? Maynard
The One Percenters Award? L Dunn
Best recruit? WHE
Best reserves player? NFI

Best future prospect?

Not a bad effort...

Here's part of a post from yesterday about Bucks...
"He shouldn't have been re-appointed the time before last given all the noise around re disgruntled players.
I'm not hearing/seeing that now and whilst on performances he shouldn't have been re-appointed I believe, (guess) the playing group had a fair bit to say about it."

The only part l did not like was ed at the end, wish he would stop with the big club bit till we are the best club again.
To all the winners a very well done

Honestly who would want to watch this s**t, been to two Copeland nights absolute borefest and crap talking session that got everybody jolly and pumped for the following season.

The only highlight was that nut job Harry giving the farewell speech.
You didn't seem bored last time you went lol

Sorry MG

It was a good night we tipped the young waitress a 50 and didn't have a dry glass all night.

Maxwell's speech was great the club really love him, it was great to see Didak, I feel he has made up with the club after leaving unhappy. Harry rocked up just as the event started good on him for going, but his speech was just the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

The event went quicker then I thought it would but it was a good night, I took Mighty T and Igniter into the Mahogany room for a couple free drinks, then we hit the town after that.

Thank you very much for organising MG, we have decided to make the night an annual
event.

The only part l did not like was ed at the end, wish he would stop with the big club bit till we are the best club again.
To all the winners a very well done
Agree.
Ed should just drop the over hype. Serves no real purpose.
Thank everyone, be confident in the future.... thank the sponsors again, thank the players and everyone in the room.
Then shhhh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back