2018 fixture requests

Remove this Banner Ad

For Geelong, you can lock in double-up matches against Gold Coast (Ablett factor) and Richmond. Well overdue to play the Tigers twice (last occurred in 2007) and they are the only other Vic-based club in the top 6. Probably Adelaide too as we've regularly doubled-up in recent years.

As for requests, please dump the Country Game against Essendon. Don't see the point.

- I hope we can play the Hawks at home next year. Hawks at the MCG has been just too painful in recent years.

- 2 Away games at Adelaide Oval because we seem to play better there than anywhere.

No Tassie, Darwin or Queensland games please

I would not be surprised if our double-ups are:

- Adelaide
- Geelong
- Port Adelaide
- Essendon
- Collingwood

I don't know how many times we go to AO twice, so I am not expecting us to go there once, hence why the double-ups against the two Adelaide teams rather than just the one away like this year.
In fact, last season was the first time that we didn't go there twice. We only had one fixture at AO in 2014, but ended up playing Port in the EF anyway.

x2-
Top 6: GWS
Middle 6: Port Adelaide, Hawthorn
Bottom 6: Carlton, Brisbane

Home games v Brisbane, Sydney, GWS, Adelaide, Melbourne, Hawthorn, Essendon and Collingwood.

Hobart games v Port Adelaide, Gold Coast and Carlton

Travel: WA x2, Port Adelaide x1, GWS x1, Brisbane x1, Geelong at KP (due)

1 Friday night game v Melbourne

Don't mind about Good Friday think all marquees should be rotated but if we retain then allocate Bulldogs as home team.

Non North Melbourne requests:

Abolish regular marque matches with qualification criteria.

Rnd 1 opener: Two losing prelim finalists. (GWS v Geelong)
Easter Monday: Best non-vic state derby. (Adelaide v Port Adelaide)
Good Friday: Best placed small vic team ala NM, WB, StK and Melb vs best placed big vic team. (Melbourne vs Richmond)
Anzac Eve/day: Best combination of 4 most improved teams (Eve: Port Adelaide v Melbourne. Day: Richmond v Essendon)
Dream time: 2 teams with most aboriginal players on lists
Queens birthday: Grand final replay

Every team to play at least 1 Friday night game.

Random:
St Kilda to play both Adelaide teams at home.
Sydney home v West Coast and away v Fremantle, Essendon and Collingwood
Western Bulldogs and Carlton to play twice for once.
Melbourne home game against Essendon.

Some of you guys need to polish up on the fixturing rules http://www.afl.com.au/fixture/fixture-explained

Annoyed we missed 13th :D
If the Hawks get the 7-12 fixture I'd be gobsmacked

From the top 6 it's a given it will be Sydney and Geelong and from the bottom we will play the lions twice for the hodge factor. I expect far more Sunday twilight games and similar to this year our home games will be against GWS, GC and other interstate teams and the regulation home game at Etihad will be against one of their tenants

This of course will not resemble anything like what the Hawks will request

Last edited:
Port @ Adelaide oval.
Brisbane @ the gabba.
A much needed 8pts away from home right there ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Annoyed we missed 13th :D
If the Hawks get the 7-12 fixture I'd be gobsmacked

From the top 6 it's a given it will be Sydney and Geelong and from the bottom we will play the lions twice for the hodge factor. I expect far more Sunday twilight games and similar to this year our home games will be against GWS, GC and other interstate teams and the regulation home game at Etihad will be against one of their tenants

This of course will not resemble anything like what the Hawks will request

Reckon the Hawks do alright with the fixture

Most years get 7 MCG / 4 Launceston home games plus Easter Monday , what more do you want ??

Queens birthday: Grand final replay

This is an unrealistic request because the Queen's Birthday Public Holiday isn't a National Public Holiday. What a farce would it be if West Coast or Fremantle played on a Monday while all of Western Australia was working?

You won't play any at PP. AFL has a hard enough time fulfilling its contractual obligations without Geelong, let alone another club playing away from Etihad.

I know , it was more wishful thinking !!

Not sure the Etihad contract exists anymore when the AFL bought the stadium !!

Reckon the Hawks do alright with the fixture

Most years get 7 MCG / 4 Launceston home games plus Easter Monday , what more do you want ??

Did I complain about Playing at the mcg - no I did not

Did I mention the number of 6 day breaks - no

Did I mention anything about six interstate games - no

It would just be nice for a change to have some home games at the G against teams like the bombers and
Blues rather than at Etihad but I also understand why that doesn't happen

This is an unrealistic request because the Queen's Birthday Public Holiday isn't a National Public Holiday. What a farce would it be if West Coast or Fremantle played on a Monday while all of Western Australia was working?
Makes sense. Therefore I'd switch the criteria for Good Friday and Queens Birthday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back