The Charles Cameron Apology Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Paladin

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He played one outstanding final (Prelim), one awful final (Qualifying), and one anonymous final (Grand Final). I would hardly call that "a great finals series". One good game does not a "great series" make, no matter how good it is (and his PF final performance was amazing).

One good game does not make up for 4 months of unremitting garbage, which is what he churned out for the rest of the season, from R12 onwards.
Qualifying final was not awful. Did you even watch it?

Paladin

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Even if we agreed that he only played one good final, it was a VERY good one so will assist the price being asked.
Of course he dominated the biggest game in Adelaide for 20 years he is worth plenty.

He has also been a good performer in other finals and definitely wasnt awful against GWS.

So where did Charlie come in the B and F ? Around 12th I reckon

14th in votes per game and below the average amount.
Finished in the bottom 10 players for consistency.
Finished 24th in votes per game in games we lost with the 5th worst differential between wins and losses.
Also finished with a below par result in the difference between votes in games against top 8 and bottom 10 sides

But he did manage 12th in votes per game in wins, and 16th in votes per game against top 8 sides

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Finished 24th in votes per game in games we lost with the 5th worst differential between wins and losses.
Also finished with a below par result in the difference between votes in games against top 8 and bottom 10 sides

But he did manage 12th in votes per game in wins, and 16th in votes per game against top 8 sides
And where did he come in then b and F ?

Ps when is collecting votes in losses more important than wins ? Just further emphasises he's an important player when he plays well we likely win and we did that alot this year

More holes

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows

I'd be interested to see a breakdown of first half of the season vs second half of the season. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that he got 75% of his votes in the first half of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
When people say he has a diabolical season should have been dropped for the prelim you need to call them out
He started the season well, it's just that he was rubbish for the 4 months leading up to the PF. This is what people have been saying, so there's no need to create strawmen arguing otherwise.

Here are his votes:
R1 - 15
R2 - 11
R3 - 9
R4 - 9
R5 - 9
R6 - 8
R7 - 2
R8 - 1
R9 - 16
R10 - 8
R11 - 0
R12 - 6
R13 - Bye
R14 - 1
R15 - DNP
R16 - 2
R17 - 14
R18 - 4
R19 - 5
R20 - 8 (** 13 players received 10+ votes for this game)
R21 - 3
R22 - 3
R23 - 1
QF - 6 (How? He barely hit a target all night!)
PF - 18 (equal best)
GF - 5

Total for R1-10 = 88 (avg 8.8 votes per game)
Total for R11-GF = 76 (avg 5.4 votes per game)
Total for R11-QF = 53 (avg 4.4 votes per game)

People said that he'd been rubbish for the 3-4 months, leading up to the PF, and the B&F voting supports that. From R11-QF he played 12 games, at an average of 4.4 votes per game. That's half the votes (per game) he received for the first 10 rounds.

His voting in the last 3 H&A games were 3, 3, 1 - hardly indicative of a player performing well. This is why people were calling for him to be dropped.

He had good games in the PF, and R17 against Melbourne. He averaged just 3.7 votes for the other 12 games he played from R12-GF. Two good games, 12 average or poor games, from the last 14.

There is absolutely nothing here which contradicts what his critics have been saying.

The facts remain - aside from 2 good games (one of which was exceptional), he played well below the standard expected from R12 onwards.

Feb 4, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies - SNAFL
When people say he has a diabolical season should have been dropped for the prelim you need to call them out
For mine I thought he was a liability coming into finals. My biggest gripe was not using his speed with efficiency. Once the throttle was on full....the kicks could go anywhere.

He had an extraordinary prelim final.....I won't deny that.

I don't look at stats so I go with my own gut feel after watching every game this year.

Last year I thought wow....this guy can become elite. This year I felt he took a backwards step. I don't expect him to have a blinder every game but he does need to think more instead of just blazing away when under pressure.

The kid has a really good kick when he has time and composure.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
He started the season well, it's just that he was rubbish for the 4 months leading up to the PF. This is what people have been saying, so there's no need to create strawmen arguing otherwise.

Here are his votes:
R1 - 15
R2 - 11
R3 - 9
R4 - 9
R5 - 9
R6 - 8
R7 - 2
R8 - 1
R9 - 16
R10 - 8
R11 - 0
R12 - 6
R13 - Bye
R14 - 1
R15 - DNP
R16 - 2
R17 - 14
R18 - 4
R19 - 5
R20 - 8 (** 13 players received 10+ votes for this game)
R21 - 3
R22 - 3
R23 - 1
QF - 6 (How? He barely hit a target all night!)
PF - 18 (equal best)
GF - 5

Total for R1-10 = 88 (avg 8.8 votes per game)
Total for R11-GF = 76 (avg 5.4 votes per game)
Total for R11-QF = 53 (avg 4.4 votes per game)

People said that he'd been rubbish for the 3-4 months, leading up to the PF, and the B&F voting supports that. From R11-QF he played 12 games, at an average of 4.4 votes per game. That's half the votes (per game) he received for the first 10 rounds.

His voting in the last 3 H&A games were 3, 3, 1 - hardly indicative of a player performing well. This is why people were calling for him to be dropped.

He had good games in the PF, and R17 against Melbourne. He averaged just 3.7 votes for the other 12 games he played from R12-GF. Two good games, 12 average or poor games, from the last 14.

There is absolutely nothing here which contradicts what his critics have been saying.

The facts remain - aside from 2 good games (one of which was exceptional), he played well below the standard expected from R12 onwards.
And yet finished top half in th B and F and may attract a top 20 pick - not bad for a 'diabolical ' season

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
And yet finished top half in th B and F and may attract a top 20 pick - not bad for a 'diabolical ' season
He was diabolical in the second half of the season (R11 onwards). He was playing to his normal standard before that. Not sure why you keep making up this "diabolical season" strawman.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not often I agree with Vader but Cameron's votes for the second half of the year confirm what we said, he was in poor form and carried.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back