Analysis 2017 B&F Analysis - Votes Per Game (+ More)

Remove this Banner Ad

Want to know about the B&F and how the coaches rated players? Look no further.

Mean Votes Per Game: 7.47
Mean Standard Deviation: 4.33

Votes Per Game:
crVZsyM.jpg

Consistency (Variance)
HthWH6T.jpg

Votes Per Game in Wins Only
HzZ80z2.jpg

Votes Per Game in Losses/Draws
nWQdZtG.jpg

Difference Between Wins and Losses
BazqC4U.jpg

Please note there are some minor errors here as I didn't 100% accurately copy the data from the AFC's post. The discrepancy is a few votes for about 4 players

Last edited:

Want to know about the B&F and how the coaches rated players? Look no further.

Mean Votes Per Game: 7.47
Mean Standard Deviation: 4.33

Votes Per Game:
crVZsyM.jpg

Consistency (Variance)
HthWH6T.jpg

Votes Per Game in Wins Only
HzZ80z2.jpg

Votes Per Game in Losses/Draws
nWQdZtG.jpg

Difference Between Wins and Losses
BazqC4U.jpg

Please note there are some minor errors here as I didn't 100% accurately copy the data from the AFC's post. The discrepancy is a few votes for about 4 players

Granted I have been drinking but all those tables made me pass out and choke on my own vomit

The definitive answer to who are our big game players.

Spoiler alert: it's not good news for the usual suspects (Jenkins, Atkins, Mackay).

On average, players gain 1.29 more votes per game when playing against top 8 teams.

Players who play better in big games
NvN1zve.jpg

Ranking of best players in games against the top 8 (inc. finals)
jAphfKs.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to add that votes would be miscued for players with injuries in-game as well as after returning from long-term injuries a la Hartigan or Seedsman. Talia, Walker, and Sloane played with some injuries with at least a couple of games I can remember.

I would like to add that votes would be miscued for players with injuries in-game as well as after returning from long-term injuries a la Hartigan or Seedsman. Talia, Walker, and Sloane played with some injuries with at least a couple of games I can remember.

Every player plays with injury, some cope better than others

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was referring to injuries with significant reduction to their respective typical time-on-ground percentage.
Talia v GC would severely skew his numbers as basically that should be counted as a non played game.

Assuming he polled 0 that game as he basically had no game time that would take him up to 7.1 votes per game and sitting in 12th so that really does make a huge difference if your using those numbers to see how the coaches rated his year.

All players do have games affected by injury, but not many have games completely wiped out like that.

Some absolute flat track bullies in there - no surprise as to who.
Not really:
  • Only 5 players who averaged more votes against the bottom-10 teams.
  • Lever is the only one who averages more than 1 vote per game more against the bottom teams.
  • Sloane is the standout as the one player who performed significantly better against the top-8 than he did against the other teams.
  • Most players are within +/- 1 vote difference, between top-8 and bottom-10, indicating that they performed at roughly the same level no matter what the quality of the opposition was like.
I'd also note that Seedsman only played 1 of his 5 games against a bottom-10 team. That's not really a statistically significant sample size for inclusion in the tables Scorpus has provided.

Not really:
  • Only 5 players who averaged more votes against the bottom-10 teams.
  • Lever is the only one who averages more than 1 vote per game more against the bottom teams.
  • Sloane is the standout as the one player who performed significantly better against the top-8 than he did against the other teams.
  • Most players are within +/- 1 vote difference, between top-8 and bottom-10, indicating that they performed at roughly the same level no matter what the quality of the opposition was like.
I'd also note that Seedsman only played 1 of his 5 games against a bottom-10 team. That's not really a statistically significant sample size for inclusion in the tables Scorpus has provided.

I think it's important to note that on average, every player gained 1 VPG when they played a top 8 team relative to a bottom 10 team. So when a player is flat between top 8 and bottom 10, that's a below average performance

I think it's important to note that on average, every player gained 1 VPG when they played a top 8 team relative to a bottom 10 team. So when a player is flat between top 8 and bottom 10, that's a below average performance
I think it's more indicative of the coaches giving out more votes in "big" games.

Pretty poor result for Hampton. General consensus was that he was going ok but coaches clearly didn't rate him. Best game was 10 votes then nothing over 4 and 3 straight donuts to end his season. Delist material if he doesn't pick it up next year (and steer clear of injuries which he has not been able to do thus far unfortunately).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back