Richmond hierarchy aimed for finals, not a premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

And played finals against three top 4 teams that for some reason were extremely poor on the day and were belted by 6+ goals.

Have they found your captain yet?

ALL. FINALS. AT. HOME.

Are we going to pretend that isn't an advantage?

Play the game at AO and we will see.

Play it at a neutral ground and we will see.
Oh wait you dismiss the idea because it will never happen and that all of sudden negates the point.

ALL. FINALS. AT. HOME.

Oh wait you dismiss the idea because it will never happen and that all of sudden negates the point.

What do you want me to say to that?

The result may have been different if we had have had to play in Adelaide. But the Grand Final is played at the MCG.

Complaining about it a week after you got flogged in the GF makes you sound salty.

I'd be more disgusted in your players performances on the day than looking for other excuses as to why you got belted.

What do you want me to say to that?

The result may have been different if we had have had to play in Adelaide. But the Grand Final is played at the MCG.

Complaining about it a week after you got flogged in the GF makes you sound salty.

I'd be more disgusted in your players performances on the day than looking for other excuses as to why you got belted.

Adelaide played s**t there is no debate.

But Richmond fans on this board seem to be intent on making everyone see how they are the greatest premiers in history and fail to acknowledge their advantages held over other teams.

ALL. FINALS. AT. HOME.

If only the clock could be turned back to 1965 and Yarra council hadn't widened Punt Rd, and Richmond still played its home games 300 metres away...

Adelaide just don't have the quality on their list. Good players keep leaving but no one is leaving Port Adelaide. Adelaide are a flash in the pan, one good season and that's it. Nothing to show for it. Their supporters are pathetic talking about the MCG being an advantage to Melbourne teams. Such a pathetic excuse for a bunch of individuals looking for reasons to comprehend their teams insipid performance.

Richmond have been the best side all season including finals, Adelaide were overrated. To win your finals matches by 51, 36 and 48, goes to show that Richmond are the most dominant September team in recent memory. I wouldn't be surprised if Richmond go back to back. Adelaide are pretenders. That's how we conclude this season. Their stance lacked class. They used the national anthem to attempt to intimidate their opponents. I mean that's just disgusting and karma hit them in the face.

Apparently the club paid for a spare seat next to Taylor Walker on the plane ride home for the premiership cup!!!! The arrogance! All they had their was tissue boxes to use for their tears.

It was very clumsily worded, and yeah, it did offend the supporters. They were essentially saying the club rose too quickly in the face of compromised drafts (0-9 start in 2010 to 5th place after h&a in 2013), which is true. They also said something about too many recycled players, which was strictly correct, but which apparently caused offence to Shaun Grigg and prompted him to confront club staff.

Hardwick also said it was the most talented list he'd had. I think the club knew it had latent talent but didn't quite know where it was going wrong. The gameplan needed to be completely re-worked; I doubted we could do it under Hardwick, let alone make it work to the tune of a premiership. I'm as shocked as anyone.

The intangible is the psychological/emotional aspect. The players apparently underwent some sort of Venusian mind-meld that brought out their collective best. There is some IP in that area that I doubt the club will be sharing.
The extract from the book just loaded on the club's website is, I think, quite revealing. The contrast in Dimma's reaction to a poor performance against Melbourne in 2016 and another, not quite as poor admittedly, in 2017, is quite stunning. The description of the interplay between he and his assistants and the team during a game is fascinating.

But Richmond fans on this board seem to be intent on making everyone see how they are the greatest premiers in history and fail to acknowledge their advantages held over other teams.
Fair enough man.

I don't think they are the greatest premiers in history.

They had a good draw.
They played a style the footy world hasn't worked out yet, but soon will.
They didn't have many injuries.
And it was a weak season I've been told.
And apparently the teams that they played in the finals had really off games.
Oh and the GF was played at the MCG.

But fact is they played pretty damn well all season, and considerably better than all their opponents in the finals.

And I saw them win the flag.
So I'm pretty happy with the way the footy club has gone about it this season.

Can they back it up next year? Who knows. Maybe, maybe not. To be honest, I don't really care right now. We just won the flag.

And if the admin didn't expect it last year, who's to blame them? This time last year I didn't expect them to win the 2017 flag. The footy world definitely didn't. And it seems like the main board on Bigfooty is still looking for reasons that Richmond won it this year.

Have to admit though it is quite enjoyable reading.

No. We were lucky. So lucky.

The extract from the book just loaded on the club's website is, I think, quite revealing. The contrast in Dimma's reaction to a poor performance against Melbourne in 2016 and another, not quite as poor admittedly, in 2017, is quite stunning. The description of the interplay between he and his assistants and the team during a game is fascinating.

Sounds like it'll be an interesting book, of a type we haven't had about Richmond before. Didn't know there was an AFL compliance officer in the match day box.

Oddly I expected to lose last year and win this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wins a premiership and still obsessed with us. Forever living in our shadow.
Hahahahah,

Your player commented on this at the best and fairest yesterday, your entire club is copying what we did last year and even KB mocked your captain for adopting our mantra from last year.

Reality check buddy. Richmond is the powerhouse and you're in our shadow.

Weak season
Good draw
41 fit players available in late September.
The umpires took a shine to their new playing style.
Martin had the season of his career
Swans & GWS were hampered by injury.
Amazing MRP result

A perfect storm occurred. It happens.
Not for North Melbourne it doesn't.

Hahahahah,

Your player commented on this at the best and fairest yesterday, your entire club is copying what we did last year and even KB mocked your captain for adopting our mantra from last year.

Reality check buddy. Richmond is the powerhouse and you're in our shadow.
Obsessed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back