Why can't Adelaide retain players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately, he should be caring about what is best for him, his family, and his friends. If this is it, it's a great choice.

It seems that not many have considered that Lever may not have conducted himself very well in all of this. You can make the right decision but go about it the wrong way.

I'll tell you where all this comes from.

We just lose a Prelim to the Hawks then.
The Tippett f**k up - we lose first round & second round picks for the next two drafts (Clubs fault yes - not fans)
Tippett leaving
Bock leaving
Davis leaving
Gunston leaving
Vince having to be traded out because of Tippett f**k up
Dean Bailey passing away
Phil Walsh getting murdered
Dangerfield leaving
Then after all of that we are the best team for the year and don't rock up on GF day and fold like a pack of cards (Well done Richmond too much pressure).

So everything thing this week is pretty raw as we are all pretty devistated (Same as every losing GF team each year) because we finally thought something good was finally going to happen after all of that s**t and 19 years since winning a flag (yes I know Melbourne & Saints).

Then two fan favourites firstly Lever who said he wanted to be a one club player is a 21 year old f**king gun who is touted as a future captain decides to do a runner for $. Then Charlie decides he wants to go for family reason.

So the emotions are all running pretty high and everyone isn't exactly being rational at the moment but that's why.

I also think he should have been allowed to attend the B&F btw.

Everyone can sit there and take pot shots but it's just been a really f**king s**t week.
Sorry!

How so? If I turned up to work tomorrow and told them I am going to a rival and will no longer be turning up, I won't be invited to the annual staff party next week
Coz Adelaide and every club is happy to poach players from other clubs. It's life!

Possibly the only thig ALDI has got right is the icecoffee...

Farmdale RAM > Dare, FUIC, and all others.

Way, way creamier, not as sickly sweet as some. Trust me on this one, try it out. Pick one up for only $2 (before you leave with a cordless drill you didn't really need but it was cheap and bought it anyway)

Does Adelaide have ALDI yet? Lever might be just exploring his ice coffee options?
Yes, I've recently discovered the Farmdale RAM. Good drop.

To be honest, I don't mind the Fraser and Griggs $30 beer slabs as well.

This is going to sound like im blowing it up the clubs ass but here goes.

One of the major reasons is we identify and develop talent really really well.
Therefore there's a lot of young developing players wanting a bigger piece of the pie which we often simply cant provide.

GWS have somewhat the same issue. The wallpaper goes over the cracks there because they had such a large number of high picks and talent that still remains.

Look at Lever's draft. Nobody above him would demand anywhere near the price tag he currently is. Petracca close probably, but nobody else anywhere near it. Look at Davis: 2 years at Adelaide, GWS offer him $1m per year and the captaincy.

There are other factors too. Adelaide isnt that exciting for a young bloke to live in (but definitely not a shithole like others will say - anyone that has lived here will tell you its a great place to live)

Doesn't Crows have a pay scale that it is stringent on and partly why it is losing their best players, iirc 700k-ish is what your teir 1 players get and flows down from there? Iirc there was some horn blowing from the crows in this regard of keeping their cap managment under tight screws and finishing top.

So Danger says family but really its family and an extra 150k pa, Davis left and was paid more, Bock paid more, Tippett a lot more, Cameron likely to get a large increase...

Crows generally have a fit in or F$#k off policy when it comes to paying overs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have 140+ years history, club rooms, a culture.
Adelaide are a manufactured franchise.

I’m not trolling that’s genuinely probably the reason they can’t retain players.

When interstate players come to port I have heard port make sure they do everything possible to make the family feel welcome as well. Ollie wines family are at most games/functions since coming here. They are just as much as part of the footy club as Ollie is. It’s simple, keep the players happy in a good culture and you won’t have any issues.

Port are willing to Spend $$ to keep players it wants, Adelaide are proud of the fact they dont.

Now why are they leaving because Adelaide are tightarses.

Seems they treat players like s**t, make an insulting offer to Lever then ban him from their BnF.

That's why they re-listed Sam Shaw so he could continue to access medical treatment for the after effects of concussion. Didn't need to as he was never going to play again but went out of their way to help him.
Doesn't seem like a club that treats players like s**t.

Doesn't Crows have a pay scale that it is stringent on and partly why it is losing their best players, iirc 700k-ish is what your teir 1 players get and flows down from there? Iirc there was some horn blowing from the crows in this regard of keeping their cap managment under tight screws and finishing top.

So Danger says family but really its family and an extra 150k pa, Davis left and was paid more, Bock paid more, Tippett a lot more, Cameron likely to get a large increase...

Crows generally have a fit in or F$#k off policy when it comes to paying overs.

I think Tippett was our highest paid player when he left.

I live in Geelong not the most desirable destination, but it suits me. But I'd prefer Adelaide over Melbourne to live for sure. Melbourne has become way too congested. 1million to over 4million and rising, it's crazy busy now. But then there is family. I always think someone in their twenties should live away from home no matter what the career. It's healthy. Move back closer when starting a family.

1. Melbourne
  2. Vienna
  3. Vancouver
  4. Toronto
  5. Adelaide
Well done to Melbourne for winning and I think it's a great place but going on that poll Adelaide is 5 in the WORLD as far as liveable cities go so yeah Rundle Mall must be pretty f**king amazing.
As far as I'm aware, those rankings aren't tailored for seperate demographics. What may be extremely livable for a baby boomer may be the opposite for a gen Y.

I have no doubt that many would find Adelaide a very comfortable place to live, but I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that Melbourne is much more interesting for a financially comfortable gen Y.

It is not that Adelaide is a shithole . It is the fact that compared to Melbourne most players would prefer to live on Melbourne .

Players have been going home for years .

Nothing will change this

If I was born and bred in South Australia, joined a Victorian club and that club kept calling themselves the pride of Victoria and the team for all Victorians I think I can understand why that would annoy me, as well as annoy the members of my family that still live in SA.

I don't think the crows have really thought this through but for schadenfreude reasons I'm happy for them to leave it as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back