Richmond hierarchy aimed for finals, not a premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

6d7097cda4d4ad01b213e03807ab5e04

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lot of anger in this thread. It seems perfectly reasonable to me a club that had a poor 2016 would target finals in 2017 on the way back up.

Having achieved that they found themselves with an opportunity to win a flag. These opportunities dont come very often and you have to sieze them.
All year they were scorned as a team that would fold when the pressure was applied, and couldn't win finals. Turned out they could.

Three dominant wins was a brilliant effort after a home and away season that left them in third position. It was no fluke and shouldn't really have been a surprise.

We undoubtedly targeted making finals in 2016 and Dave Matthews said so publicly, it wasn't controversial because in the end we couldn't sieze the opportunity that finishing 4th gave us.

Didn't you get beaten by carlton when they finished 9th

Haha this is my favourite line of yours in the last few pages of this thread, because it's just SO irrelevant now!

Years since Sydney won a premiership? 5.

Years since Richmond won a premiership? Can't measure it in years, it's more appropriate to measure it in DAYS, of which it's been 7!

Like it or not, we're untouchable until the start of next season mate, because we're the reigning, defending, undisputed, PREMIERS of the AFL. :cool::thumbsu:

Everytime I see someone utilise this teenager term I think, idiot.

This was pretty much the case in 2017. However, you left out your opponents having injuries to crucial players as well.
Everytime I see your name I think, theres the guy that said Dusty was a 100% lock to go to North and is now super salty towards Richmond. lmao.

Lmao. Each comment from you gets funnier. I cant tell if its denial or you're really this dumb.

If that was the case we wouldnt have won all 3 finals by 6+ goals.

Amazing how injuries didnt effect the opposition until they played us. Adelaide smashed Cats with McGovern and Otten out, but then they play us and suddenly they re so effected by those injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back