Dustin Martin 2017 - Best Single Season For A Star Ever?

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Probably cos Martin didn’t deserve any votes. Coaches had 3 other guys better than him on the day and the HS had him outside the best 3 on the ground also.

Danger got the perfect 10 votes from the coaches and was BOG in all the media reports.
So ur trying to tell me that danger had as good a year as dusty? Is that what you are trying to say? That he deserved to win the brownlow? Is that what you are saying?

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
ablett 1993/1989, the year kouta dominated, carey 1996.

come on martins season wasnt close to these. if danger didnt get suspended and played in the gf this thread would be on danger.

Carey's 94 was even better than his 96.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
So ur trying to tell me that danger had as good a year as dusty? Is that what you are trying to say? That he deserved to win the brownlow? Is that what you are saying?
spent a third of the season playing lame with injury, missed a game from a dodgy suspension, was robbed in the last round of brownlow votes despite being clear best on ground so martin would win because of that suspension and still only fell 3 votes short. its safe to say danger is still the better player.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Probably cos Martin didn’t deserve any votes. Coaches had 3 other guys better than him on the day and the HS had him outside the best 3 on the ground also.

Danger got the perfect 10 votes from the coaches and was BOG in all the media reports.
Second game against Carlton though he was clearly BOG and only received one vote. Had DOUBLE the amount of metres gained than Cripps and had 10 score involvements as well as more possessions. So he still was 2 points better than Danger and with a new record 12 BOGs!

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
ablett 1993/1989, the year kouta dominated, carey 1996.

come on martins season wasnt close to these. if danger didnt get suspended and played in the gf this thread would be on danger.

But he didn't play in the grand final, because Geelong got smashed by the Tigers in the finals with Dusty being named BOG and Dangerfield playing his worst ever game with the Cats, going at ~30% efficiency for most of the game.

Psi-Roos

All Australian
Jul 6, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dusty is outstanding. Loved watching hm go around this year and obviously I paid attention with all the talk of him going to North. There were times this year where he just exerted his will and turned games for the Tiges and then his finals series was phenomenal.

Houli would have been a deserving winner of the Norm but with 21 contested possessions in a GF it was to hard to look past the tatted beast.

I imagine they are already preparing the Bronze for his future statue at Punt Rd.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
spent a third of the season playing lame with injury, missed a game from a dodgy suspension, was robbed in the last round of brownlow votes despite being clear best on ground so martin would win because of that suspension and still only fell 3 votes short. its safe to say danger is still the better player.
Are you forgetting the three finals that Dusty dominated? Coz that is all part of Dusty's season. If the roles and outcomes had been reversed then you might have a better argument re: Dangerfield this year.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
It's safe to say you're wrong.

Rance2Mewtwo

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
In terms of awards, yes.

In terms of pure stats, no.

Subjectively? For me, yes - he's a force of nature and his laser kicks to advantage are underrated.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Dusty's horse won a black type race at Flemington today. That puts him over the top.

winx-martin2-734x460.jpg

and Tuesday...

Nh7O9jA.jpg

Last edited:
Back