Autopsy Wayne Carey: "Jack > Buddy"

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole thread is about arguing Jack Riewoldt is better than Buddy. He's not, and anyone that tries to argue he is, is a complete ******* moron. Buddy won every stat, but its 'not all about stats'. Ok then. I'm glad that your metric of success is flashy marks. Given the mark Wingard took in 2014, he must be worth 10 Buddy Franklins, am I doing it right?
Read the first bit of my post, actually Ill quote it for you.
"of course Buddy is a better player than Riewoldt "
The rest of my post was highlighting the fact that although Buddie is a better player Jack is pretty good himself, the role he played this year helped in a big way to win a flag, Jack had a pretty good GF, better than Buddies last, but yes overall Buddie is a better player, just dont underrate Jack.

Read the first bit of my post, actually Ill quote it for you.
"of course Buddy is a better player than Riewoldt "
The rest of my post was highlighting the fact that although Buddie is a better player Jack is pretty good himself, the role he played this year helped in a big way to win a flag, Jack had a pretty good GF, better than Buddies last, but yes overall Buddie is a better player, just dont underrate Jack.
Buddys played 5 gfs, pretty harsh to judge him on one.
Especially since he hurt his ankle in the opening minutes and need shoulder surgery straight after.

Buddys played 5 gfs, pretty harsh to judge him on one.
Especially since he hurt his ankle in the opening minutes and need shoulder surgery straight after.
That wasnt my intention this is a silly comparison I mentioned because I think that was the point Carey was trying to make, Jacks game helped us in a big way to win a flag whereas Buddie only managed 1 goal last year himself, Jack is a great player hes won Colemans AA etc but Buddie is a once in a generation player.

That wasnt my intention this is a silly comparison I mentioned because I think that was the point Carey was trying to make, Jacks game helped us in a big way to win a flag whereas Buddie only managed 1 goal last year himself, Jack is a great player hes won Colemans AA etc but Buddie is a once in a generation player.
Well stop replying this is a joke

You're more than welcome to look up their stats. Franklin kicked 20 more goals, had 50% more goal assists, 3 possessions more a game, half a mark more a game this year. Franklin lays .2 less tackles a game which is about the only stat Riewoldt beat him in. The only times Franklin doesn't win the Coleman is when he is injured for a 1/3 of the season. Evidently, in 2012 Jack won the Coleman with 65 goals from 22 games. Franklin kicked 69 in 19 games that year. Its actually embarrassing that someone would argue that Jack is even in his league little own better than one of the all time great players. Not a little bit embarrassing, but, burn your computer and gouge your eyes out so you never infect the game with your stupidity embarrassing.
You might want to re read my post before ya get all high and mighty. I didn't compare Franklin with Riewoldt, I did with other forwards. I also said Franklin was being underrated in this thread, and that he was the most marked forward in the comp. i.e. the best. I know Franklin is the best forward in the league, has been for a decade, but I'd have Riewoldt before many others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone has an an opinion- it's our democratic right. Most people will think Buddy is rated better, a small amount Riewoldt. I think Carey just likes Riewoldt's style and defensive pressure.

Everyone has an an opinion- it's our democratic right. Most people will think Buddy is rated better, a small amount Riewoldt. I think Carey just likes Riewoldt's style and defensive pressure.
Same argument goes comparing JR with his cousin Nick.
Jack played a team oriented game, and year; sacrificing his own. Arguably he’s the most skilful player on Richmond’s list.
If we had Buddy, I doubt we would have even played off for the GF.
Carey is smart enough to recognise what Jack does where others don’t.

Same argument goes comparing JR with his cousin Nick.
Jack played a team oriented game, and year; sacrificing his own. Arguably he’s the most skilful player on Richmond’s list.
If we had Buddy, I doubt we would have even played off for the GF.
Carey is smart enough to recognise what Jack does where others don’t.
Buddys played in 5 gfs Jacks played in 1
Good argument tho.

Buddys played in 5 gfs Jacks played in 1
Good argument tho.
Buddy’s played in 5 cause he’s played in fantastic teams
That’s the point; best team versus best individual s.
So satisfying that best team prevailed over individual talent ( eg GWS, Geelong)

What GWS would now do for a Townsend who they delisted because he wasn’t skilful enough.

Buddy’s played in 5 cause he’s played in fantastic teams
That’s the point; best team versus best individual s.
So satisfying that best team prevailed over individual talent ( eg GWS, Geelong)

What GWS would now do for a Townsend who they delisted because he wasn’t skilful enough.
What so you're saying Richmonds s**t?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back