2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon would be demanding pick 1 lol.

....and out first rounder next year

One does not approach the Bummers with such grand schemes.

Unless one wants to invite bending over and reaming in a nasty way.

They are notoriously difficult to deal with

Essendon should be given it's own separate trade week to ruin.

MAIN%20ruin%20cake.jpg

You never know, his wife might beat him. Only time I would support domestic violence ever.

Probs....I thought it was the purple hair that led to his divorce.... maybe he put a restraining on her as his ex lives in Sydney..

What is wrong with the Menzels? Not suggesting we should have a look but thought they were both really talented and now they're not rated by their clubs.

Not sure what the go is with Troy Menzel, who was delisted today by the Crows. But, his first two years at Carlton were great. Looked like he was going to be a gun. Definitely has the talent to make it, just unsure if he has the work-rate. I'd actually prefer him to Cameron and we could rookie him for nothing.

What is wrong with the Menzels? Not suggesting we should have a look but thought they were both really talented and now they're not rated by their clubs.

Sounds like poor work ethic x2

Not sure what the go is with Troy Menzel, who was delisted today by the Crows. But, his first two years at Carlton were great. Looked like he was going to be a gun. Definitely has the talent to make it, just unsure if he has the work-rate. I'd actually prefer him to Cameron and we could rookie him for nothing.
Had the potential to be a Rioli Type star - especially in the Adelaide forward line.
Obviously just didnt have the drive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are a medium/small and can't or won't tackle and chase, you won't make it in the forward half. It has become more important than kicking goals for half forwards and forward pockets.
Which goes some way to explaining the coaches' love for Barrett.

Which goes some way to explaining the coaches' love for Barrett.

They probably don't mind the fact that he can pull a goal out of his arse now and again too.

He's at least as good as the spudworthy J Castagna who somehow managed to keep his spot in Richmond's premiership team.

Last edited:
Pick 11 and 27 for 18 and 19?
Cameron to Brisbane, Francis to Adelaide, Adelaide pick to Essendon (possibly 20 from geelong for Watts)
Bombers and Brisbane may spend some time together this trade period
Are this deals in the ballpark?

Michael Close going into the trade period un contracted, we probably think there may be a trade suitor out there. Would Collingwood or Richmond be interested for a pick around the 40-45 mark which would give us a few hundred points to help match Ballenden (Payne likely to go very late or rookie) as well as opening up another list spot. I can also see us dangling Marco Paparone to see it there's any interest. IMO we need to open up another couple of spots going into the draft.

I wouldn't be surprised if Noble and Ambrogio pull something out of the hat that no one saw coming, what it could be is anyone's guess.

Cameron to Brisbane, Francis to Adelaide, Adelaide pick to Essendon (possibly 20 from geelong for Watts)
Don't mind it at first glance, gives us 1, 11 and 12 to get 3 quality players in before Ballenden is bid on and we can use 27 for Cameron which is more is worth although I'm sure the Crows would disagree.

We would also have to to some juggling somewhere along the line with someone to get points for Ballenden's likely bid around the 15-25 mark.

Imo it works for brisbane can't speak for adelaide though cause atm their supporters want pick 12 for Cameron and your scenario has them giving up cameron and pick 20+ for Francis. Not sure you could convince them of that.

Michael Close going into the trade period un contracted, we probably think there may be a trade suitor out there. Would Collingwood or Richmond be interested for a pick around the 40-45 mark which would give us a few hundred points to help match Ballenden (Payne likely to go very late or rookie) as well as opening up another list spot. I can also see us dangling Marco Paparone to see it there's any interest. IMO we need to open up another couple of spots going into the draft.

I wouldn't be surprised if Noble and Ambrogio pull something out of the hat that no one saw coming, what it could be is anyone's guess.
I think payne will go for sure as 4 teams have to select u to go to the draft testing n every team wants a big strong defender.

Essendon make out like bandits. Pick 20 for a lazy spud?

Won't touch the Francis aspects of this because Essendon fans seem to hold him in *much* higher regard than the wider footy public (perhaps for good reason) but I'd be interested in the 11 + 27 for 18 + 19 trade.

I wonder if the Crows would do 12 + 27 for Cameron and 16? Values him at less than the likely offer of 19 but at least they could say "we got pick 12!" to the fans.

Would allow us to land Cameron while moving 1, 12, 18 to 1, 11, 16.

Won't touch the Francis aspects of this because Essendon fans seem to hold him in *much* higher regard than the wider footy public (perhaps for good reason) but I'd be interested in the 11 + 27 for 18 + 19 trade.

I wonder if the Crows would do 12 + 27 for Cameron and 16? Values him at less than the likely offer of 19 but at least they could say "we got pick 12!" to the fans.

Would allow us to land Cameron while moving 1, 12, 18 to 1, 11, 16.

I like it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back