List Mgmt. Delisted: Best Wishes to Troy Menzel and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard from someone I know that Menzel was doing a lot of drinking at a north eastern suburbs pub, mid week during this season. Maybe his preparation wasn't elite?

Slightly surprised Menzel got cut considering the likelihood of Cameron leaving, but he really did nothing during his tenure here.

Look at the Person who came 5 in the SANFL Club Champion, Ben Jarman.
Put in names like Knights, Atkins, Milera, Add the up and coming players in Gallucci, Pohokle, Signorella, Davis
And then I have not included Greenwood, Hampton.
The one position the Crows have good depth is that small to medium Forward.

So what is the story with Menzel. Did we have an option to extend him even though he didn't meet the automatic extension trigger? Did we shop him around and find out that nobody was willing to give us anything in trade for him. If Menzel does find another club, is it possible that he has already talked to them. Could it be that since the automatic trigger didn't happen, the option to extend had to be mutual and Menzel simply decided to leave for another club through the draft to help out his new club? Or maybe its Port and the optics for both clubs was better just to not bother trading for a junk pick :)

Seems a bit of a strange one. I can understand why we delisted him. No issues with that. But Menzel does look like he has an AFL future.

Anyway, assuming he was on a reasonable wage, we get him off our books now. Hopefully if we do go for Motlop he would be only on a similar salary to Troy.

Everyone jumping on the “criticise the crows” bandwagon. This time of year really is ******* ******ed.

We always announce this after the B&F. The iming this time around is off a bit. Why couldn’t we wait until Monday? Why do it a day after the B&F?! Not a hangable offense but maybe hold off a bit given the crap we are copped from everywhere.

Back in the days we announced delistings after the trade period. Now we do it before it even starts.

The same media that are pointing fingers at the Crows for its handling of Lever at the B&F .......also posted this insulting garbage about a young player that just had his AFL dream terminated .......Media, maybe you should take your own advice & GROW UP!

Crows dump Menzel, Danger steak knives

ADELAIDE has delisted former Blue Troy Menzel and a young ex-Cat who came to the club in a deal that cost the Crows superstar Patrick Dangerfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only thing that gets me is we in my opinion already have a very young inexperienced list bar about 30 players and we are going to add more 18-19 year olds to this list.

Seems there is now an obsession at a list management level to just have some new shiny players that Ogilvie can pick rather than having a group of 21-23 year olds who already have a senior body that can fill in and put pressure on other senior players at AFL level. I'm not defending blindly here, Menzel has faults and only played 4 games in 2 seasons and I know you need to turn over the list annually but when you look at list builds of premiership teams, more specifically their relative correlation with their successful VFL teams which are not 85% full of 18-20 year olds, our time is primed for now yet you look beyond our top 30 and it looks like a rebuilding list.

Delisting Menzel and getting an extra pick to pick an 18 year old at 60-70 odd isn't going to help one bit with this.

Two of our worst recruitments in recent times. Usually our list managers have such a good hit rate but the last few years just haven't been good... bit worrying.

Both were PR decisions, not footballing ones.

Menzel was worth a shot - we just overpaid because we wanted to prove we were active.

If Troy had any of the work rate of Daniel, he'd be amazing.

Of course, I could be wrong, maybe he tries way harder than an outsider like me can know and maybe he just couldn't cut it.

But damn, I remember his early promising games for us. He really seemed like he could be something.

Menzel is TPP management I reckon. His payout goes on this years, freeing a couple hundred up next year. Indicates we're going to trade I reckon, as we'll be paying a recruit more than a draftee.

Think Wigg stays because of Brodie. CEY gets a year to prove himself. Could maybe see Hunter drop off the rookie list. Not sure about Beech.

I'll be very surprised if we take more than 2 first rounders to the draft.

If Troy had any of the work rate of Daniel, he'd be amazing.

Of course, I could be wrong, maybe he tries way harder than an outsider like me can know and maybe he just couldn't cut it.

But damn, I remember his early promising games for us. He really seemed like he could be something.

His fitness when he came to the Crows was atrocious. So far off the mark. Appears to have lifted it a bit but still lacks any real desire to play football. One of those annoying cases.

Take a look at blokes who work their asses off to even get looked at but lack the natural ability. Combine someone like that with Menzel’s ability and you’ve got an absolute jet.

Ah well.

Looking at the 2012 draft. Cripes. Very thin.

Troy and Toumpas fighting over biggest bust honours, with Jonathon O'Rourke a chance to take the title unless his career turns around.
Throw in Kristian Jaksch and you have 4 busts out of the top 12.

Menzel is TPP management I reckon. His payout goes on this years, freeing a couple hundred up next year. Indicates we're going to trade I reckon, as we'll be paying a recruit more than a draftee.

Think Wigg stays because of Brodie. CEY gets a year to prove himself. Could maybe see Hunter drop off the rookie list. Not sure about Beech.

Pretty much spot on imo.

Might take 2-4 players in the draft though, depends if the players we want are around at the final picks we end up with

Cey will be good for us next season. Beast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back