Tigers - 2017 Premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

r0_0_2233_2867_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

in the words of dusty:

"Nankervis is a gun"

Nathan No Flags is not even worthy enough to lace Cotchin's boots in 50 years no one will remember Buckley but Cotchin will always be remembered as a Premiership captain something Buckley never got close too what's next you say some spud like Adam Treloar is better than Cotchin
Tell me all about Richo's successes as a footballer.

Richo has achieved something Buckley or Adam Treloar can never aspire to - He was a ONE CLUB only player.
Oh yes that's the pinnacle of a player's value. At least he holds the holy grail of having kicked the most goals at the MCG, which coincidentally only one supporter base seems to care about.

About as much as Buckley
Brownlow? Nah. Norm Smith? Nah. Close in All-Australians? Nah, Bucks is 2.5x superior. How about club best-and-fairests? Richo played in a rubbish side for most of his career, surely he used the best of his ability to clean them up? Nah, just the one; Buckley won six in a side that played finals and made a grand final.

I reckon I know who's better.

Brownlow? Nah. Norm Smith? Nah. Close in All-Australians? Nah, Bucks is 2.5x superior. How about club best-and-fairests? Richo played in a rubbish side for most of his career, surely he used the best of his ability to clean them up? Nah, just the one; Buckley won six in a side that played finals and made a grand final.

Loyalty means nothing to you I guess. Are you suffering from attention defecit syndrome? Your club is in a downward spriral and here you are trolling the premiership team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley played in s**t sides most of career too anyone could win a bnf playing with them and please Buckley is the worst Norm Smith winner ever anyone with half a brain could tell Voss was best on field in that grand final by far

Buckley played in s**t sides most of career too anyone could win a bnf playing with them and please Buckley is the worst Norm Smith winner ever anyone with half a brain could tell Voss was best on field in that grand final by far
Voss was slightly superior on the day, none of this "by far" trash. The worst Norm Smith Medal winner is an amazing achievement no matter what way you twist it, and it belongs to Cyril Rioli anyway.

Buckley carried a team to successive grand finals on his shoulders - one of the finest players of the modern era whether you like it or not.

He got his arse handed to him in the gf
What game were you watching?
He lost in the hitouts but he's not expected to win the hitouts but he beat Jacobs around the ground which is his main role.

Oh yes that's the pinnacle of a player's value. At least he holds the holy grail of having kicked the most goals at the MCG, which coincidentally only one supporter base seems to care about.
One club player doesn’t describe Richo. Richo is not heavily associated with Richmond, he IS Richmond.
The bloke is the closest thing to a living saint. Clearly imperfect but a miracle worker. His greatest miracle being single handedly attracting people to games for years. For a long time Richmond supporters did not expect Richmond to ever win, we went to the footy to watch Richo.

Hey can you tigers fans make some more threads about who didn't rate you high enough, how good your team really is versus other historical teams and I keep forgetting who won the flag so please be a little more regular with your reminders.
Richmond won the 2017 flag. Wooooooooooooo yeah!!!!!!

You'll be a neutral supporter come finals time for many years going forward I'd say.
The odds are that the Tiges will return to what they know also. List management and Hardwick will impose themselves enough for desperation and luck to take a back seat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back