List Mgmt. Delisted: Best Wishes to Troy Menzel and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Troy could find another AFL home and I wouldn't be surprised to see Geelong add Gote to their rookie list
I was disappointed to see Gore go - I wonder what happened? He had an excellent first year in the VFL and was on the cusp of senior selection when we traded him out. I'd have him back as a rookie.

As for Troy, surely once you've burned the talent bridge twice, it's unlikely you'll get a second home.

FWIW we always announce delistings a few days after the b&f. The night's a celebration of the season and it's really their last night to enjoy being involved with the club. In most cases their last time with an AFL club.
They already know their fate before the night anyway.
I can't imagine any club announcing delistings at the b&f. Would be a shocking thing to do.

Seriously, what are these people smoking? Campaigner screws us over and sows disharmony in the playing group, but we should invite them to the b&f. We announce delistings after the b&f, but we should have done it at the b&f.

My god we're a nasty footy club. :rolleyes:

I was disappointed to see Gore go - I wonder what happened? He had an excellent first year in the VFL and was on the cusp of senior selection when we traded him out. I'd have him back as a rookie.

As for Troy, surely once you've burned the talent bridge twice, it's unlikely you'll get a second home.

Not sure what happened with Gore but he really didn't play well in the SANFL. We have top up players who put in better performances.

Best of luck to both players

Troy could find another AFL home and I wouldn't be surprised to see Geelong add Gote to their rookie list
Nah.... Dean will be at Unley next year....Marty Mattner probably just got off the phone...

Best of luck to both players

Both of their careers are done. Neither fired a shot here.

Just never fired a shot here unfortunately. A sliding doors moment for Gore really seeing his first season was quite decent for Geelong (as you say, was close to selection). Stays and it's quite likely he has some AFL games to his name.

Ah well, such is life.

So would that be it for delistings? Thommo retired, Lever, Cameron traded, Gore, Menzel delisted. 5 roster spots to fill? Do we have rookies that need to be upgraded?

I think there was a point at his first year at the club where he performed quite well but ever since he really has struggled at SANFL level. He's anonymous at that level at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There'll probably be more after the trade period.

Thinking the same. I would expect the AFC would be hoping they can bring in 1-2 players during the trade period. If we brought in another 2 how many could we then cut?

So would that be it for delistings? Thommo retired, Lever, Cameron traded, Gore, Menzel delisted. 5 roster spots to fill? Do we have rookies that need to be upgraded?

I'm pretty sure Greenwood & Keath are upgraded for next year which means its 2 in & 3 out so far plus Lever & possibly Cameron.

I reckon Dear & one of Cheney or Wigg will also get the chop.

Hunter will probably be cut from the rookie list as well.

I reckon the crows will draft up to 5 players this year with possible picks being 10, 16, 18 27 & 34 unless they can get Gibbs from Carlton.

at least we only gave Menzel 4 games instead of the dozen or so that preceded Matty Wright and Henderson's delistings

I'm surprised that we delisted Menzel after him playing 4 games last year. I thought he was worth persisting with, especially with another preseason under the belt. At least we're being a bit ruthless these days, should delist Otten as well. But we won't.

I'd expect to see Wigg, Beech and CEY delisted.

Not sure about Dear.

O'Brien has signed an extension.

CEY would be stiff imo. Just coming off a knee reco & showed some real form up to that time. I reckon he will be offered another year. to see how he goes.

CEY would be stiff imo. Just coming off a knee reco & showed some real form up to that time. I reckon he will be offered another year. to see how he goes.

Dude regardless of the knee, CEY has been given enough chances. His disposal is a liability at AFL level. If he gets another deal, it will be a 1 year dead man walking contract and he would likely be used as depth only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back