Motlop --- good choice/fit for the Crows? (chooses Port)

Do you want AFC to do their best to get Motlop?

• Yes

Votes: 133 50.4%
  • No

Votes: 55 20.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 76 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't like lazy footballers (hence my dislike for Jenkins) and motlop falls into that category as well. I'm sure the geelong supporters will be laughing their asses off if we get Motlop.
Jenkins regularly sprints 200 metres to get on the end of goal scoring plays. Call him soft if you like but he's never been lazy.
Motlop can be lazy but watch the prelim against Geelong again and you'll see he works as hard as anyone on the ground that night. Reactions here remind me of when we got Eddie in free agency.

Jenkins regularly sprints 200 metres to get on the end of goal scoring plays. Call him soft if you like but he's never been lazy.
Motlop can be lazy but watch the prelim against Geelong again and you'll see he works as hard as anyone on the ground that night. Reactions here remind me of when we got Eddie in free agency.
Saw a 2012 final replayed on fox a few days ago, Motlop was pretty good then. A change in scenery can change everything. Just ask a happy divorcee.

impressive highlights reel i must say. saved geelong countless times in 2014. regularly done well against us. confidence player.

The only issue with motlop is his fitness. If we can keep him fit he will be brilliant. Betts had the same question marks over him and people were hesitant about him too. We need to go after him hard and get him into our system. Motlop on a wing or half forward in our team is going to add another weapon to the arsenal.

100% I can call him Lazy because that's exactly what he can be. since you used Motlop's best finals game as a reference, go watch Jenkins in the GF. Lazy.

and FYI - I was always on the eddie train.

sometimes he tries to be too creative though and that is why you see those 10m lofted kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For someone reportedly lazy he is doing a lot of work trying to find a team. Smells of playing clubs off of each other. I hope we dont get sucked into the hype

I have said I would pass on him , but a lot of that is the fear of overpaying for a lazy footballer. I will be the 1st to put my hand up and say I got it wrong if we get him for overs and he delivers, but I fear my hands will be staying down

The only issue with motlop is his fitness. If we can keep him fit he will be brilliant. Betts had the same question marks over him and people were hesitant about him too. We need to go after him hard and get him into our system. Motlop on a wing or half forward in our team is going to add another weapon to the arsenal.

I agree with everything except the fitness part. Continuously up the in Geelong’s top players when it comes to distance covered, sprints, repeat sprints etc. you simply cannot do that unless your fitness is at a reasonable level.

There is no chance we will match an offer from Gold Coast

Gold Coast have a heap of cap to use

Don't think motlop wants to go to gold coast but the money is enticing. Probably wants to go to a team playing finals. Feel he will come to the crows as he knows that we are very close to success and his move would also piss geelong off which may be a factor.

Last edited:
He is not an upgrade on Camerons, do you even watch football?

He is a serious upgrade on Cameron, open your eyes. Cameron will never, ever have the skill set that Motlop has. He's a gifted natural. Cameron just tries really hard to make it stick. It's no knock on Cameron, but Motlop is in another bracket.

He is a serious upgrade on Cameron, open your eyes. Cameron will never, ever have the skill set that Motlop has. He's a gifted natural. Cameron just tries really hard to make it stick. It's no knock on Cameron, but Motlop is in another bracket.

Camerons pressure is immense, he will stick two or three tackles in a row and make people panic. I'll take that over Motlops natural gifts anyday.

Losing Smith for next year & CC likely gone, we need another experienced outside player like Motlop.

Obviously talented & usually plays well in big games... so a change if environment may be more consistent.

My only issue is not paying crazy overs, but given we won't for Lever, should be ok.

There is no chance we will match an offer from Gold Coast

Gold Coast have a heap of cap to use

Why the hell would Gold Coast er on the edge of trading Aaron Hall the last few years, only to go and throw a wad of cash at Motlop?

I know they want a win, but that isn't a win. That's just being desperate.

If they want to build good culture down there, they need more Jarryd Lyons types (hard-working team players) not a Steven Motlop type.

I agree with everything except the fitness part. Continuously up the in Geelong’s top players when it comes to distance covered, sprints, repeat sprints etc. you simply cannot do that unless your fitness is at a reasonable level.
Im more talking about his pre season show ups when he comes back at 90 kgs and looks like brendan fevola. Worth taking a punt on imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back