Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

10 - Frang.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Injury Status: n/a

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 29, Mr Bultitude

Last edited by a moderator:

Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
If Adelaide consider him an afterthought in the pursuit of Gibbs, fine. Port also don't have much in the way of picks. Ok.

Given the situation, and considering he had signed an extensIon, I don't see why a trade must be facilitated at any cost.

I'd hope the club risk his value dropping a round in the next 12 months in order to see if this whole thing can be turned around.

Yes I believe you are in agreement with Mr Package.

Would prefer a good inside midfielder but there are none available so MR Package will do.

Not sure he is massively discontented. They have just said he is homesick and would prefer to go him if a deal could be made.

I said they haven't said he's massively discontented! :D

Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Dodoro's comments about Francis last week have pretty much indicated that we're going to have to get a bloody good offer to trade him and the way I see it not a lot has changed. The Francis camp haven't indicated he's massively discontented, the two Adelaide clubs haven't come out and massively thrown their hats in the ring (something that I think could be a huge wake up call for Az, given he's probably in the frame of mind that if Essendon doesn't work out I'll just go back to Adelaide and receive a heroes welcome) and Essendon still remain committed to him.

I highly doubt it's the first time something like this has happened, and to be perfectly honest I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay.

Not sure he is massively discontented. They have just said he is homesick and would prefer to go him if a deal could be made.

Yes I believe you are in agreement with Mr Package.

Would prefer a good inside midfielder but there are none available so MR Package will do.
I said they haven't said he's massively discontented! :D

Outstanding communication gentlemen. You have my backing for re-enacting who’s on first base :D

Outstanding communication gentlemen. You have my backing for re-enacting who’s on first base :D

This is what happens when men try to multitask ;) Well according to Mrs Ant it is so I am running with it.

Hahaha I wasn't entirely sure whether ant555 was being clever or entirely missed my point, either way I like it though. :D

Trying to be clever after failing one of the basics of a forum , reading :D

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
They can use the Charlie Cameron pick.
Sorry for intrusion, but think you're correct ......probably #18

Port don't have a first round pick & their next is #29 ......that won't get Francis

Bomber_Dan

Team Captain
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Sorry for intrusion, but think you're correct ......probably #18

Port don't have a first round pick & their next is #29 ......that won't get Francis
I would take 18 and run, don't think Adelaide would give that up. Hopefully we give him another preseason to get it all together both mentally and physically.

Crows would do well losing Lever+18 and gaining 10+27+Francis from Melbourne and Essendon imo

And still go to the draft with 10,16,27

That would still leave some picks to get Gibbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Crows would do well losing Lever+18 and gaining 10+27+Francis from Melbourne and Essendon imo

And still go to the draft with 10,16,27
We're trying to use 10+ to get into top 5 of the draft .......IMO the Essendon deal (if it happens at all?) will be a straight trade ......probably you need the pick to get all your new trades completed, whilst holding #11

CBombers17

Premium Platinum
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't want to see him go but the fact an obviously tallented South Australian actually wants to go home would be a very good look for the Crows (members) after the GF and loss of another good player to Victoria.

Guessing of course but this may be a bit more motivation for them to table something competitive.

Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
I'll defer to the people who actually watch juniors and VFL and talk about his talent, but he's obviously struggled to make the step up and a reasonable trade could be a win for all involved.

Why is that ......surely not req for Smith, Stringer? .....another 2017 #18? plus a 2nd 2018?

Not in a direct swap but I think the dogs will get it with something coming back to us.

Smith is uncontracted so GWS dont have that much leverage.

Saad could be a bit tricker but I think GC will eventually accept a 2nd rounder as the core trade. The suns might also possibly be interested in bird howlett or colyer for some depth as steak knives.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Not in a direct swap but I think the dogs will get it with something coming back to us.

Smith is uncontracted so GWS dont have that much leverage.

Saad could be a bit tricker but I think GC will eventually accept a 2nd rounder as the core trade. The suns might also possibly be interested in bird howlett or colyer for some depth as steak knives.

You think the Smith trade will get done first followed by Saad and then Stringer last

Oldfatslow

Rookie
Sep 12, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
I'll defer to the people who actually watch juniors and VFL and talk about his talent, but he's obviously struggled to make the step up and a reasonable trade could be a win for all involved.

Totally agree although he was a #6 draft pick he has shown bugger all . A few years ago we had a kid who was unfit and lazy ala Francis except he played 30 or so games and looked like something . Francis is jay neagle mark 2

bombreys

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Totally agree although he was a #6 draft pick he has shown bugger all . A few years ago we had a kid who was unfit and lazy ala Francis except he played 30 or so games and looked like something . Francis is jay neagle mark 2

Jesus H Christ. Jay Neagle Mk2?

People are grossly overstating the fitness thing here.

Our coaching department didn't think Josh Jenkins was ready either. Footy clubs get things wrong sometimes.

Back