List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Ablett and Griffen captains?

Vice captain.. lol.. like that counts for s**t.

Ablett was offered massive coin essentially by the AFL and Griffen was pissed at the coach who rubbed basically everybody up the wrong way.

Neither of those apply to Sloane now do they...

Like I said Sloane's in the leadership group and is fully invested in the club (which is in premiership contention right now) - he's not going anywhere so asking about it for this year is stupid.

He's not going anywhere next year either imo - he'll retire a Crow.

Faz and Reid (along with Blair) are our FA next year. The best we could do this year is picks 31 and 32 from Syd and WC. Does anyone know if we would getter better picks (in a better draft by all accounts) waiting a year and getting compo for them?
Not if we get Lynch. Compo cancelled out

Would love to try and get a extra 1st rd in next years draft.by all reports it is the best ever and full of potential midfield and key position stars.maybe our 1st and 2nd pick this year for brisbane 1st next year and hope they finish bottom 2.

Nothing stands out for me so far this trade week and those I rate and would fit a need, like Lever and Tomlinson, you'll have to pay overs for and I'm not keen on that when we gave 2 1st rounders for Treloar (happy with that trade though).

Happy to tinker around the edges and look for development of existing list and game plan.

Wigg from Adelaide appeals and maybe look at Watts or an underperforming type key forward like Close, Taberner if they come cheap.

Don't see much state league but hopefully find a half back mature aged type there like a Dom Barry.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ablett was offered massive coin essentially by the AFL and Griffen was pissed at the coach who rubbed basically everybody up the wrong way.

Neither of those apply to Sloane now do they...

Like I said Sloane's in the leadership group and is fully invested in the club (which is in premiership contention right now) - he's not going anywhere so asking about it for this year is stupid.

He's not going anywhere next year either imo - he'll retire a Crow.

Mate.. business is business.. cause some player is ladida and all rosey and s**t with his club.. doesn't count for s**t if there's a huge offer on the table.

Sloane would make an extra mil over the course of his career at another club.

You can argue that Griffen and Ablett left BC things weren't quite right.. well explain Franklin and Dangerfield. Player's that leave throw out BS reasons half the time anyhow.

In conclusion.. if he leaves he leaves. Equal baring as far as I'm concerned if he gets along or doesn't get along with the club he's currently at.

I think he has less impact on games of football than Treloar, but I know that I am in the minority in that regard.
We paid significantly less in terms of salary cap and trade for Treloar than what many are suggesting we should offer for lynch.

Salary cap yes but trade price will be similar, Suns can match us and force a trade.

Lynch would have far greater bearing on our side then Treloar. Lynch can play both deep focal point or a roaming CHF type who links defe to fwd.

He is playing for a shitful team in front of 10 men and their dogs, would go to another level again at the pies.

But again I don't think we will land him now with how the AFL has gotten involved.

Trade Reid for a decent pick.. then use it to offload it as part of some deal to get a big time player.. or simply use it in the draft.

Reid's toast.. sick of his injuries.

And ffs.. get rid of Sinclair!!!

Can't have it both ways. If he's toast (which I tend to agree with), how do you get anything decent for him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is playing for a shitful team in front of 10 men and their dogs, would go to another level again at the pies.

I remember watching Tony Lockett absolutely dominating up forward whilst playing for a shitful team. Lynch doesn't dominate. Noone looks better than Lynch when the ball is kicked out in front and this massive guy with presence runs and jumps and marks it high out in front, but he doesn't do that enough to warrant the price because he doesn't do much inbetween - not many one on one marks, he doesn't often clunk them in a pack, he provides very little at ground level. Good player, but he doesn't warrant the huge price tag. He'll have to produce a damn site more than the 44 goals, 15 possessions and 1.5 contested marks per game that he gave GCS this year to come close to warranting the cost that is being suggested. I don't buy the theory that if he goes from a shitful team to an ordinary or evn a good team he will suddenly produce at a much higher level. The jungle drums are beating so loudly that I believe that we will get him next year. Therefore I hope that I'm wrong.

Comparing forwards from yesteryear against modern day is apples to oranges. Different game styles, different defensive structures etc.

RE Tim Broomhead, as i keep saying whenever this topic is brought up: Next year, he will have been in the system for 6 years. Yes, 6 years.

If he hasn't shown any standard nearing a solid AFL player yet i don't think he ever will.

I liken it to a situation where you have had a partner for 6 years but not sure if you like them or not/think they are a good person or not. Odds are if its been 6 years the answer is pointless and the relationship isn't going to work out anyway.

Seems our decline started when we drafted Broomhead, Buckley has been copping the blame for too long.
There is still hope. Watts had been in the system coming up 9 years before Melbourne gave up on him ever reaching his potential.

What's everyone think about throwing Troy Menzel a lifeline?

Talented in his draft year.
A half forward type.

Just been told he won't be offered a new contract at Adelaide.

Worth a look I reckon.

The two players i want will likely be available at those two teens picks so why only get 1 when we can have both. We draft Balta and Richards then our defence is virtually sorted in one draft
This is my point though. That's about need. Are either of these players close to the 6th best in the draft? How much less likely is it that either becomes elite when compared to the guy we could have taken 6th - I don't know, a Fogarty or Coffield? And the final question is how certain are we that they will be there at 15 or 17? What if someone else takes them and we have to make do with an even lesser player who may not fill the same need?

There's a massive risk there if we do end up getting them, plus the risk that we might miss out. This is why I describe it as a scary suggestion. Hopefully we keep it simple and use pick 6 to get the best player possible. Elite players are worth so much more than a couple of good or pretty good players.

The last time we had multiple picks around that range we ended up with: Grundy, Broomhead and Kennedy. If we got a Grundy that played KPF or KPD plus another player who was only decent then moving down works. But if we only got two decent players (or worse one that's not even that, like Kennedy and one we are still trying to figure out in Broomhead), either from selecting poorly or missing on the Grundy level player, then it's a bust. Too much risk for mine.

Jake Lever sounds like a selfish prick, from the reports about his exit from the Crows.
Glad he is going to the Demons then will take up some of their salary cap for the foreseeable future. Good player but not worth the farm

What's everyone think about throwing Troy Menzel a lifeline?

Talented in his draft year.
A half forward type.

Just been told he won't be offered a new contract at Adelaide.

Worth a look I reckon.

He's been in two AFL systems now and not taken his opportunity at either.

I doubt he'll get a third chance.

Is it rumour or fact that lynch and his family are nassive pies supporters or is this just sonething thats grown legs
Yeah he confirmed that on Marngrook earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back