Why can't Adelaide retain players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How have they imploded? Two guys leaving (Lever and Cameron) who many already expected would be leaving.

Is there something that's happened in the past week that was unexpected?
Maybe not the club, but the vitriol flying about on the Adelaide board is unprecedented. There's an entire thread dedicated to hanging s**t on Lever and rewriting history. You've got to ask where does this come from? Well, the club telling Lever he wasn't welcome at the B&F was a good starting point. So childish and hypocritical

icrow32

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Maybe not the club, but the vitriol flying about on the Adelaide board is unprecedented. There's an entire thread dedicated to hanging s**t on Lever and rewriting history. You've got to ask where does this come from? Well, the club telling Lever he wasn't welcome at the B&F was a good starting point. So childish and hypocritical

How so? If I turned up to work tomorrow and told them I am going to a rival and will no longer be turning up, I won't be invited to the annual staff party next week

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Plenty of people being critical here who have probably never travelled more than a few suburbs from home or even out of the city that they live in because they have access to everything they need.

I like moving around and have from state to state, city to city, but it's not for everyone.

I still consider Geelong my home even though there's nothing to really keep me there anymore and the fact that I've only lived there for 7 years out of the last 28. I've lived back there twice since 1989, first for 3 years and then more recently for 4 years, it's comfortable but then I get itchy feet and can't wait to get on the move again.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
How so? If I turned up to work tomorrow and told them I am going to a rival and will no longer be turning up, I won't be invited to the annual staff party next week

While that's true, it's really only Adelaide that I can think in recent times who it has been publicly reported have told players they're not welcome at the b&f.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
While that's true, it's really only Adelaide that I can think in recent times who it has been publicly reported have told players they're not welcome at the b&f.

multiple players were told not welcome? Like who?

Am still waiting for proof that Adelaide told him he wasn't welcome

also no one is up in arms that Trengove didn't go to Port's B&F and Stringer didn't go to Western Bulldogs B&F

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts

The Adelaide board going into melt is the club imploding, heres a tip, if I've learnt anything since frequenting this joint its that each clubs fans think they have some level of relevance to the ongoing happenings inside the inner sanctum.
Guess what, they dont, they're just a bunch of people who think they have all the answers and take themselves too seriously.

When you live in this place, which some obviously do judging by the length of time since their joining and the number of posts they've racked up in that time, you start to believe your own bullshit.
There's plenty of clubs in a worse position than Adelaide, yours one of them, mine another. Hanging on to the glory of a decade ago means * all going forward, what's happened in the past is for the history books, unless your a Hawthorn fan obviously being the greatest team ever.
All people really care about is who will win the next one and i'd say Adelaide have a better chance than your mob so I wouldn't go flinging s**t at anyone else.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Maybe not the club, but the vitriol flying about on the Adelaide board is unprecedented

It's not even unprecedented mate

it's happened before when players have dogged the club

Adelaide's board is probably more sensitive to these kind of things than most others - we've been burnt so often in recent history

Geelong board would have been interesting had bigfooty been around when Leigh Colbert was in his prime

Hmm depends who you work for. My company often has ex employees at the Christmas party or other gatherings who are still working in the same field. Sometimes there are better opportunities out there for people, why hold it against them?

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
When you lip off about being a 'premiership player' & duly choke when that chance arises you will generally cop it!

I know he deserves to cop s**t for that stuff he said in the media. He's probably now my least favourite Crows player as a result. It's mostly people trying to use one bad game to smear his entire career that I think is bullshit. He kicked over 100 goals in the last two seasons. He is not actually a bad player, just an idiot.

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
This is an interesting one, I have always wondered it myself. Forever letting my Crows' supporting brother know about it and he just shrugs his shoulders. Hard to put my finger on it, but I don't think it has anything to do with the city. No one in their right mind would put Manchester in the top 20 places they would like to live but you don't see players wanting to leave Manchester United, except for Ronaldo and Da Gea, and only then, because Real Madrid threw so much money at them they could not resist, albeit Da Gea is still at United because RM botched the transfer. Adelaide is only an hour's flight from Melbourne so it's not like the Crows' players are a million miles from nowhere. As much as the Port Adelaide inside of me would like to bang on about plastic culture etc etc, I think it's just a case of circumstances for each of the high profile players who have requested a trade away from them, except maybe Tippett, not sure what his motive was.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Oh cry me a ******* river, he was rewarded well for leaving mummy behind, how do you think fifo miners cope with being away from home, away from their kids etc. they cant just jump on a plane after training and see mummy, or have mummy come over to see them.
Weak as piss this next generation, no wonder they all top themselves when the going gets tough.
And before you take exception to that last comment, I have teenage daughter who's had counselling because she's part of the self entitled generation who melt when the world as they perceive it doesn't live up to their expectations.
Disgraceful post

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Have seen it happen in a previous workplace where after giving notice to management they got told to clean out their desk immediately and were consequently marched to the elevator! Some partings, and a lot depends upon the circumstances, can leave a nasty taste in the mouth for all parties concerned!

A fair few are out of contract at the end of next year.
Not sure how they fit them all in.
Unless they continue to pay them peanuts.
IMG_0162.PNG

BTs Nana

All Australian
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seems they treat players like s**t, make an insulting offer to Lever then ban him from their BnF.

Bloke thinks he should be highest paid when he isn't even top 10 in our team.

Enjoy that character in the rooms. Bloke has put a shitload of pressure on himself to perform and the rumours swirling already that there are Dees not happy with him already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back