Motlop --- good choice/fit for the Crows? (chooses Port)

Do you want AFC to do their best to get Motlop?

• Yes

Votes: 133 50.4%
  • No

Votes: 55 20.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 76 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think motlop wants to go to gold coast but the money is enticing. Probably wants to go to a team playing finals. Feel he will come to the crows as he knows that we are very close to success and his move would also piss geelong off which may be a factor.

Geelong don't want him.

Jenkins regularly sprints 200 metres to get on the end of goal scoring plays. Call him soft if you like but he's never been lazy.
Motlop can be lazy but watch the prelim against Geelong again and you'll see he works as hard as anyone on the ground that night. Reactions here remind me of when we got Eddie in free agency.

Jenkins regularly skips at half pace as he watches his opponent jog out of the forward 50. Jenkins often heads towards the goalsquare instead of offering a block or Sheppard for the ball carrier.

Jenkins does plenty of things which could be classified as lazy. If he ran with half as much intent toward the opposition as he does to get on the end of a scoring chain I might agree with you.

No less lazy than Motlop. Lazier if anything.

But, we've cocked this up before with Menzel, based on similar scenarios! :)
Menzel's never taken a game apart though, Motlop at least has on occasion - when he feels like it.

I think he'll choose to the club where he has the best vibe, which for him might be where he can get away with more like rocking up overweight to preseason etc, rather than the club that will get the most out of his obvious talents.

Why the hell would Gold Coast er on the edge of trading Aaron Hall the last few years, only to go and throw a wad of cash at Motlop?

I know they want a win, but that isn't a win. That's just being desperate.

If they want to build good culture down there, they need more Jarryd Lyons types (hard-working team players) not a Steven Motlop type.

They need to keep their fans excited, Motlop can give a show

Motlop reminds me of Menzel in many regards. Can be dangerous offensively, but not great on the defense. If for around 500,000, I think it's reasonable to have a crack at him. Anything 600,000 or above is not worth the punt.
I would have like to see Menzel get given a few consecutive AFL games with us, so shame to hear about his delisting.

We are on a loser to nothing with the Port flogs
If he goes to Port, he will be choosing culture according to them. If we are actually after him and he chooses us, he's gone for money not culture
They love the fact we lost the GF but my message to them is "119 points says hello" and they were the only home club to lose a final this year !!

That's exactly how Port flogs work.

We are on a loser to nothing with the Port flogs
If he goes to Port, he will be choosing culture according to them. If we are actually after him and he chooses us, he's gone for money not culture
They love the fact we lost the GF but my message to them is "119 points says hello" and they were the only home club to lose a final this year !!
‘Tis funny cow we say they only go to Port because of the money.

Ok I'm taking bets. Motlop to Port. As soon as Kornes opened his Port gob and lied that the Crows had blown Port out of the water with a huge offer, I knew Motlop was off to Port.
I agree its most likely and 4 weeks ago was pretty much a done deal. Bit of mud in the water now and we are a sneaky chance and i understand the GC offer is huge so if its money thats where he goes.

Kanes' puffing is a beautiful bob each way cos if he goes Pear its kultcha and if its us then its just about coin(which it wont be). Win win for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong don't want him.
Not so. He is a wanted player, but we might not afford him. He is frustrating, but one of the few players who can go to that next level nearly on demand. His demand though. If we can't keep him, he's a good pick up for any club. X factor, goals... maybe Pyke can motivate him better. He might need a change.

FWIW, we lost Travis Varcoe to Pies a few years ago, a swap so we got Clark, and I was devastated. Always loved Varcoe. Reading the Pies board at about this time, their reactions were similar- mixed. 2 years later they love him. And Motlop is meant to be the better player.

FWIW, we lost Travis Varcoe to Pies a few years ago, a swap so we got Clark, and I was devastated. Always loved Varcoe. Reading the Pies board at about this time, their reactions were similar- mixed. 2 years later they love him. And Motlop is meant to be the better player.
Except reckon he'll go to Port.

I'm wondering if we think motlop is coming and it is why menzel has been let go even though it looks like Cameron will also be gone..I just don't see why we'd get rid of menzel unless we had something up our sleeves
Did the menzel one come before or after motlop met with the crows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back