Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2008
Near the famous #34
AFL Club
Carlton
Menzel reminds me of Nathan Ablett. Younger brother with more talent than older brother, but no work ethic.

You don't play 21 games as a 21 year old in a premiership year without a strong work ethic. He obviously hated the footy fishbowl, walked away and stuck to his guns, and you have to admire that given how much pressure he would have been under to return to Geelong. If he had zero work ethic, he could have farted out a few decent games here and there and clung to Geelong's list for ten years, easy.

goreds

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I like this board as a whole but **** me I am sick and ******* tired of all these posts that backhand rip on the city of Adelaide itself

You live in Melbourne. Great city. Yay. So is Adelaide - Get over yourselves and your ruddy superiority complex

(Fwiw this post is far from the worst of them - just had enough of it and I dare say I'm not the only one. )

Sorry to press your buttons there Quazza but as someone who has done it, it's quite a culture change. It's very much a smaller community type of town, much like Newcastle or the Gong.

To go from the big city to a smaller city/town, its extremely hard to get used to, especially when your family is in the other city. This is what always comes up with the mangers when discussing leaving Adelaide...

Always enjoy visiting though!

2blue4u

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Some info from a close (Crows member :straining:) friend's Carlton contacts. Apparently we are still dealing with GWS on a multi player deal that didn't have Smith as a focus. This and SOS wanting to stockpile picks for 2018 was the main reason for us not going harder after Smith, hence Smith baulking when his manager became aware of our strategy. Most of the trade scenarios revolve around the Crows' Lever and Cameron wash up, setting up a reasonable Crows offer for Gibbs. They are spewing at the moment and want a 'win' by bringing home the prodigal sun, so are amenable to a reasonable trade (by market standards, not Crows). They have gone hard (and late) after Motlop under FA as they are expecting something decent from Brisbane for Cameron.
Not earth shattering news but joins a few dots at least.

Im hearing SOS has enquired about Shiel and Coniglio

The Flying Doormat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2008
Carrickalinga
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tranmere Rovers
I like this board as a whole but **** me I am sick and ******* tired of all these posts that backhand rip on the city of Adelaide itself

You live in Melbourne. Great city. Yay. So is Adelaide - Get over yourselves and your ruddy superiority complex

(Fwiw this post is far from the worst of them - just had enough of it and I dare say I'm not the only one. )
Don't be too harsh Quazza, lack of sunshine in Melbourne >>> vitamin D deficiency >>> bigfooty addiction...it's a slippery slope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back