Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

It actually goes against everything that she stands for. She wasn't consulted
If she wasnt consulted it was pretty stupid of MLG, if she was and expressed her disapproval then that is just one persons opinion, She needs to realise that her voice is just one of many and sometimes she wont get her opinion acted on. Thats why their are boards - to look at things from different angles.
If Jenkins is responsible for the leak , then she is a hypocrite of the highest order.
If she didnt leak the appointment and wants to express her dissatisfaction the most effective thing she can do is resign.

From the day he was appointed, His contract stipulated he was to move to Melbourne when he was made Full Time. It never Happened.

What never happened?
1 He was never made Full Time? In which case why should he move?
2 He never moved despite being made Full time?

If she wasnt consulted it was pretty stupid of MLG, if she was and expressed her disapproval then that is just one persons opinion, She needs to realise that her voice is just one of many and sometimes she wont get her opinion acted on. Thats why their are boards - to look at things from different angles.
If Jenkins is responsible for the leak , then she is a hypocrite of the highest order.
If she didnt leak the appointment and wants to express her dissatisfaction the most effective thing she can do is resign.
Well sounds like they found him and then allowed her to interview him "first"
It's all as clear as mud!
Anyway could be great could turn to s**t
Let's wait and see

Certainly not boring

So true.
For a sector of the community also, they want to ensure that they're supporting businesses and organisations that align with their own values. That they believe to be trustworthy, behaving with integrity and being good community/corporate citizens.

I have no idea if Lethlean is the right person/fit to be Carlton's CEO. However, I can understand why some supporters would be asking - He worked for an organisation I don't trust. He couldn't be trusted to be loyal to his pregnant wife. Why should I trust him to do the right thing. in one of the top jobs ,at my beloved club?
Not being his wife probably helps. Ain't done nothing wrong by people not his wife!

So, Lethlean is a good buddy of Gil's and Gil is very keen for him to get a job at club land.

I hate boys' club appointments, but I'd love to have someone that Gil is likely to deal favourably with.

I'm torn. Self-interest VS moral high ground.

Hmmmmm, thinking...

Thinking.....

Welcome to Carlton, Simon!
There are rarely perfect decisions in life. Let's hope SL can do a good job and recreate his public image.

Well then I'll be content that the club made a prudent appointment. I'm not one to fapp over my own opinions if the club gets it right.

Getting a bit personal aren't you 'Just a Battler' ? My point has always been concern that the club is going to lose memberships over a (all too soon to the recent controversial) decision. If I 'm wrong, we won't lose memberships, end of story. But going by the amount of publicity it's already gathered, we just might.

Yeah OK I'll cop that on the chin (if you are actually genuine about those comments and not just puffing your chest out trying to 'score a win')

Lol you don't mind spitting out a few poisonous rumours yerself, do you?
I recall there were rumours about the DV back in late 90s. And certainly understand how those negatively affected by school and hospital closures would call Kennett a known scumbag. We are somewhat desperate after gaudry failure.

Maybe Trigg couldn't afford our realestate prices

Yep, cause the Airline tickets to and from Adelaide would be a cheaper option. Can you even imagine what that would cost in money and time ?

My 10 cents worth here..If he didnt move over when he was supposed to..then...he really didn't buy into the whole Bolton approach of

" I work for Carlton, or I AM Carlton:" Theres a difference and I would suggest that Mr Triggs stance was "I work for Carlton" & I will remain in Adelaide..

Sorry Triggy,,you need to buy in mate....

Pedantic point of order - full time does not equal permanent. Is the issue that he was not made permanent or that he was somehow prevented from working full time hours?

We have some on staff meaning we can shift them into other positions if need be. I assume they get sick and holiday pay and are privy to unfair dismissal provisions. Bolton is on staff so if his coaching tenure isn't working we can utilise him in another role if he wants to stay on.

With Trigg there isn't another role and he would hardly go from head honcho to a department manager reporting to someone else.

We couldn't exactly give him guaranteed years in the position.

We have some on staff meaning we can shift them into other positions if need be. I assume they get sick and holiday pay and are privy to unfair dismissal provisions. Bolton is on staff so if his coaching tenure isn't working we can utilise him in another role if he wants to stay on.

With Trigg there isn't another role and he would hardly go from head honcho to a department manager reporting to someone else.

We couldn't exactly give him guaranteed years in the position.
I know. I was just disproportionately irritated by the misuse of 'full time' to mean 'permanent' (ex-recruiter so a bugbear of mine). I was just checking to make sure what I was irritated about was actually there.

So, he wasn't permanent but was expecting to become permanent, then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall there were rumours about the DV back in late 90s. And certainly understand how those negatively affected by school and hospital closures would call Kennett a known scumbag. We are somewhat desperate after gaudry failure.

Those against Kennett are mainly bothered by the stigma he carries.
Personally, I think we need more Kennetts in politics these days. I'm not talking about JK's specific policies here mind you (I'm a teacher). I mean that he's not too sh!t scared to speak or act as he sees fit, in case it makes him unpopular.
As a club president at least you know what you're getting. Good luck! ;)

any risk of some sustained off-field club stability?
Oprah thinks so.....

20459a1da2d19d71f6e6afd900ff830b.jpg

any risk of some sustained off-field club stability?

Not unless you have all the right people in place performing at their optimum at all times. The last 2 years have been pretty damn good really.

Regardless of who the new CEO is I think it’s pretty hard to argue that Trigg wasn’t doing a good job.

He chaired the selection committee that appointed Bolton and managed to recruit SOS. I think most fans could agree that recruiting both Bolton and SOS are steps firmly in the right direction for the club.

Really I don’t think there were too many thing that Trigg should’ve been doing but wasn’t. The CEO role is one of essentially running the club on a day to day basis, getting the right people in charge of the various areas of the club and executing the boards strategy.

From the outside it seems like the club has been in the best place it’s been in years in terms of the administration side of things. I guess we’ll just have to see what happens....

Bolton was selected via a committee. SOS wasn't selected or recruited. Ive always found it quite amusing SOS returned to the club once S Kernahan left the presidency, and MLOG was given the seat at the top. My understanding is...Mr Lo Giudece and Mr Silvagni and best of mates. No recruitment took place whats so ever.

Would help if he didn't look like an extra in The Sopranos.

Clubs do have to suspend the truth sometimes. They need to be creative and credible. We need someone who can do that. Unfortunately Trigg was that person for us and this is about him.

The only other people I believe when they talk is Bolton and SOS as they have an air of credibility.

Would it be better if his first name was Craig and he looked like a quintessential Aussie ?

Hes from a migrant Italian family that has done very well for themselves...Being an Italian myself I'm abit fed up with the stereo type..

Would it be better if his first name was Craig and he looked like a quintessential Aussie ?
Hes from a migrant Italian family that has done very well for themselves...Being an Italian myself I'm abit fed up with the stereo type..

If anyone didn't mean any harm by that analogy, it would have been TODN.
Relax. I have some Italian blood running through me amongst other mixes....Who cares? :)

Purely tongue in cheek as people keep referring to the old school Carlton. I meant no harm. There is a genuine resemblance in expression and posture on occasion though. I meant it no differently to the old Chris Judd/Voldemort comparisons.

Purely tongue in cheek as people keep referring to the old school Carlton. I meant no harm. There is a genuine resemblance in expression and posture on occasion though. I meant it no differently to the old Chris Judd/Voldemort comparisons.

Cheers mate..totally understand...

: )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back