Why can't Adelaide retain players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloke thinks he should be highest paid when he isn't even top 10 in our team.

Enjoy that character in the rooms. Bloke has put a shitload of pressure on himself to perform and the rumours swirling already that there are Dees not happy with him already.
Wasn't he touted as a future captain of Adelaide?

Gary is one player not a whole team in a GF spudding it up

I'm sorry I was only having a laugh before but now I'm not sure if you are serious.

I could count the number of games on one hand where Gold Cost put in any effort.

Wasn't he touted as a future captain of Adelaide?

Yep he sure had the potential IF he kept doing the right things and fulfilled his potential. I guess it all went to his head.

Can't help kids with attitude problems. Guess we dodged that bullet.

I'm sorry I was only having a laugh before but now I'm not sure if you are serious.

I could count the number of games on one hand where Gold Cost put in any effort.
Na life's to short to take a place like BF serious.
GC are on the up now. #Dothedew

Yep he sure had the potential IF he kept doing the right things and fulfilled his potential. I guess it all went to his head.

Can't help kids with attitude problems. Guess we dodged that bullet.
Attitude problems? Was the only defender at the Crows that stood up in the GF.

Lever has handled his exit poorly. He has asked to be AFC's highest payed player and has (in-season) talked with other clubs. Then he was [rumored] to have been talked to about whether or not he should go to the BnF. He has already spoken with most the players at a bbq and it is [rumored] that there were some stern words thrown about.

Charlie has asked to be traded to Brisbane so he can be close to family, as it is believed he is having some family related issues. Is contracted so like with any contracted player, it may or may-not happen.

One is exiting for coin, the other is asking to for family-reasons. Media and twitter-kiddies taking pot-shots at AFC. Twisting the truth to make it fit their s**t-throwing narrative. Taking it all with a grain of salt because of what a joke it is.

Attitude problems? Was the only defender at the Crows that stood up in the GF.

Yeah attitude problems. Wants to be top paid player without first earning it - want to bank on a breakout season by going str8 to the top? Pfft he'd be laughed out of the office of any other business.

P.s Hartigan was our best. Don't let BTs "fisting" excitement get to you. His theatrics have probably cost Melbourne 100k-150k overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not the club, but the vitriol flying about on the Adelaide board is unprecedented. There's an entire thread dedicated to hanging s**t on Lever and rewriting history. You've got to ask where does this come from? Well, the club telling Lever he wasn't welcome at the B&F was a good starting point. So childish and hypocritical

I'll tell you where all this comes from.

We just lose a Prelim to the Hawks then.
The Tippett f**k up - we lose first round & second round picks for the next two drafts (Clubs fault yes - not fans)
Tippett leaving
Bock leaving
Davis leaving
Gunston leaving
Vince having to be traded out because of Tippett f**k up
Dean Bailey passing away
Phil Walsh getting murdered
Dangerfield leaving
Then after all of that we are the best team for the year and don't rock up on GF day and fold like a pack of cards (Well done Richmond too much pressure).

So everything thing this week is pretty raw as we are all pretty devistated (Same as every losing GF team each year) because we finally thought something good was finally going to happen after all of that s**t and 19 years since winning a flag (yes I know Melbourne & Saints).

Then two fan favourites firstly Lever who said he wanted to be a one club player is a 21 year old f**king gun who is touted as a future captain decides to do a runner for $. Then Charlie decides he wants to go for family reason.

So the emotions are all running pretty high and everyone isn't exactly being rational at the moment but that's why.

I also think he should have been allowed to attend the B&F btw.

Everyone can sit there and take pot shots but it's just been a really f**king s**t week.

What wouldn't help in Adelaide is a headline in the Adelaide Advertiser last week, "Is third flag now a formality?"
erm, written by the famous apologist for the Power, Michaelangelo Rucci

A fair few are out of contract at the end of next year.
Not sure how they fit them all in.
Unless they continue to pay them peanuts.
View attachment 425552
Who is your List Manager, as it appears from the outside looking in he's not not doing too good a job? Surely there must be some players who are getting "overs" if the offers to players coming out of contract is so abysmal?? Or thirdly are players eg Lever being overrated by many. Srs question.

The Tippett f**k up - we lose first round & second round picks for the next two drafts (Clubs fault yes - not fans)
Tippett leaving
Bock leaving
Davis leaving
Gunston leaving
Dean Bailey passing away
Dangerfield leaving
Then after all of that we are the best team for the year and don't rock up on GF day and fold like a pack of cards (Well done Richmond too much pressure).

So everything thing this week is pretty raw as we are all pretty devistated (Same as every losing GF team each year) because we finally thought something good was finally going to happen after all of that s**t and 19 years since winning a flag (yes I know Melbourne & Saints).

Then two fan favourites firstly Lever who said he wanted to be a one club player is a 21 year old f**king gun who is touted as a future captain decides to do a runner for $. Then Charlie decides he wants to go for family reason.

So the emotions are all running pretty high and everyone isn't exactly being rational at the moment but that's why.

Everyone can sit there and take pot shots but it's just been a really f**king s**t week.

It's only footy, it's not personal issues with the wife or kids or problems at work.

Tippett leaving
Bock leaving
Davis leaving
Gunston leaving
Dean Bailey passing away
Dangerfield leaving

Fingers crossed you salvage something through trade week and come back bigger and better next year pal :thumbsu:

Who is your List Manager, as it appears from the outside looking in he's not not doing too good a job? Surely there must be some players who are getting "overs" if the offers to players coming out of contract is so abysmal?? Or thirdly are players eg Lever being overrated by many. Srs question.
Justin Reid

Lever has handled his exit poorly. He has asked to be AFC's highest payed player and has (in-season) talked with other clubs. Then he was [rumored] to have been talked to about whether or not he should go to the BnF. He has already spoken with most the players at a bbq and it is [rumored] that there were some stern words thrown about.

Charlie has asked to be traded to Brisbane so he can be close to family, as it is believed he is having some family related issues. Is contracted so like with any contracted player, it may or may-not happen.

One is exiting for coin, the other is asking to for family-reasons. Media and twitter-kiddies taking pot-shots at AFC. Twisting the truth to make it fit their s**t-throwing narrative. Taking it all with a grain of salt because of what a joke it is.

He should be the highest paid player... By far.

I do recall a few years ago the sacking of sando and how the crows board blamed the players for the sacking and said it was their call.

When Danger appeared on the footy show he was pretty angry and annoyed at the club for throwing the players under the bus.

To me that showed that there is something very wrong with how the board conducts things and could explain why it’s so hard for them to keep their stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back