Podcast Podcast interview with Ricky Nixon

MightyTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I'd be fairly certain most of the people on here who just pot people all the time still live in their parents basement and work at safeway
Guaranteed give these basement dwellers a couple of lines and they'll change there tune. :D

MightyTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
The problem with Sniff, Sniff Nixon is how much can you believe?

Get Sniff, Sniff on the good stuff and you're likely to hear the same story told with vary degrees of accuracy. Call him up today and I bet that story changes.

Like I said, not sure why you'd bother giving a known liar & narcissist any publicity. People of his ilk are best left to wallow in their own s**t.

Not sure why we give your posts any airtime but alas, here we are.

boltsbabyblues

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Last year he was asking some of my friends for coke. Might of changed. Doubt it
never been out on the town and started hanging for some rack? you must live a miserable life............big deal. I have done the same and I can assure you it has no bearing on my character

just on the charity bit, apparently he has already raised over $1mill for cancer research already, assuming that number is close to accurate thats a great thing no matter what side of the fence you sit on with him.
Yes very impressive.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
never been out on the town and started hanging for some rack? you must live a miserable life............big deal. I have done the same and I can assure you it has no bearing on my character
Ever been photographed in your underwear with a teenage girl while married?

Because he has more knowledge of football and the inner workings of a football club and contracts etc then any one of us here ever would, after all this is a football forum, would you have known that he signed Carey on a $1M contract, but North couldn't afford that price in the cap, so instead he came up with a way to pay $600k inside the cap, registered a domain name for a couple bucks and sold it to North for $400k and gave the money to Carey? Wouldn't have thought so, whether you like him or not it's interesting to have some inside knowledge about contractual stuff.

He's spoken about that before (Hird & Lloyd too), it's good to see cheating the salary cap is something to brag about. His former clients might appreciate a little more silence.

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ever been photographed in your underwear with a teenage girl while married?
Mate he gives pond life a bad name...and all this s$&@ about its interesting because of his knowledge of the inner workings.. blah blah blah.. would you be saying that if he was with your teenage daughter? He's a deadset grub.

MightyTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
He's spoken about that before (Hird & Lloyd too), it's good to see cheating the salary cap is something to brag about. His former clients might appreciate a little more silence.
It was within the rules, the AFL still had to sign off on it. Interesting to hear yesterday Dangerfield speaking about his new fishing podcast, and then remembering how Toot Toot said he organised a televised/podcast deal for the likes of Hird/Carey etc which netted then hundreds and thousands, I wonder if Paddy is making a cent off of this new podcast of his as well.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Mate he gives pond life a bad name...and all this s$&@ about its interesting because of his knowledge of the inner workings.. blah blah blah.. would you be saying that if he was with your teenage daughter? He's a deadset grub.
Absolute grub. Ubderstand getting ****ed up and having a good time. Most of us do it. The dude has some really big issues because of it however. Plus hes a piece of s**t

ChrisHunt313131

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hope I don't regret posting this here, but I think it is definitely worth a listen.

I just had a interview with former player manager, Ricky Nixon. I know there was an AMA type of thread done on this board last year and people were getting stuck into him and HBK for even taking the time to talk to him.

I just want to say right off the top that after speaking to him for almost an hour I honestly get the feeling he is a changed person. Yes he made some mistakes (which he has admitted to), but I believe he is taking the right steps forward to get back on track.

He was honest, genuine and really easy to talk to (as you will hear).

Initially we wanted to speak to him mainly about the trade period, but we went a lot deeper than that.

In the interview we spoke about:
-His playing days
-How Flying Start come about
-How he handled the big name players
-What happened when he found out about the Wayne Carey incident
-What happened with our Tony Lockett trade
-Thoughts on Journos
-Chris Yarran saga
-Dustin Martin
-His darkest times and what got him through
-His online course on how to be a player manager
-The Footy Factory
-Myfootyagent
-Ben Cousins
-Trade talk

I know everyone will have their own opinions on him, but I hope people listen to this with an open mind.

Just had a listen - great work Michaels. Good interview regardless of if people are a Ricky Nixon fan or not..

theprospect

Club Legend
Saints Pledge Contributor
Sep 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Checking himself into rehab isn't a step ?
What has it done for him? He still abuses people on Facebook/Twitter and threatens them personally, constantly degrades people (especially women) and he is still in the habit of trying to hookup with underage girls. How has any progress been made do you think?

ChrisHunt313131

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A point I took out of the interview was that when Nixon was at his lowest point having made mistake after mistake Richo kept calling him to say hello & offer help/to take him out to lunch. Sounds like a top bloke Richo.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Funny that in one sentence he talks about joe daniher and Ben brown being the next big things in football and then 30 mins later talks about how the Dustin martins and ruck rover types not big forwards are where the game is headed. Train wreck.

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
What has it done for him? He still abuses people on Facebook/Twitter and threatens them personally, constantly degrades people (especially women) and he is still in the habit of trying to hookup with underage girls. How has any progress been made do you think?
Hopefully more people now understand what a knobjockey this scumbag really is.

VictorianCrow85

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Funny that in one sentence he talks about joe daniher and Ben brown being the next big things in football and then 30 mins later talks about how the Dustin martins and ruck rover types not big forwards are where the game is headed. Train wreck.
Make enough bold statements covering every possibility in one form or another and then you can alway claim to be right later on.

Back