List Mgmt. Delisted: Best Wishes to Troy Menzel and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Why on earth would you announce a delisting at the club b'n'f? It's supposed to be a celebration, not a funeral.
"These are our best players. Congratulations on being consistent, top levels players through dedication and persistence. Oh and yeah, those two in the back corner, they aren't good enough, they're delisted. Give them a round of applause for not firing a shot"

As for troy... Really not sure about this. Rated him as a player at Carlton..
Was it off field issues, or team mates not fitting in with him?

Clearly wasn't gonna happen here. Not overly surprised but he does have talent.

I remember Carlton fans alluding to alot during that trade.

Troy's got a bit of personal troubles to deal with but I think he'll get back on his feet quite quickly.

Watch somebody like Hawks / Sydney pick him up for nothing and be a cracker haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he didn't exactly light it up in the SANFL. Maybe it's just down to form. It's not always a conspiracy.

Troy's got a bit of personal troubles to deal with but I think he'll get back on his feet quite quickly.

Watch somebody like Hawks / Sydney pick him up for nothing and be a cracker haha
This is what I thought.

Yeah I'm expecting Impey to be a star if he winds up at Hawthorn lol

Troy won't be anywhere near an AFL side next year (or ever). You don't fail at two clubs and get another shot.

Everyone jumping on the “criticise the crows” bandwagon. This time of year really is ******* ******ed.

Maybe because they didn't want to embarrass them in front of a room full of people?!!

FWIW we always announce delistings a few days after the b&f. The night's a celebration of the season and it's really their last night to enjoy being involved with the club. In most cases their last time with an AFL club.
They already know their fate before the night anyway.

FWIW we always announce delistings a few days after the b&f. The night's a celebration of the season and it's really their last night to enjoy being involved with the club. In many cases their last time with an AFL club.
They already know their fate before the night anyway.

I know right. This Lee Gaskin fellow is a moron.

* I hate twitter. These days every idiot has a soap box to stand on.

Best of luck to both players

Troy could find another AFL home and I wouldn't be surprised to see Geelong add Gote to their rookie list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back