Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm staggered it's being going on...for 3 years.
Can understand maybe 6 months to adjust and re-locate his family to Melbourne. At a push, 12 months.
But 3 whole years. Seriously. WTH.

Below, from an article in April, 2015 in the Adelaide Advertiser.

Wife Susie and daughters Georgia, 15 and Ella 12, will move across in due time, but it’s a matter of timing.

``We’re just trying to pick the right moment for them to come across,’’ Trigg said. ``At the moment, I’m racking up some frequent flyer points.’’

Nearly 2.5 years after this article and comments, Trigg was still a FIFO.
Obviously 'timing' wasn't important at all.
Our club, members and fans deserved better than this crap. Beyond piss poor. From all involved. Rant over.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...b/news-story/6be0763983948baa11ecdab2ab7071cc
Surely it speaks in a good way how the board and executive were able to keep knowledge of FIFO out of the press? Means no one is leaking.

Surely it speaks in a good way how the board and executive were able to keep knowledge of FIFO out of the press? Means no one is leaking.

I thought so. Office has been tight to date.

This would all have gone brilliantly had Caro not forced our hand. She says Trigg has been treated poorly but she has brought forward the public scrutiny.

BlueTongue

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2009
The Void
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
TEAM 17 (Flags)
Would help if he didn't look like an extra in The Sopranos.
Art imitating life?

Clubs do have to suspend the truth sometimes. They need to be creative and credible. We need someone who can do that. Unfortunately Trigg was that person for us and this is about him.

The only other people I believe when they talk is Bolton and SOS as they have an air of credibility.
There's a difference between avoiding the truth and telling bold face lies.

He could have easily said something like "I'm not prepared to discuss internal club politics" or some polite fob off, but outright saying 'No' would suggest it's touching a nerve.

Either that or it really wasn't discussed at all.... :huh:

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Would help if he didn't look like an extra in The Sopranos.

You owe me a new laptop.

Just spat out my latte all over the screen. :p

018-the-sopranos-theredlist.jpg

barass70

All Australian
Oct 28, 2008
AVONDALE HTS
AFL Club
Carlton
I thought so. Office has been tight to date.

This would all have gone brilliantly had Caro not forced our hand. She says Trigg has been treated poorly but she has brought forward the public scrutiny.
Thanks to Kate Jenkins and there was know rift between SOS and Trigg and don’t believe all the bullshit in the media maybe timing wasn’t right but there’s never is..

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Unfortunately needed to cover our tracks and if the story broke, be better prepared to run through with our plans (for the betterment of the CFC). **Only takes 1 to ruin the party room intentions though it seems.

Leave Trigg to see out AFLW if that was the case in reduced $$'s if he desired but for his part time attendance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bluebrew

Cancelled
Dec 15, 2006
Swan Valley WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton, Carlton and only CARLTON
He told the club he going to move family to Melbourne after 12 months..it’s been over 3 years and Family still in Adelaide so what’s that say?
The Club NEVER offered him a full time position..which would have been the trigger for him to do so as agreed at his original appointment.

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Didn't meet him personally, but Lethlean is highly regarded by my contacts who work(ed) at AFL House and from everything I saw of how he ran AFL Ops when I last visited, I was impressed.

Seemed well liked/respected by the media too in his dealings with his previous roles at AFL house.

KoutaGnome

Senior List
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Crankyhawk, agree that the lack of leaking from the board over the past 3 years has been a positive development.
Commend the board for that. However, am troubled that they allowed the club to have a CEO that was a FIFO. For 3 whole years.
Our club has been a shambles for most of this century. Board instability. Political infighting. Salary scandal. Multiple sacked coaches. Too many woeful onfield performances and wooden spoons 'won'.
Not to mention the mountain of debt, stagnant membership numbers and issues with corporate sponsorship.
Then Trigg came along and has steadied the CFC ship. I commend him for that.
However, Trigg publicly stated back in April 2015, that his family would be moving over from Adelaide. It was just a case of 'timing'
In 3 years that never happened. Maybe Trigg and his family may have compelling reasons for not re-locating
However, not sure how many other AFL clubs have current CEO's that are FIFO's. Plus, are dealing with having to resurrect, restructure and reset a club, on just about every level.
The board has allowed this FIFO situation to go on longer than it should. I suspect their silence on the matter also reflects their concerns on how the Blues faithful would react.

Dec 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Think the club may have suffered from being too cautious in how they wanted to handle this.

Maybe Trigg has been set to leave for a period and it was a case of finding the replacement and making a quiet transition.

Then Caro blows it up to a point where everything we do looks bad now.

Would imagine Hawthorn are worse off than we are in recent board departments.

BlueTongue

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2009
The Void
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
TEAM 17 (Flags)
Yes.. as i said earlier you strike while the iron is hot good CEO don’t grow on trees
While I'm no moralistic saint and I'm prepared to forgive & forget, I just hope that the Club hasn't underestimated the negative publicity this may generate and the memberships this could cost us. I'm sure we could also find another CEO who is maybe 95% as good and won't generate nearly as much controversy.

While I'm no moralistic saint and I'm prepared to forgive & forget, I just hope that the Club hasn't underestimated the negative publicity this may generate and the memberships this could cost us. I'm sure we could also find another CEO who is maybe 95% as good and won't generate nearly as much controversy.

What will you say if this so called 'controversial appointment' happens and memberships go up? You do realise there is no law against consenting adults having intimate relationships don't you? Where was the complaint made by an offended party to the AFL regarding ANY form harassment or intimidation?

Stop beating the jungle drums mate -you and your ilk are just braying donkeys.

Perhaps you should reflect as much if not more on the rumour going around (if true) that a Board member with her own agenda broke every rule of corporate governance in providing gossip and innuendo to a known muck racking journalist and should resign right? Why aren't you beating this obvious drum?

As for some other comments above regarding the President - they border on racial stereotyping - not funny in my book and should not be tolerated on the Board - disgusting and inappropriate - SHAME on you.

As for Kennett's comments- he is a clever fella our Mr (and rumoured wife basher) ex Premier isn't he? Known Scumbag couldn't care less what this bloke -0 busy disguising an unsavoury sacking of a a female CEO has to say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back