List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. For anyone who doesn’t believe Collingwood sells...

That was literally ‘Sloane hasn’t signed the offer Adelaide gave him so Collingwood might get him’.

You were being generous saying the link was tenuous MB. It was completely non-existent.

To me (if I've got the years right) it looks like we would have chosen (based on need) Weideman and Logue at those pick 7's.

For Treloar and McClarty?

If it's McClarty I'm more than happy to live with that, Weed done nothing and Logue would just go home to WA anyway.
Two pick 7’s for Treloar and Sier, and there’s every chance we would have taken different players with those picks.

Two pick 7’s for Treloar and Sier, and there’s every chance we would have taken different players with those picks.
Neither actually went for pick 7 because I had the advantage of hindsight and if they hadn't buggered up the pick it would have been a ripper deal. Sier went 32, compo?

Wow. For anyone who doesn’t believe Collingwood sells...

That was literally ‘Sloane hasn’t signed the offer Adelaide gave him so Collingwood might get him’.

You were being generous saying the link was tenuous MB. It was completely non-existent.

Yep. I've seen some feeble links in my time, but this one would be near the top of the tree. "Tenuous" was a bit generous.

But, be honest, click-bait aside... does anyone think we would not actually be into him...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither actually went for pick 7 because I had the advantage of hindsight and if they hadn't buggered up the pick it would have been a ripper deal. Sier went 32, compo?
Regardless of what those pick 7’s turned in to, that’s what we gave away. The pick we got back ended up being downgraded in the Aish trade, so it went from 28 to 32 and turned in to Sier.

Any way you want to spin it, it was a steep price to pay. 2 top 10 picks for Treloar and Sier. Probably would have been more palatable if we’d picked up an amazing player with 32, but as it stands we may as well have not has the pick back at all :(

The quality is there bat but is the need this year?

Nope. Which is why he'll either leave next year as a Restricted Free Agent, or leverage his Free Agency status into his big payday contract.

But I suspect we'll be well in the hunt for him in 2018...

I don't know I don't follow the draft just jumped on the Coffield bandwagon for the sake of creating hype
That literally made me laugh out loud

:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back