List Mgmt. 2017 Contract Status (Seppo's Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, Tom Sheridan. The man whose biggest move in football was adding an 'm' and a 'y' to his name. Still has no actual position, still hasn't improved, and yet got another contract. Not really surprised. He is absolute s**t and one year deals are almost pointless – how many of them work out?

Grey is a very good player who tries hard and is tough, but unfortunately I see him going next year as well.

My mate is into Subi and was very very impressed with Collins – said he owned the backline, knew when to peel off his man, held multiple players, was just impressive. When he first came to the club a lot of people liked how Collins went against older guys like Pav and was routinely beating Taberner and Apeness. Seriously, he never ever got flogged, and the biggest obstacle in him getting picked (Dawson) is gone. I do not get it. Guy was strong, mature under the ball, a natural player, and battled very very well. Now he's ending his career on 14 games. What a ******* gip. What a ******* joke.

Deluca was a bit nothing but there's more players I'd axe or trade before him. Probably a decent shout though. Should be happy he finally debuted and his long pre-season and year of intense effort saw him debut and saw him play four games in the AFL... not the worst outcome for a guy who was borderline. I would love to be a bit pissed at a party and say I played in the AFL, or to meet a girl and a few dates in tell her 'oh yeah, I played four games for Freo actually.' Unfortunately introspection is often lost on the alpha bras of the AFL.

I agree on Collins Silent Alarm

If the decision is judged on what he showed in 14 games across 2 seasons then I find it a little harsh considering he probably should of been given more opportunities in a developing year. All year I had been saying that his development should of come at Johnson's management. I'm going to assume that the decision to move him on was based more on the fact of the direction the list is heading rather than him as a player - because he definitely could of been serviceable depth for another year.

Given his size - it seems like the club is confident on Alex Pearce coming good (I hope), Cox eventually being moved back down there and a potential drafting in Naughton. Those future possibilities out of the way it still leaves Johnson / Logue / Hamling to cover height - Duman seems like someone who will be given opportunities next year also so that again may of hindered Collins chances.

I agree on Collins Silent Alarm

If the decision is judged on what he showed in 14 games across 2 seasons then I find it a little harsh considering he probably should of been given more opportunities in a developing year. All year I had been saying that his development should of come at Johnson's management. I'm going to assume that the decision to move him on was based more on the fact of the direction the list is heading rather than him as a player - because he definitely could of been serviceable depth for another year.

Given his size - it seems like the club is confident on Alex Pearce coming good (I hope), Cox eventually being moved back down there and a potential drafting in Naughton. Those future possibilities out of the way it still leaves Johnson / Logue / Hamling to cover height - Duman seems like someone who will be given opportunities next year also so that again may of hindered Collins chances.

Pointless giving more opportunities to a player that wasnt going to make it . Collins was a great WAFL player but undersized and to slow for AFL.

Up there with Viv Michie for those who are useless footy judges with an ongoing need to slag the club, he's another conduit.
Reality is he's terrific in his application but limited and similar to Scos might just be picked up by someone with defensive holes.

I wouldn't compare the two but I assume the answer to your question is 15klms of run or whatever he does.
We won't complete the list rebuild this off season and Sheridan is clearly on his last opportunity.
You would like to think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I read that article I thought of you straight away Salim. Then there was that footage of our recruiter with Aaron at the combine... Your master plan may come to fruition. :thumbsu:

Yep ,we are very light on for key defenders now and with Naughton doing well at the combine the odds are shortening on Aaran wearing purple next season.:)

Yep ,we are very light on for key defenders now and with Naughton doing well at the combine the odds are shortening on Aaran wearing purple next season.:)
I noticed he did quite well in the goal kicking test! Just saying.... Naughton and Cox to grab everything that enters our forward fiddy. Could then see D.Pearce getting a 5 year extension for his “bomb it long” abilities!

Surely the club doesn’t use two consecutive top 10 picks on two speculative KPD??? If we get Naughton, surely we’re down grading pick 5 (not against it)

I feel like Collins wasn't even depth. I genuinely believe he could have become a really solid full back, a classic hard-punching full back.
He didn't have the physical tools to keep up with quick leading players at AFL level and was significantly undersized as well when playing at the elite level in a key defensive role. Unfortunately, slim to no chance of making it.

BTW: Does anyone know if Mundy has signed? I don't think he has yet, which seems a bit strange as there was an article ages ago talking about a year extension had been triggered by the amount of games he has played over his last contract. Could he be retiring before next season?

Last edited:
OP needs to update Ballantyne's status: http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2017-09-13/ballantyne-set-for-a-10th-season-at-freo

Also, here's the link to Spurr's two-year contract signing last year: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-22/dockers-resign-defender-lee-spurr-until-end-of-2018
And the link to Neale's three-year contract signing last year: http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2016-06-25/neale-agrees-to-threeyear-contract-extension

That leaves the only uncontracted/undelisted players as Crozier & Balic (both leaving), Taberner, Suban and Nyhuis.

Last edited:
OP needs to update Ballantyne's status: http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2017-09-13/ballantyne-set-for-a-10th-season-at-freo

Also, here's the link to Spurr's two-year contract signing last year: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-22/dockers-resign-defender-lee-spurr-until-end-of-2018
And the link to Neale's three-year contract signing last year: http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2016-06-25/neale-agrees-to-threeyear-contract-extension

That leaves the only uncontracted/undelisted players as Crozier & Balic (both leaving), Taberner, Suban and Nyhuis.

I am building the new superthread to track all of this in a (hopefully) easier to use way at the moment.

Is there any news on Mundy?

Last edited:
Is there any news on Mundy?
Heard he’ll retire if we get Hogan - salary cap. Otherwise he stays for another year because we need to pay somebody!

Seriously though, would like him to be in Peel for second half of year. Would be great for him to help the threepeat - presumably over his former WAFL club

Given he's an ex-captain and by far the most versatile of our over 30's, Mundy should play as long as we wants imo.
I can live with that. If he is good enough to be in our best 21 then fair enough. Now I said best 21. I am happy to stick with the best 21 for the 1st 2 weeks and rotate the 22nd pot for a 1st or 2nd year player.

If we go 0-2 like we did this year with some old heads, expect more young bloke to come in

Given he's an ex-captain and by far the most versatile of our over 30's, Mundy should play as long as we wants imo.
I put him in the Barlow category. Doesn’t matter where we play him, we have kids ready for their chance. Mundy across half back won’t work because he’s too slow. In the mid he’s still pretty good, but would rather Blakely, Weller, Langdon, Bennell, Tucker take that precious time. Mundy forward? We need to settle on our preferred front 6 for continuity.

Might not be popular, but thank you for your service David - you have nothing left to prove. Retire a champion and let the kids take the reins!

I can live with that. If he is good enough to be in our best 21 then fair enough. Now I said best 21. I am happy to stick with the best 21 for the 1st 2 weeks and rotate the 22nd pot for a 1st or 2nd year player.

If we go 0-2 like we did this year with some old heads, expect more young bloke to come in
Why we use the same old formula , play youngster in JLT if they are good enough play them in Rd 1 , two year playing old head losing Rd 1 and Rd 2 not enough want to try third time lucky stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back