Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lever was reportedly happy to look at staying on but AFC's initial offer put them off and opened the door for Vic clubs to attack. He's getting paid far too much to transfer but that's the game.

McGovern signed on for 3yrs.

If Sloane wants to return with his wife then they'll be hurting but clubs have to learn to make the best out of these situations and build again. It hasn't hurt on most departures.

We need to brace ourselves for the big money offers as our players grow.

If a player left us after only 3 years on the list and we wanted to keep him I imagine that we would get shitty as well, because he can play and is only chasing $$$$$$ I hope the DEES miss out on him or get taken to the cleaners by ADE (goes without saying of course) myself. Not that I love the crows but he is being a mercenary bugger!!!

If we were stupid enough to offer them 300k why is it the players fault? Low balled for sure and should be free to explore options!

You've seen what happens when we offered tuohy and betts average offers

But yet you post?

There are pages of rubbish and complete fabrication of "potential" trade scenario's on this forum. Why take a pot at any poster for saying anything. I wish I had some inside info to share but the best I got is a few photo's and a crap training report from the Gold Coast pre Season training camp for the last two years. (while it lasts) (please come back this year).
HD created some interest and if SOS lands a "big name" this year HD will claim it in his post rumour come reality post thready thing. I'm just happy to read some s**t about Carlton and as long as we land Kennedy and keep Gibbs. Pretty OK!
My point was in relation to the other person's post defending happy dude, stating that he has put his business on the line, when in fact he hadn't as he didn't say anything to put his business on the line as he mentioned no names nor what he does.

If Happy dude just said this player is possibly coming to the blues, with out saying how he knows, no one would be the wiser. But I understand now that he can't say who, because now we know how he knows.

Rubbish, he wants to come back to Vic. You try and be a Melbourne lad and then go and live in Adelaide! If they are willling do throw that much money as well, then that's the bonus.

I like this board as a whole but * me I am sick and ******* tired of all these posts that backhand rip on the city of Adelaide itself

You live in Melbourne. Great city. Yay. So is Adelaide - Get over yourselves and your *ing superiority complex

(Fwiw this post is far from the worst of them - just had enough of it and I dare say I'm not the only one. )

Lever was reportedly happy to look at staying on but AFC's initial offer put them off and opened the door for Vic clubs to attack. He's getting paid far too much to transfer but that's the game.

McGovern signed on for 3yrs.

If Sloane wants to return with his wife then they'll be hurting but clubs have to learn to make the best out of these situations and build again. It hasn't hurt on most departures.

We need to brace ourselves for the big money offers as our players grow.

Yep agree.. the offended here will be huge if/once one of our WA kids decides to go home!!

I like this board as a whole but **** me I am sick and ******* tired of all these posts that backhand rip on the city of Adelaide itself

You live in Melbourne. Great city. Yay. So is Adelaide - Get over yourselves and your ruddy superiority complex

(Fwiw this post is far from the worst of them - just had enough of it and I dare say I'm not the only one. )
I really like the city of Adelaide. Great restaurants, the zoo has goddamn pandas, it's pretty and the Adelaide Oval is tip top.

The water tastes gross but ;)

If we were stupid enough to offer them 300k why is it the players fault? Low balled for sure and should be free to explore options!

You've seen what happens when we offered tuohy and betts average offers

I don't understand how Adelaide posters don't get this.
I was put into a similar position in my industry where I was lowballed by my employer and when I checked the offers around me I was shocked at the difference others were prepared to pay.
Did I resent my employer for undervalueing me: Yes.
Did I stick around for the love: No.

I cannot understand how he can be judged for wanting to get paid. 9/10 in his position would do the same thing and there is nothing wrong with that, the only difference been there is a national audience watching it play out. Football (like any job) can be taken off him in an instant and he has every right (like you or I do) to do what's in the best interests of himself and taking care of his needs.

Same with our players, same with all players. Put the tribal emotions aside. Football is business. Players don't have full time jobs seperate and don't play for the love of the game. End broken rose coloured glasses rant.

