News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really hoping that the lions are working on a deal which involves trading picks 12 and 18 for a pick in the top 10 and a later round pick (XX).
Once that has been completed, we then meet the Crows and tell them we only have picks 19 (Compo pick) and XX to trade with and under no circumstances are we trading picks 1 and other top 10 pick.

I'm not convinced the Adelaide Cry Baby's will let him go. They have had so many key players leave over recent years not to mention the Lever cluster $#@%, I think they could dig in just to make a stand irrespective of how much his reason to move home is for family.

If he were to be traded, pick 18 or 19, nothing more, otherwise try again next year when we have more leverage.

I'm not convinced the Adelaide Cry Baby's will let him go. They have had so many key players leave over recent years not to mention the Lever cluster $#@%, I think they could dig in just to make a stand irrespective of how much his reason to move home is for family.

If he were to be traded, pick 18 or 19, nothing more, otherwise try again next year when we have more leverage.
The problem is next season we will have less draft picks *not having the Hanley compo). Plus it will be a stronger draft so we would like to keep as many picks as possible next season.

The problem is next season we will have less draft picks *not having the Hanley compo). Plus it will be a stronger draft so we would like to keep as many picks as possible next season.
Yeah but he will only be worth our third next year. Crows would be idiots not to deal this year... only problem for us is often the crows are idiots

I'm really hoping that the lions are working on a deal which involves trading picks 12 and 18 for a pick in the top 10 and a later round pick (XX).
Once that has been completed, we then meet the Crows and tell them we only have picks 19 (Compo pick) and XX to trade with and under no circumstances are we trading picks 1 and other top 10 pick.

I rate his true worth as being low to mid 20's. Initially I was in the, lets just use the compo pick 19 & get it done. But to be honest I much rather a scenario where we turn pick 18 & 19 into Cameron (for mid 20's) & getting three picks before Richmond's first, even if we don't get two top 10 picks. Takes the will they won't they out of the equation. (pick 1,12 & something before 15 works for me). Of course not going into points deficit for 2018 when we match on Ballenden is important too.

IMO, Charlie will be value to us at 19. He only started playing Aussie rules in 2012 - is still learning the game. IMO the prelim was a taste of things to come for Charlie, and at career's end will be seen as a bargain for that pick.

Also, I feel it will be good for both him and Cedric to be together in the same team - both with an indigenous outback WA history.

Did you know he will be the second Charlie Cameron to transfer to, and play for, the mighty Lions?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Cameron_(footballer,_born_1907)

Charles 'Charlie' J. Cameron (22 November 1907 – 12 February 1960) was an Australian rules footballer who played with North Melbourne and Fitzroy in the Victorian Football League (VFL).

Cameron, who played as a wingman, joined North Melbourne in just their second VFL season. While at North Melbourne he regularly represented the Victorian interstate side, appearing in a total of 11 games including at the 1930 Adelaide Carnival. He was North's playing coach for four games in 1932.

During the 1934 season Cameron crossed to Fitzroy and was used as a forward, kicking 23 goals in his first season and 24 in his second. He captained the club in 1935 and later, in 1948, returned as their non-playing coach for the year.

Tom Rehn on SEN today, the Crows could ask for Brisbane's 1st round pick next year for Charlie Cameron.

Terry "dipstick" Wallace saying we should give up our pick 14 (he meant 12) for Cameron.

cannot-handle-the-hysterical-laughter.gif

Yet he thinks that the Dogs are zero chance of getting 11 off Essendon for Stringer. I'm not saying he's wrong on that one mind you, but if Stringers not worth 11, Cameron isn't worth 12 (and 19 is debatable too IMO). Wallace is almost as biased against us as Matthew Lloyd is. I wonder where plough's saltiness comes from.

It was definitely suggested that they go after our 1st round pick in the 2018 "super draft". Tom Rhen reaching Barrett levels of flogishness.

Wallet did say just get him now and give up our pick 12 this year. That is just standard level list manager flogishness from Terry.
Tom Rehn is a crows supporter isn't he?

I'm not saying he's not an idiot... Just at least we know why

Always liked Huddo as a commentator - not biased and comes across as a Lions fan

He's a Geelong supporter so while I don't think he's a fan of ours (literally) I do think he has a sense of balance and fair play, Unlike some other media w@nkers who try to pass themselves off as "experts"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was the crows I'd keep him for next year. They are i premiership window.

If they get Motlop though you'd think they trade him.

I'd trade one of 18/19 to get the deal done. Although brad hill went to freo for pick 23 and he had more runs on the board.

Scary how biased some of the vfl mafia are against Brisbane even in trade week. No way known we trade pick 12 for him, even Adelaide know that.

The Crows have every right to push for maximum compensation for a contracted player. They're not 'idiots' or 'stubborn' for doing so.

I think we of all clubs would understand this.

If we're not happy with what they're asking for we move on. I'm sick of contracts not being worth the paper they are written on. If we have a required and contracted player we would expect them to fulfill their contract - or be handsomely compensated for losing them. I don't get the angst directed at Adelaide.

The Crows have every right to push for maximum compensation for a contracted player. They're not 'idiots' or 'stubborn' for doing so.

I think we of all clubs would understand this.

If we're not happy with what they're asking for we move on. I'm sick of contracts not being worth the paper they are written on. If we have a required and contracted player we would expect them to fulfill their contract - or be handsomely compensated for losing them. I don't get the angst directed at Adelaide.

It is a bit hypocritical after trying to poach Gibbs.

Am I the only one who doesn't want us to trade a top 20 pick for Cameron? I think we'd be better off taking that pick to the draft. Cameron is a bit overrated IMO, he plays in the best forward line in the competition, Betts and Walker get most of the attention from defenders which gives him a bit more freedom. Throw him into the worst forward line in the comp (us) and he will have significantly less impact. He would be a handy player for a pick in the 25-30 range but a top 20 pick is a bit of a stretch in my opinion... not overly convinced by him.

Am I the only one who doesn't want us to trade a top 20 pick for Cameron? I think we'd be better off taking that pick to the draft. Cameron is a bit overrated IMO, he plays in the best forward line in the competition, Betts and Walker get most of the attention from defenders which gives him a bit more freedom. Throw him into the worst forward line in the comp (us) and he will have significantly less impact. He would be a handy player for a pick in the 25-30 range but a top 20 pick is a bit of a stretch in my opinion... not overly convinced by him.

We don't have the worst forward line in the comp?

Take a look at the stats - we do not have the worst forward line in the competition.
I do agree though that a top 20 pick is a high price to pay but he is contracted and they do not want to let him go.
But he will fit into our forward line just fine.

He'd be worth 20 to 25 if he were uncontracted but will cost 18 or 19 because he is contracted. The fact that he only has a year left probably makes the contracted status worth less because Adelaide know he can walk next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back