Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can put hogan rumours to bed. We met with him and his management, but doesn’t look like he is coming.

Whilst it's a bummer it's what we all expected

Maybe have another crack when his contract is up, good luck to Hoges he deserves a turn in fortunes

Allen will most likely be gone by 20. To guarantee getting him we need a pick before 14.
If Allen was taller I would agree. Medium forwards rarely go inside the top 20 though. I think he may last as long as 30. Still no good to us of course, at least not at this stage.
No way Hayes goes at 10. We may entertain a slide to just outside top 10 at which time he comes into play but I highly doubt it. I've grown to like Jaidyn Stephenson at 5. North are a big show at pick 4, which will likely mean one of Cerra or Dow may drop to 5.

Why do we need to be so desperate for a spud ruckman. Spencer from Melbourne is 29 next year and forever injured. Port are desperate to offload Lobbe because he is 29 and crapola. Even Nicholls has barely played the last couple of years. We had opportunity to pick up Witts or Nankervis last year and showed zero interest.

I don't think Rhys Stanley is as spudley as those mentioned above but others have killed the idea as terrible. I'm not sold on him but he far more versatile and younger than both. I wasn't sold on Casboult but everytime I mentioned him as a ruck/fwd I got shot quickly but now we have degenerated to Lobbe and Spencer.

What about Corey Gault. Again not the best but better than Lobbe and Spencer:

200cm, 100kg, 28.10.1992
6 games with the Pies between 2012-2016
Averaged 18.6 possessions and 25 hit outs in 2017 WAFL season
http://www.swandistrictsfc.com.au/news/13421/corey-gault-named-ruckman-in-waflcomau-team-of-the-year
Gault and Stanley are just as spudly as Lobbe and Spencer.

Is Marcus Adams still with the Dogs, if so why not include him as part of the Crozier deal?
The lisfranc is enough to put me off forever.

Apeness is CONTRACTED for next year. He won't be delisted regardless if Taberner stays on, Lobb walks into our team and we draft Hayes. Apeness is going NOWHERE. 100% not going anywhere for 2018 is Apeness, why don't people get this?

F*** sorry mate, my mistake. I'm not sure why I thought he was still uncontracted. That's good news.

Gault and Stanley are just as spudly as Lobbe and Spencer.
I'll take your word on Gault - barely seen him play. As for Stanley don't disagree that he isn't a spud, my point is he is less of a spud than the other two. Don't think we need any of them to be fair.

Matt Taberner (198cm) and Michael Apeness (200cm) can provide ruck relief. Provided Ape isn't injured. Ape was looking ok last pre-season.

The main board suggests that Balic is doing the right thing by the club to get us the best deal possible. If you believe the talk North offered us some junk pick around 70 but Melbourne are offering something more acceptable, so Balic is agreeing to go there. He did say from the beginning that he would like to go back to Victoria, IF we can make it happen. We won't get what he is worth, but we have benefited from that type of scenario ourselves on occasion.
Sounds like something that soft utensil would do! Can’t even kick the club whilst it’s down on his way out. Missed a solid opportunity to screw us over but is too much of a mummy’s boy to even do that! Harley Balic... more like Harley Ballicker!

Anybody know what Suban worth (guess) a season if FA end and no deal offer from other club.

Sounds like something that soft utensil would do! Can’t even kick the club whilst it’s down on his way out. Missed a solid opportunity to screw us over but is too much of a mummy’s boy to even do that! Harley Balic... more like Harley Ballicker!

Here we go again........

We traded our 2016 2nd round pick (22) for pick 35 which we used to draft Balic. We will likely get a pick in the 40's for him.

Should Lloyd be held accountable for this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HEY... that's Mr Ballicker thank you!

We traded our 2016 2nd round pick (22) for pick 35 which we used to draft Balic. We will likely get a pick in the 40's for him.

Accountable as in how? Jail?
It was a smart move at the time, Balic was highly rated and had dropped in the draft. Who's to know that he'd have homesick/whatever issues and want to go home.
Should be thanking Lloyd we didn't take Lever.
The introspection on here is bordering lunacy at times.

Depend on how you see it , could be worse . Imagine 2 first round for Cam Mac plus Bennell deal in 2015 .

Trade deals to wrap up early:
Hang onto Taberner;
Balic and 58 to melbourne for 45 and 63 (under for Freo);
Crozier and 45 to wb for 26;
26 to gws for Wilson (unders for gws);
55 to gc for matera (unders for gc who prob prefer 2018 3rd rd for 2018 4th back);
Leaves us 5, 40 and 63 and all of 2018 picks.
Personally I would also take the deal offered by bl poster of 5 for 12 and 18 after Wilson snared if we could make it happen?

I am ok with not getting Jesse until his contract expires. Now we go with pick 5 and next years first rounder.

For this year we could either score a gun midfielder like Stephenson or Fogarty but I would not be adverse to changing pick 5 into a couple in the 10-20 range and score Naughton and Allen

Lets hope he hits the ground running for pre-season

We have to give him an injury free year to see what he is capable of

nothing will stop him

images

Back