Salty Adelaide supporters need to stop been so salty and grow up. With so many players leaving they need to look at their own backyard, maybe it's not a great place to be afc. How many Sydney players have left in recent years?
#aflhippo-crites

I think the actual club is ok, they just don't want to pay their players properly.
No one wants their captain abusing you down the phone or being banned from the B&F dis the same to Gunston apparently,

Well the 2015 version of Stringer anyway. But do we want that kind of person at the footy club?

That 'kind of person' didn't seem to get in the way of the Dogs winning a flag.

But I think you're right because we're not the Dogs. I could see his arrogance really clashing with Bolton.

Another (imo even bigger) problem with him is the family/personal problems since the flag win that he seems to have brought upon himself and the baggage that comes with it.

We've dodged a bullet here I reckon.

My point was in relation to the other person's post defending happy dude, stating that he has put his business on the line, when in fact he hadn't as he didn't say anything to put his business on the line as he mentioned no names nor what he does.

If Happy dude just said this player is possibly coming to the blues, with out saying how he knows, no one would be the wiser. But I understand now that he can't say who, because now we know how he knows.

Can say a state or at a stretch a club though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand how Adelaide posters don't get this.
I was put into a similar position in my industry where I was lowballed by my employer and when I checked the offers around me I was shocked at the difference others were prepared to pay.
Did I resent my employer for undervalueing me: Yes.
Did I stick around for the love: No.

I cannot understand how he can be judged for wanting to get paid. 9/10 in his position would do the same thing and there is nothing wrong with that, the only difference been there is a national audience watching it play out. Football (like any job) can be taken off him in an instant and he has every right (like you or I do) to do what's in the best interests of himself and taking care of his needs.

Same with our players, same with all players. Put the tribal emotions aside. Football is business. Players don't have full time jobs seperate and don't play for the love of the game. End broken rose coloured glasses rant.

Salty Adelaide supporters need to stop been so salty and grow up. With so many players leaving they need to look at their own backyard, maybe it's not a great place to be afc. How many Sydney players have left in recent years?
#aflhippo-crites

For sure

I like this board as a whole but **** me I am sick and ******* tired of all these posts that backhand rip on the city of Adelaide itself

You live in Melbourne. Great city. Yay. So is Adelaide - Get over yourselves and your ruddy superiority complex

I like Coopers red and Adelaide oval...loved Coober Pedy!!

The Lever trade looks like stretching out and I hope we aren't waiting on it.

Melbourne has a good comeback against Adelaide's demands of 2 first round picks: not in the top 10 in the b&f, and Adelaide were only offering peanuts to Leve.

I really like the city of Adelaide. Great restaurants, the zoo has goddamn pandas, it's pretty and the Adelaide Oval is tip top.

Good calls & good, close wine regions too, just a pity you can't be on the drink all the time as an AFL player.

Could there a market for water there? What if we placed water in some type of a receptacle and sold it? Receptacled Water.

Subject to scheduling with our good friends at the AFL, I'll be back to Adelaide next year again. Just happened to be a shocking night for football this year vs PTA.

Edit: Are the fixtures out at the end of this month usually?

This. Adelaide zoo is worth the price of admission alone to see Wang Wang & Fu Ni.
The Adelaide market is just fantastic.
You're mere minutes from McLaren Vale. Top vino and sea views. Heaven.
Speaking of the sea, gorgeous beaches near Adelaide. Sellicks Beach rocks. 40 or so minutes from Adelaide and you can drive on the beach (no 4WD needed). Til midnight during the summer months.
Adelaide may not be sexy town with a 'fully sick' nightlife for young AFL players, but it definitely has its pluses.
And remember, when in SA - Stop Creeping ;)

Our Rumour Providers have gone cold.
Maybe SOS is trying to find players to come to Carlton. Cause the ones touted seemed keen to go elsewhere, which is what was realistically always going to happen. It's just that every year us fans get a bit irrational.

Is Kennedy it then?

Gibbs, FFS are u staying or buggering off? (do get the feeling the Gibbs stuff is maybe being played out away from the media this time around, if it's being played out at all).

Subject to scheduling with our good friends at the AFL, I'll be back to Adelaide next year again. Just happened to be a shocking night for football this year vs PTA.

Edit: Are the fixtures out at the end of this month usually?
Fixture comes out towards the end of October. Careful planning by the AFL, trade period first then fixture followed by the draft. Publicity for most of the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back