Richmond hierarchy aimed for finals, not a premiership

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Ok

If we lost Cotchin and say Jack Riewoldt for the finals, and lost, would you say we lost because of injuries to crucial players? Answer honestly

If you rightly lost Cotchin and Ellis at the MRP, some modicum of credibility would have returned to the result whichever way it turned out.

If you lost Cotchin and say Jack Riewoldt for the finals, I would conclude that it didn't really contribute to your loss against GWS in the prelim (and believe me, you would have lost), as they had Mumford, Cameron and Smith missing.

Oct 20, 2007
Cranbourne, Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Play the game at AO and we will see.

Play it at a neutral ground and we will see.

Never.Going.To.Happen

Every expansion club that entered into the AFL from 1987 (West Coast & Brisbane Bears) knew when they entered the comp that the GF was played at the MCG. Did it stop West Coast in 92 & 94, did it stop the Crows in 97 & 98, or Brisbane in 01, 02 or 03 or Syd ney in 05 & 12??? The answer to all of these questions is a resounding NO. The MCG is contracted to hold it until 2040. If you don't like it, find another sport to follow.

Oct 20, 2007
Cranbourne, Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
If you rightly lost Cotchin and Ellis at the MRP, some modicum of credibility would have returned to the result whichever way it turned out.

If you lost Cotchin and say Jack Riewoldt for the finals, I would conclude that it didn't really contribute to your loss against GWS in the prelim (and believe me, you would have lost), as they had Mumford, Cameron and Smith missing.

Oh you are a sad sack of sh!t. You follow the AFL's version of Siberia (we all know where it is but nobody wants to go there) your future has nothing to get excited about and you have the biggest chip on your shoulder. Follow another sport, but this time choose a club that might give you something to be happy about.

Oct 2, 2007
Willy back beach
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC Williamstown FC
ALL. FINALS. AT. HOME.

Are we going to pretend that isn't an advantage?

Play the game at AO and we will see.

Play it at a neutral ground and we will see.
Oh wait you dismiss the idea because it will never happen and that all of sudden negates the point.
Sucks to be you.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Every time I read your dribble I think the same thing.

Bigfooty.com offers world class personal settings for it's contributors.

The ignore button is always at your disposal.

In fact, I will employ mine right now.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Nov 26, 2007
Queensland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hull City
Let it go Snake_Baker

You are either in, or starting, every salty anti-Richmond thread, whining and complaining about everything from the Grand Final, to Cotchin, to umpiring, to Dusty, to anything that you can possibly think of that is yellow and black.

You've been at it seemingly non-stop since you missed out on Dusty, and at this point, you are probably the saltiest supporter on this forum, and your fascination with Richmond is borderline obsession.

It's time to step away from the keyboard and take a few deep breaths man. These are the facts:

- Richmond retained Dustin Martin despite offering less money than North.
- Richmond won all finals they played in this year, by an average of 45 points.
- Richmond are the reigning premiers, and will continue to be no matter how much you whinge or complain.
- North Melbourne finished in the Bottom 4 and missed out on all their key targets this off-season.
- North Melbourne and Richmond are on literally the exact opposite of the success spectrum at the moment.
- In 2017, Richmond succeeded in every possible way, and North Melbourne failed in every possible way.

Deal with it, and just let it go, for your own mental health. Or don't, and continue making a fool of yourself. Your choice mate.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
However, you left out your opponents having injuries to crucial players as well.

Yep. Ablett out for the Suns, Hodge for Hawthorn, Selwood/Duncan/Hawkins for Geelong, then Selwood sore for the final, Cameron/Mumford for GWS and Smith/McGovern for the Crows.

Planets aligned. Magical.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Richmond supporters win one flag and think their players are up with the greats of the game.
Flash in the pan peanuts

LOL before now it was "win a flag then talk" now its "lol you only won one flag"

oh and no, Richmond supporters did not win a flag.. Richmond the team won the flag, we weren't out there playing, we were just out there cheering.

Sydswans666

All Australian
Jun 4, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
LOL before now it was "win a flag then talk" now its "lol you only won one flag"

oh and no, Richmond supporters did not win a flag.. Richmond the team won the flag, we weren't out there playing, we were just out there cheering.
When did I say win a flag then talk?
I wish my club had a soft draw with home finals...

Blueyboy74

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Let it go Snake_Baker

You are either in, or starting, every salty anti-Richmond thread, whining and complaining about everything from the Grand Final, to Cotchin, to umpiring, to Dusty, to anything that you can possibly think of that is yellow and black.

You've been at it seemingly non-stop since you missed out on Dusty, and at this point, you are probably the saltiest supporter on this forum, and your fascination with Richmond is borderline obsession.

It's time to step away from the keyboard and take a few deep breaths man. These are the facts:

- Richmond retained Dustin Martin despite offering less money than North.
- Richmond won all finals they played in this year, by an average of 45 points.
- Richmond are the reigning premiers, and will continue to be no matter how much you whinge or complain.
- North Melbourne finished in the Bottom 4 and missed out on all their key targets this off-season.
- North Melbourne and Richmond are on literally the exact opposite of the success spectrum at the moment.
- In 2017, Richmond succeeded in every possible way, and North Melbourne failed in every possible way.

Deal with it, and just let it go, for your own mental health. Or don't, and continue making a fool of yourself. Your choice mate.

It's pretty simple mate - Snake_Baker put it out there but has largely been proven wrong. Yet having already put a stake in the ground he could either:

1) Show some humility and balls and say 'I was wrong' which would actually gain some respect since we all are from time to time; or
2) Do what the majority do and continue to defend their position irrespective of what the facts are

Back