Unofficial Preview 2017 Club Champion Dinner

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh jeez, I used to like the Stringer brothers. Alan was the real psycho one if I remember rightly and I remember a game at the bay where the Tiges hacked the ball forward from the middle, contested ball, and Alan comes out with the ball and slots it from 50 only for the ump to report him and pay a free kick.

I was ropeable but they showed the replay and Stringer managed to dislodged the ball from his opponent with a swinging elbow that sweetly, sweetly hit his opponent causing him, in his concussed state to cough the ball up to Stringer for the intercept.

Best part was Stringer was livid that a free had been paid, as if he had done nothing wrong. I was just impressed with the coordination of the man to run at an opponent, swing an elbow and catch the ball before two steps bang, straight through the hi diddle diddle from 50.

Aah good times :)

Yes the Stringers certainly added some muscle to those Tiger teams, great recruits from North who played big roles in the 85/86 premierships

I bought a guernsey at a Tiger auction once, no 25 - Alan's number. I wanted to get him to sign it but he wasn't there. Wayne was, so I asked him how I could get in touch with Alan. He said "Here's Alan's mobile, give him a ring. He should be fine about it but if you don't get anywhere - here's my number, call me.."

I never got around to making that phone call. Still got the guernsey somewhere

Liked Brad's speech, especially the bit at the end.

kind of abnormally emphatic about how good he thinks Chappy is... that and "we feel we deserve the good times" strikes me as being a bit Port Kool-Aidy I hate to say.

Yes the Stringers certainly added some muscle to those Tiger teams, great recruits from North who played big roles in the 85/86 premierships

I bought a guernsey at a Tiger auction once, no 25 - Alan's number. I wanted to get him to sign it but he wasn't there. Wayne was, so I asked him how I could get in touch with Alan. He said "Here's Alan's mobile, give him a ring. He should be fine about it but if you don't get anywhere - here's my number, call me.."

Yeah, had a bit to do with Wayne after football, thought he was a ripper guy

The best times, we were unbelievable.

Wayne was the tough one , Alan was the sniper. Alan could play and led the Magerey one year after 12 rounds before he was reported for about 3-4 games.He could play and his brother was tough and they were the reason the Bays won two in a row + Wayne Henwood. (food for thought)

They were both tough, just thought Alan had a bit of the old screw loose on the footy field. Alan was such a good player...

kind of abnormally emphatic about how good he thinks Chappy is... that and "we feel we deserve the good times" strikes me as being a bit Port Kool-Aidy I hate to say.
Crouch boys not known to bullshit much around these parts.

Crouch boys not known to bullshit much around these parts.
no, but just because he's not bullshitting doesn't mean he's got the right idea.

Tex wasn't faking his confidence in the pre-Grand Final presser either...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 5

DLdARQLU8AAUlTi.jpg

We need to build a clubhouse .All our players have come from a club. Give them a club and a lot more footy players will stay. We can afford to build a club. Do it and reap the benefits ,don't and we will continue pay the penalty.

We need to build a clubhouse .All our players have come from a club. Give them a club and a lot more footy players will stay. We can afford to build a club. Do it and reap the benefits ,don't and we will continue pay the penalty.

Totally agree, I'd like a club I could go to have a beer as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back