Motlop --- good choice/fit for the Crows? (chooses Port)

Do you want AFC to do their best to get Motlop?

• Yes

Votes: 133 50.4%
  • No

Votes: 55 20.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 76 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow how fussy is everyone here? If Motlop nominates us then that’s a huge start.

I think he would work well at half forward with Lynch.

Don’t need a team of A graders. Yes he goes missing but so does 90% of our team at times. Motlop is an upgrade on Cameron but downgrade in terms of age.

He is not an upgrade on Camerons, do you even watch football?

Motlop won me over in his prelim match against the crows. In a good environment he can be a lot more consistent. Needs to get fitter but i think he would add pace to our team that is needed without smith and cc.
Motlop won me over/completely shat me off, when he belted us all by himself last season at AO.

I don't really believe the report. This has Port chest beating all over it. Korns says crows have put a mammoth deal in front of motflop... only for motflop to choose port. A whole summer of motlop & polec choosing port references regarding our termultuous club culture. I can see it now

Formerly known as Turnover_Thommo
this is a distinct possibility. Not us getting Motlop, but Kornes setting up his dick measuring contest.

I don't really believe the report. This has Port chest beating all over it. Korns says crows have put a mammoth deal in front of motflop... only for motflop to choose port. A whole summer of motlop & polec choosing port references regarding our termultuous club culture. I can see it now

Formerly known as Turnover_Thommo
Oh, and also I don’t believe the report either. Since when have we offerered money that blows another club out of the water as has been reported? This has Kornes’ and Rucci’s MO fingerprints all over it.

Any source on this not named Kane Cornes? If he's the only one reporting we have a massive offer, my guess is it was fed to him by someone at Port to make it look better when Motlop signs there. Sort of like how Gold Coast suddenly wanted Hinkley when Port's fanbase seemed to be souring on him after that elimination final.

As far as how he'd fit, I'm not sure what he brings that Milera doesn't, apart from experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is not an upgrade on Camerons, do you even watch football?
Cmon mate. Up until he discovered McDonalds last year Motlop was a gun player in a premiership side. He has achieved 50 times more than Cameron at this stage and his best footy is much better than Charlie's.
my issue is wether he gets fit enough to ever play his best again. Because if he does, and we get him, then we are getting the steal of this trade period.

On a separate note I find it fascinating that when a player decides to leave AFC we get 300 pages of people spouting about how terrible our culture is, but when a great players looks like coming here we get 3 pages of "meh.."

Cmon mate. Up until he discovered McDonalds last year Motlop was a gun player in a premiership side. He has achieved 50 times more than Cameron at this stage and his best footy is much better than Charlie's.
my issue is wether he gets fit enough to ever play his best again. Because if he does, and we get him, then we are getting the steal of this trade period.
His best is very good, no doubt about that, and while somewhat inconsistent, he is more consistent than Cameron. A new start may at a new quality club may see Motlop improve that consistency.

Any source on this not named Kane Cornes? If he's the only one reporting we have a massive offer, my guess is it was fed to him by someone at Port to make it look better when Motlop signs there. Sort of like how Gold Coast suddenly wanted Hinkley when Port's fanbase seemed to be souring on him after that elimination final.

As far as how he'd fit, I'm not sure what he brings that Milera doesn't, apart from experience.

Ha ha ha it's no surprise at all that so many different posters have picked this, even without being influenced by other similar posts. How can fools like Kornes think nobody notices how pathetic his MO is?

His team has achieved, that doesn't change his evaluation as an individual player.

He has NEVER worked defensively and therefore is not an upgrade to Cameron for us because that is what we need Cameron for.

We have more than enough offensive weapons that don't work defensively thanks.

We dont need yet another soft player.
Just had a look at Geelong's B & F. Motlop did not finish Top 10 = not highly rated by their coaches, which is troubling. Btw, neither was Leaver.
Motlop ==> Crows depends what we're prepared to pay?
If Port are behind the Motlop story anyway then it doesn't matter.

I find it odd that we might have to pay motlop in the order of $600k + to land him as a free agent, yet we were reluctant to pay a guy who was on our list that coin from the start who we drafted knowing he missed the year with a knee recon and has become the best young defender in the league..this one does not sit well
Would it be 600K? Sounds rich for a non-top-10 player.
Doesn't matter re Lever, who clearly doesn't want to play for the Crows within their salary range. Tex is reported to be furious, maybe because he took a cut to encourage players like Lever to stay, and to help pay for it?

Ideally we would cut Otten and pay the snake his 800k
Not within the realm of possibility.
Lever's accepted a reported 850K/year, which would have made him our highest-paid player, even at 750K.
He's not our best player, not worth it --- his heart is a piggy bank. :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back