Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks to Kate Jenkins and there was know rift between SOS and Trigg and don’t believe all the bullshit in the media maybe timing wasn’t right but there’s never is..

Wow. Jenkins leaked?

Shades of Lauraine Diggins.

What will you say if this so called 'controversial appointment' happens and memberships go up?

Well then I'll be content that the club made a prudent appointment. I'm not one to fapp over my own opinions if the club gets it right.

You do realise there is no law against consenting adults having intimate relationships don't you? Where was the complaint made by an offended party to the AFL regarding ANY form harassment or intimidation?

Stop beating the jungle drums mate -you and your ilk are just braying donkeys.

Getting a bit personal aren't you 'Just a Battler' ? My point has always been concern that the club is going to lose memberships over a (all too soon to the recent controversial) decision. If I 'm wrong, we won't lose memberships, end of story. But going by the amount of publicity it's already gathered, we just might.

Perhaps you should reflect as much if not more on the rumour going around (if true) that a Board member with her own agenda broke every rule of corporate governance in providing gossip and innuendo to a known muck racking journalist and should resign right? Why aren't you beating this obvious drum?

As for some other comments above regarding the President - they border on racial stereotyping - not funny in my book and should not be tolerated on the Board - disgusting and inappropriate - SHAME on you.

Yeah OK I'll cop that on the chin (if you are actually genuine about those comments and not just puffing your chest out trying to 'score a win')

As for Kennett's comments- he is a clever fella our Mr (and rumoured wife basher) ex Premier isn't he? Known Scumbag couldn't care less what this bloke -0 busy disguising an unsavoury sacking of a a female CEO has to say.

Lol you don't mind spitting out a few poisonous rumours yerself, do you?

I ******* hate this whole morality argument,look at our club and it's history,look at any of the foundation clubs and argue that any have a clean history based on moral principles!
Whose morals?,farqing laughable concept!
What successful business person is free from moral deception?
None!
Do the job you're required and don't **** it up!
We have more pressing issues as a club than morality!
That's a fair point

That post is somewhat Jekyll and Hyde.

It is tiresome though having to associate a name with a discretion, none of us really know much about, nor should allow to become our business.
Unfortunately it will continue to be raised, dissected and moralised upon. Pretty tiring really.

Yes - it reflects my state of mind over the whole affair really

What will you say if this so called 'controversial appointment' happens and memberships go up? You do realise there is no law against consenting adults having intimate relationships don't you? Where was the complaint made by an offended party to the AFL regarding ANY form harassment or intimidation?

Stop beating the jungle drums mate -you and your ilk are just braying donkeys.

Perhaps you should reflect as much if not more on the rumour going around (if true) that a Board member with her own agenda broke every rule of corporate governance in providing gossip and innuendo to a known muck racking journalist and should resign right? Why aren't you beating this obvious drum?

As for some other comments above regarding the President - they border on racial stereotyping - not funny in my book and should not be tolerated on the Board - disgusting and inappropriate - SHAME on you.

As for Kennett's comments- he is a clever fella our Mr (and rumoured wife basher) ex Premier isn't he? Known Scumbag couldn't care less what this bloke -0 busy disguising an unsavoury sacking of a a female CEO has to say.
Agree on Kennet, was a board member for s company I once worked for and met him a few times... Egotistical, a hole of the highest order and had his fingers in many pies.... Smart cookie though.

So, Lethlean is a good buddy of Gil's and Gil is very keen for him to get a job at club land.

I hate boys' club appointments, but I'd love to have someone that Gil is likely to deal favourably with.

I'm torn. Self-interest VS moral high ground.

Hmmmmm, thinking...

Thinking.....

Welcome to Carlton, Simon!

Head huntered Mick Malthouse that worked out well. But point taken, I'm just concerned about some on the board going behind the current CEO's back, be upfront from the beginning from all reports he didn't have any idea.

Hope the club does its due diligence with Lethlean would be going through a bit at home with his marriage braking down, being sacked, is he in a great place to lead a club?
You're implying nobody that gets headhunted works out well
Well this new guy has been through no process and will go through a sham process
His problem is there is at least one person on the board that finds his appointment and his character unpalatable

Let those without sin caste the first stone!!
FFS.
Kennet is a moron and we don't promote ourselves as "The Family Club",yet they are hardly the clean slate club,"INJUNCTION".
If Simon has cleaned up his act personally,then why the hell not?
Wow. Jenkins leaked?

Shades of Lauraine Diggins.
It actually goes against everything that she stands for. She wasn't consulted

What will you say if this so called 'controversial appointment' happens and memberships go up? You do realise there is no law against consenting adults having intimate relationships don't you?

JaB I get your point. However, in Lethlean's case it wasn't just 'consenting adults having intimate relationships', he was doing it whilst his wife was pregnant.
Also doesn't help that texts from the 'other woman' were also published.

“He’s not leaving her anyway,” she told a friend. “I don’t know what to do. I’m so confused. I spoke with him and put it all on (the) line and he said he has feelings cares about me bla bla bla. “But the reality is he has a baby due in 3 weeks and 3 kids. That’s the reality and it won’t change ..."

