Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D

DWinDq8pmr5Js4j8HRGPcQQHcTUrkDgdtyUHdR2ApHm6sQf-RJaiAAwkqyvWFoZ7fOfz3CKHIGLV2S-NCJ5McffLNZFCMEA7CSpN99WsG7jeqQ7tFweVSfwqfh9wHhKUFlWr8Tap=w283-h227-nc
This is still one of the standout moments of the whole sordid affair

I'm not outraged.

Probably more bemused that some posters choose to throw crap at usually ITK posters when posts don't "eventuate".

If a poster says we are "interested in Smith" - we probably are.

So we interview the guy and do a medical.

SOS learns:

A. His knee is in a degenerative condition and he might be the next Cooney - effectively finished at 27 years old.
B. His salary demands are $200k per year above what we think he's worth.
C. He comes across as a complete flog
D. Learns that * are prepared to give up a pick 20 spots higher than us to get him- so decides it would be almost impossible for us to get a trade over the line even if we did want him.

So SOS and his team decide to let Smith slide and move on to the next magnet on the whiteboard.

Does this mean the original poster was full of crap when he said "we're interested in Smith".

Absolutely not.

does it mean we failed or that the poster is a dick head?

Not at all.

So my message is - read the ITK posters words carefully and don't exaggerate what they say.

You wrote a whole lot of rebuttal to something I never wrote or insinuated. I'm confused but go you!

Where is this Stringer stuff coming from? I thought it seem like he was pretty much at Essendon already.. or its coming from the fact that they everyone doesn't believe Adrian Dodoro will get the deal done?

He's had the kick in the backside already but obviously it didn't work. Such a shame. I had high hopes for him.
ponytail arrived I knew he was gone

Carlton lands Stringer. Appoints Leathlean. Next question.....when does Carey join our ranks;)??

You mean the one of the top five players ever?

As much as it annoys some people (including me) a lot of our greatest footballers have been bad eggs. Start with Carey and Ablett....maybe you just need a bit of misplaced arrogance or whatever to be great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have thought that T Menzel's brother would inspire him to use his talent and work his arse off. Instead he comes across as lazy and petulant.
you said petulant

As long as players aren't breaking the law, what they do off the field isn't anyone's business but their own. I'm assuming Stringer hasn't broken any laws.
  1. I wouldn't like our club to be pursuing players of dodgy moral fiber and/or poor decision making. If they bob up in our midst (e.g. Fev, Bootsma, Robinson) then we have to deal with them, but we don't need to actively recruit them once it's known there are issues.
  2. Once the media gets hold of this kind of thing it becomes everyone's business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back