Prediction Copeland Trophy and other awards 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

The Copeland Trophy Night, is a night of celebration.
Primarily to acknowledge players but amongst a wider Collingwood family.

A bit like a family wedding, or giant family celebration. Sometimes you don't like the wife's second cousin and other people there.

But it's not the place to start potting the family, finding faults, making guests uncomfortable (that's Xmas lunch :D half joking ofcourse).

I see the Copeland as similar. It's a fun night, celebration night.
There are plenty of other times for analysis, good or bad.

We are not perfect, we make errors, we sometimes even do things right, but we're still a Club. And it's ok to sometimes just enjoy a celebration of players and club.

Seems as though the live stream was unmetred through the pies site. Noticed there logo on the site but didnt think they'd be that nice. Cheers Telstra

It's a discussion forum! How have we managed to lose sight of that? Everyone is entitled to their view good bad or ugly and it sits poorly with me that LP's views are frowned on and this is let through to the keeper.

It is literally taking a swipe at a broad section of people for expressing an opposing view. It's not isolated that this crap is allowed. It added nothing to the discussion on the Copeland other than for someone to vent at people.

I was also referring to the club not AD that just happened to be the last post in LP's chain. As you can probably tell I don't think the board is overmoderated in the slightest.

Edit: we have a grudges thread that those sorts of views should be going in yet it's lasted 10 hours and 3 mods have posted in here in that time. I bet if it was someone was potting people for being positive it's a very different narrative.
Stop making sense, Scodog10 - how personal insults are ok when discussing facts on a matter, despite whatever viewpoint you take, is absurd.

Stop making sense, Scodog10 - how personal insults are ok when discussing facts on a matter, despite whatever viewpoint you take, is absurd.

Mate so long as you pot the collective and not the individual it's all good that's the clear message here...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great result for Steele. Deserved winner and consistent elite performer over the past 5 years.

Not quite sure why he maligned by some, and reading the trade board so often thrown up as trade bait.

He's a keeper for mine.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why would we trade out Sidey, I'm with you on that. He'll be pretty handy spending more time up forward too in later years.

The Copeland Trophy Night, is a night of celebration.
Primarily to acknowledge players but amongst a wider Collingwood family.

A bit like a family wedding, or giant family celebration. Sometimes you don't like the wife's second cousin and other people there.

But it's not the place to start potting the family, finding faults, making guests uncomfortable (that's Xmas lunch :D half joking ofcourse).

I see the Copeland as similar. It's a fun night, celebration night.
There are plenty of other times for analysis, good or bad.

We are not perfect, we make errors, we sometimes even do things right, but we're still a Club. And it's ok to sometimes just enjoy a celebration of players and club.
Well said, It's also the start of what's to come, wrap up the old and start looking to 2018.

There seems to be a genuine feeling of underachievement and that they want more from themselves and the team as a unit. It's good to reflect and then transition into the new year. Time to come together and support 2018 and renewed hope.

One thing I took out of Treloar's speech last night was that he'd had a tough time off the field this year. Going by his instagram I'd have to assume he broke up with his fiance (?) at some stage throughout the year.

Whilst that could be wrong, and I hope it is, that would've definitely had an impact on his mental health. Look forward to seeing him back up in the top 5 in the Brownlow again next year!

Mate so long as you pot the collective and not the individual it's all good that's the clear message here...
I like the distinction between potting the collective vs potting players or other posters. It's the collective which hasn't delivered over the past years - they may have turned the corner, no hard evidence of that yet... but even those of us who have been critical of the collective over the past few years still hope that we will improve noticeably next year. This board should be interesting next year:

Group 1 - "Critics" - if we show solid improvement, critics will need to say - yep, looks like you (the collective) now have it together, we're consistently competitive, big tick, love youse all again etc etc. If no improvement, critics will arc up big time

Group 2 - "Buckley, Ed have been right all along" - if we show solid improvement, they're going to be on fire here. If no improvement, they will be tested (and testy) here

Group 3 "love Buckley, hate Ed" - could say anything at any time

Group 4 "love Ed, hate Buckley" - ditto

Others - who knows?

I like the distinction between potting the collective vs potting players or other posters. It's the collective which hasn't delivered over the past years - they may have turned the corner, no hard evidence of that yet... but even those of us who have been critical of the collective over the past few years still hope that we will improve noticeably next year. This board should be interesting next year:

Group 1 - "Critics" - if we show solid improvement, critics will need to say - yep, looks like you (the collective) now have it together, we're consistently competitive, big tick, love youse all again etc etc. If no improvement, critics will arc up big time

Group 2 - "Buckley, Ed have been right all along" - if we show solid improvement, they're going to be on fire here. If no improvement, they will be tested (and testy) here

Others - who knows?

Mate I'd love to go into it because these discussions can add value, IMO, but this isn't the thread for it and the mods have made it loud and clear that talk about the general direction is not acceptable unless it's positive.

Perhaps we take it to the Buckley thread? Because I think there's some value in having it in some form there.

Others - who knows?
There is no need to categorise posters in this way. People can actually just change their mind.

There is no need to categorise posters in this way. People can actually just change their mind.
Nothing in my post precluded people changing their mind.
Talking of categorising posters - perhaps you should not have previously categorised a poster a "misogynist" in another thread.
PS - my post wasn't meant to be a universal truth - none of my posts are mean't to be taken THAT seriously. I am not trying to write a business analysis that will determine a company's future share value...

Last edited:
One thing I took out of Treloar's speech last night was that he'd had a tough time off the field this year. Going by his instagram I'd have to assume he broke up with his fiance (?) at some stage throughout the year.

Whilst that could be wrong, and I hope it is, that would've definitely had an impact on his mental health. Look forward to seeing him back up in the top 5 in the Brownlow again next year!
Yep split up with his fiance after nearly 10 years together.childhood sweetheart I believe. now in the arms of kim ravallion from the netball team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back