For some that's a total deal breaker, a pregnant wife being betrayed. Understandably, some CFC supporters would be questioning Lethlean's character. And ask why someone like Trigg who has been personable, professional and never involved in a scandal whilst at our club, is being cast aside. Only to be replaced by a man who recently cheated on his family and is part of a perceived 'boys club'.

He told the club he going to move family to Melbourne after 12 months..it’s been over 3 years and Family still in Adelaide so what’s that say?

Bang

It’s not a FIFO job, staggered that never got out because if it did we would have had a new CEO 2 years ago.

Now let’s move on and embrace change

JaB I get your point. However, in Lethlean's
For some that's a total deal breaker, a pregnant wife being betrayed. Understandably, some CFC supporters would be questioning Lethlean's character. And ask why someone like Trigg who has been personable, professional and never involved in a scandal whilst at our club, is being cast aside. Only to be replaced by a man who recently cheated on his family and is part of a perceived 'boys club'.

And as we do not like trust or believe the AFL has ours or anyone's best interest , why would we recruit people from that organisation who are part of the "Boys Club" that ran the * drug scandal, That have repeatedly treated our club badly?
Simply put I do not trust or believe he would have our best interests before his own.

Crankyhawk, agree that the lack of leaking from the board over the past 3 years has been a positive development.
Commend the board for that. However, am troubled that they allowed the club to have a CEO that was a FIFO. For 3 whole years.
Our club has been a shambles for most of this century. Board instability. Political infighting. Salary scandal. Multiple sacked coaches. Too many woeful onfield performances and wooden spoons 'won'.
Not to mention the mountain of debt, stagnant membership numbers and issues with corporate sponsorship.
Then Trigg came along and has steadied the CFC ship. I commend him for that.
However, Trigg publicly stated back in April 2015, that his family would be moving over from Adelaide. It was just a case of 'timing'
In 3 years that never happened. Maybe Trigg and his family may have compelling reasons for not re-locating
However, not sure how many other AFL clubs have current CEO's that are FIFO's. Plus, are dealing with having to resurrect, restructure and reset a club, on just about every level.
The board has allowed this FIFO situation to go on longer than it should. I suspect their silence on the matter also reflects their concerns on how the Blues faithful would react.

I reckon they let it go on because there clearly wasn’t anyone better and in the whole Trigg was doing more than a serviceable job.

Landscape has changed and there is a good un waiting in the wings.

Personally I think that’s great leadership, I’m sure some will continue to make out it’s the old Carlton which is just pure utter rubbish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, Lethlean is a good buddy of Gil's and Gil is very keen for him to get a job at club land.

I hate boys' club appointments, but I'd love to have someone that Gil is likely to deal favourably with.

I'm torn. Self-interest VS moral high ground.

Hmmmmm, thinking...

Thinking.....

Welcome to Carlton, Simon!

Jack Lang : "In the race of life, always back self-interest - at least you know it's trying''

I sort of have the same attitude to people potentially potting SOS over his fall-out with Trigg. At least with SOS we know he has the Blues as his #1 priority.

Didn't meet him personally, but Lethlean is highly regarded by my contacts who work(ed) at AFL House and from everything I saw of how he ran AFL Ops when I last visited, I was impressed.
Doesnt seem to matter in this day and age. Once you cross the PC line you may as well be a pedophile

And as we do not like trust or believe the AFL has ours or anyone's best interest , why would we recruit people from that organisation who are part of the "Boys Club" that ran the * drug scandal, That have repeatedly treated our club badly?
Simply put I do not trust or believe he would have our best interests before his own.

So true.
For a sector of the community also, they want to ensure that they're supporting businesses and organisations that align with their own values. That they believe to be trustworthy, behaving with integrity and being good community/corporate citizens.

I have no idea if Lethlean is the right person/fit to be Carlton's CEO. However, I can understand why some supporters would be asking - He worked for an organisation I don't trust. He couldn't be trusted to be loyal to his pregnant wife. Why should I trust him to do the right thing. in one of the top jobs ,at my beloved club?

JaB I get your point. However, in Lethlean's case it wasn't just 'consenting adults having intimate relationships', he was doing it whilst his wife was pregnant.
Also doesn't help that texts from the 'other woman' were also published.

“He’s not leaving her anyway,” she told a friend. “I don’t know what to do. I’m so confused. I spoke with him and put it all on (the) line and he said he has feelings cares about me bla bla bla. “But the reality is he has a baby due in 3 weeks and 3 kids. That’s the reality and it won’t change ..."

I agree - not a good look - but I won't judge. If the Club reckons he will do a good job for the Club that is good enough for me.

Agree on Kennet, was a board member for s company I once worked for and met him a few times... Egotistical, a hole of the highest order and had his fingers in many pies.... Smart cookie though.

Pretty much sums him up nicely - then again no one is perfect . Clever enough to deflect any scrutiny on Hawthorn's obvious skeletons regarding recent resignations by pointing a finger at Lethlean as some kind of arch demon....just laughable really ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back