Bumped Bring back wellingham

Remove this Banner Ad

Never forget the way he jumped out of the way of Hodge in the last quarter of the 2011 prelim. Soft as butter.

He actually hit pretty hard for his size.
I remember he laid a massive hit on I believe it was Hodge (or someone of similar note) and floored him.
Pretty sure he also stood in the way of Barry Hall who ran through him too and busted him open.

His mark running with the flight eyes on ball that crashed into Sam Gilbert that left him grounded was also huge.

Soft was never his go.
He had plenty of courage.

I wouldn't be bringing him back but hes a better mid than Crisp, Greenwood, Aish & Broomhead. The latter 2 may at least have upside but patience has to be wearing thin.

I remember he laid a massive hit on I believe it was Hodge (or someone of similar note) and floored him.
Pretty sure he also stood in the way of Barry Hall who ran through him too and busted him open.

His mark running with the flight eyes on ball that crashed into Sam Gilbert that left him grounded was also huge.

Soft was never his go.

Soft was never his go.

Has Daisy been delisted yet?
Na Carlton gave him another year, mainly l suspect cause he agree to cancel the fifth year

Yeah... Naa.
Has Daisy been delisted yet?
Maybe we could bring Dawes and H out of retirement???
Dear ow dear, how dare anyone have an opinion different to yours?

At least make your argument insightful instead of wasting three posts on absolute garbage.

We can’t go out and recruit 22 A grade superstars.

Wellingham would be an upgrade on a couple of the best 22 we’ve got running around at the moment, and would actually provide some experience considering he has been involved in a Premiership and a couple GF campaigns.

So of the players that have left or been punted out under Bucks the only ones left are Beams, Shaw who is in decline and Daisy and Cloke are cooked.

Dawes, Harry O, Wellingham all shunted under the age of 30.

Sounds like pretty good list management to me.
Really? Everyone retires eventually. Soon enough there will be none of the players we exited or kept left playing. Isn't the aim of good list management to build a list to win premierhsips? Out list management hasn't seen us even make finals. Our list management has been terrible.

I wouldn't be bringing him back but hes a better mid than Crisp, Greenwood, Aish & Broomhead. The latter 2 may at least have upside but patience has to be wearing thin.
Crisp just finished top ten in the Copeland.
Do you actually watch the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure lets do a Norf and sign/trade a reject to try and lure his best mate to the club

He is 30 next year which makes me feel old because I swear he was just a young pup when he left

Wait till you're as old as the blokes retiring each year... fk that!

Dear ow dear, how dare anyone have an opinion different to yours?

At least make your argument insightful instead of wasting three posts on absolute garbage.

We can’t go out and recruit 22 A grade superstars.

Wellingham would be an upgrade on a couple of the best 22 we’ve got running around at the moment, and would actually provide some experience considering he has been involved in a Premiership and a couple GF campaigns.

IMO Wellingham has lost his run and that was his best asset. At his peak his best position was that of a traditional winger. There is no way he is good enough to rotate through the midfield with the stocks we have now. which would mean he would have to play that running half back flank. He is not tough or quick enough to play that role at AFL level anymore.

I don't see him as an upgrade on anyone in our best 22.

He moved home to WA... I don't see him moving back to Victoria to play 3 or 4 AFL games, 10 VFL games and being part of the rehab group for the rest of next year.

He wasn't good enough to even be retained at WC, hasn't shown "best 22" form in years... it's a no from me.

Also, excuse my short (obviously not very funny) joking responses, it was not meant to come across as disrespectful to you, as I have always respected your opinion as a poster... but the recent "Bring Shaw home" thread... and opinions last year of bringing Dawes back to support Moore, it appears everytime an Ex-Pies Premiership player gets delisted the fairytail return home thread appears and we discuss why a player we let go, or traded out (and they under perform at their new club, then they get delisted and people somehow think they can come back and be best 22 the next year. Those threads inevitably appear on every player.

On Wellers, in your opinion who do you think he would be an upgrade on?

P.S:- I meant no disrespect to you.

IMO Wellingham has lost his run and that was his best asset. At his peak his best position was that of a traditional winger. There is no way he is good enough to rotate through the midfield with the stocks we have now. which would mean he would have to play that running half back flank. He is not tough or quick enough to play that role at AFL level anymore.

I don't see him as an upgrade on anyone in our best 22.

He moved home to WA... I don't see him moving back to Victoria to play 3 or 4 AFL games, 10 VFL games and being part of the rehab group for the rest of next year.

He wasn't good enough to even be retained at WC, hasn't shown "best 22" form in years... it's a no from me.

Also, excuse my short (obviously not very funny) joking responses, it was not meant to come across as disrespectful to you, as I have always respected your opinion as a poster... but the recent "Bring Shaw home" thread... and opinions last year of bringing Dawes back to support Moore, it appears everytime an Ex-Pies Premiership player gets delisted the fairytail return home thread appears and we discuss why a player we let go, or traded out (and they under perform at their new club, then they get delisted and people somehow think they can come back and be best 22 the next year. Those threads inevitably appear on every player.

On Wellers, in your opinion who do you think he would be an upgrade on?

P.S:- I meant no disrespect to you.
Non taken, I’m always a fan of your views and opinions. They’re definitely always better standard than the ones I quoted before.

In regards to your questions, I mentioned initially, he is ideal in a flanker role. I see him releasing Maynard into the midfield from out of the back 6 and he’d be an upgrade on Smith and Sinclair (if returned) across HB.

I’d rather him running around in the 22 than Aish and Thomas. He accumulates more of it than Aish and is a better user of the footy than Thomas. All round/versatility, he’d provide more to the side, plus he has always been capable of finding the big sticks when sneaking forward.

I disagree that he isn’t tough and quick. He’d offer more speed between the arches than most others in our 22 and whenever it was his time to go, he went. He’s no Tay Adams though, of course.

As for the other ex-Premiership players, I agree with you. (Maybe Shaw returning would be romantic though)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back