News Update: Charles Cameron traded to Brisbane for Pick 12

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Charlie can't kick.

Any decent pick for him is a win.

There were plenty of times this year when I didn't even want him to play.
He had a great prelim. Most of the year pretty s**t. Id back us in to get a star with pick 12 or 18 but im hesitant given Doedee, Milera and Galluci yet to really show enough to date.

Kerleys Ghost

Club Legend
May 23, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
He had a great prelim. Most of the year pretty s**t. Id back us in to get a star with pick 12 or 18 but im hesitant given Doedee, Milera and Galluci yet to really show enough to date.

Now is probably the time to be trading out picks for players if we are any shot at pinching a flag.

And I normally don't agree with teams doing that.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Now is probably the time to be trading out picks for players if we are any shot at pinching a flag.

And I normally don't agree with teams doing that.
For sure but if Cameron gets us a first rounder, we use his salary and a bit we had spare for Lever to get Motlop and use the Cameron pick to trade in someone like Francis to replace Lever Id call that a win.

Kerleys Ghost

Club Legend
May 23, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
For sure but if Cameron gets us a first rounder, we use his salary and a bit we had spare for Lever to get Motlop and use the Cameron pick to trade in someone like Francis to replace Lever Id call that a win.

I'd take it, but Essendon are impossible to deal with.

Francis will stay there I think. Or Port might pay overs.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd take it, but Essendon are impossible to deal with.

Francis will stay there I think. Or Port might pay overs.

Our only chance with Francis is that Essendon have their hand forced due to all the players that have nominated them as their #1 choice. Essendon would have likely expected to lose at least one of those races and might not have the trade currency now it seems they've all said yes.

Feb 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think Charlie is one of the genuine " want to go home to family" players so hopefully we will facilitate that
After all, you wouldn't go to Brisbane to be part of a winning culture in the next 5 years
I dont mind if players are genuine in being homesick ( although this seems to be an AFL player problem not the normal person who moves states and countries for their career) but you then say I'm happy to be traded to any club so you get the best compensation for me, not I'll go in pre-season draft if I don't get to the club of my choice...thats leaving purely for money with no respect for teammates or club

BigHippy

Senior List
Aug 23, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think most people recognise this one will get done for pick 18 or 19, but I've seen a few media types mention pick 12.
Genuine question, does anyone believe that if things were reversed (Brisbane had Cameron, Adelaide had picks 12, 18, and 19) that Brisbane wouldn't get laughed at by the media for even suggesting 12? Just can't help but feel that would be the case.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I think most people recognise this one will get done for pick 18 or 19, but I've seen a few media types mention pick 12.
Genuine question, does anyone believe that if things were reversed (Brisbane had Cameron, Adelaide had picks 12, 18, and 19) that Brisbane wouldn't get laughed at by the media for even suggesting 12? Just can't help but feel that would be the case.
A bit like 2 X 1st for Gibbs.

Was rightly laughed at by all but Carlton fans and SOS.

Kerleys Ghost

Club Legend
May 23, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

We aren't Brisbane.

You'll give us pick 12 and you'll like it.

rezagun

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
We have positioned ourselves nicely with the cameron situation. We have come out publicly and said he is staying for his remaining year. Cc's manager has also said brisbane will have good currency draft pick wise and has tried to put the heat on them.
All of it is left upto brisbane. How much do they want him. We sit back and wont entertain anything less than a mid teens draft pick. And why should we. The kid just dominated a prelim final and is an excitement machine.

BigHippy

Senior List
Aug 23, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A bit like 2 X 1st for Gibbs.

Was rightly laughed at by all but Carlton fans and SOS.

Yeah. I'm talking more about how the media portrays things though. Stuff like how the Crows throw a tantrum over Lever and it's "Ew Crows have some respect" but the Pies throw a tantrum over Beams and it's "Gotta stand firm, good on 'em". Plenty of examples out there, and that may not be the best one, but whatever. I can't help but feel Brisbane wanting 12 for Cameron would be "LOL Brisbane, good luck" whilst the Crows wanting 12 is "fair enough" to some media folk.

We aren't Brisbane.

You'll give us pick 12 and you'll like it.

Well, actually, you'll give us Cameron for 18 or 19. You may or may not like it.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Yeah. I'm talking more about how the media portrays things though. Stuff like how the Crows throw a tantrum over Lever and it's "Ew Crows have some respect" but the Pies throw a tantrum over Beams and it's "Gotta stand firm, good on 'em". Plenty of examples out there, and that may not be the best one, but whatever. I can't help but feel Brisbane wanting 12 for Cameron would be "LOL Brisbane, good luck" whilst the Crows wanting 12 is "fair enough" to some media folk.

Well, actually, you'll give us Cameron for 18 or 19. You may or may not like it.
If Cameron was on a Melbourne team you'd probably get whacked for it (like with Beams). With us they probably wouldn't care.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

LOL there is never 'fair enough' coming from the media...particularly in our Port-infested-SA-media, when it comes to the Crows. The Vic media can GAGF and then eat s**t and die, and the SA media can do the same.

BigHippy

Senior List
Aug 23, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If Cameron was on a Melbourne team you'd probably get whacked for it (like with Beams). With us they probably wouldn't care.
It's worse with Vic-based sides, absolutely. I think Adelaide > Brisbane in the "who do the media favour in this story" stakes though (pretty much everyone > Brisbane in those stakes, bar maybe GC and GWS). Obviously I don't see much of the SA-based media.

LOL there is never 'fair enough' coming from the media...particularly in our Port-infested-SA-media, when it comes to the Crows. The Vic media can GAGF and then eat s**t and die, and the SA media can do the same.
I've seen a few media folk say 12 would be fair, that's what I'm referring to. Seems odd to me considering most Crows supporters seem to accept that 18/19 is fair.

Back