News Maxwell returns to Collingwood (see #60 for details)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone else over the Mayne referencing in pretty much every thread?

It does my head in.

Rant Over :mad:
I'm maynley over it.

Not having a go at you Carringbush2010 in particular but it annoys me that Mayne is the poster boy for us being s**t this year on this board.
Cheers man, yeah some do use this overly for our current peril but I wouldn't have thought that anyone believes that decision is wholly and soley the issue

I know his role is to mentor those at FD level, but it would be advantageous for leaders on the administration side of things to be mentored by him
Like who, the new ceo when get one, or any body

Like who, the new ceo when get one, or any body
I know he won't be, but I'd like to see the ceo, the board and even the prez take some leadership views from Maxy. I know it sounds radical but Maxy is one of those rare leader types; he is emotionally intelligent and could impart some wise words to all of the leaders at the club not just at coaching panel level

I know he won't be, but I'd like to see the ceo, the board and even the prez take some leadership views from Maxy. I know it sounds radical but Maxy is one of those rare leader types; he is emotionally intelligent and could impart some wise words to all of the leaders at the club not just at coaching panel level
Lets give maxy some space and experience at his job first, he is there to get leaders on the field up to speed not higher up, yet.

Yeah I know but I don't think it would hurt if he was listened to from a higher level
Very clever view/point.

Pay scales in terms of knowledge/experience/expertise... irrelevant.

He 100% can impart outcomes/knowledge to higher pay scales.... that would be a prudent approach

Very clever view/point.

Pay scales in terms of knowledge/experience/expertise... irrelevant.

He 100% can impart outcomes/knowledge to higher pay scales.... that would be a prudent approach
I don't think the club will go that way though, as I said earlier if he was the leardership mentor at gws then what I saw on field with heater shouting down junior team mates, davis getting physical with lobbe as well what looked externally me me me me in the way they played then I have concern that he didn't have the plums to tell those to stfu when required. Or was it that the club didn't allow him too? Hope it was the latter and hope he is allowed to swing the bat when required at CFC

Pendles on SEN said he is going to be the runner next year also.

Lots of scrutiny by the AFL of Maxy's work as a runner at GWS. Don't be surprised if the AFL change the rules about runners 2018 and beyond.

Lots of scrutiny by the AFL of Maxy's work as a runner at GWS. Don't be surprised if the AFL change the rules about runners 2018 and beyond.

100% this........we will receive the world record fine and it will have to be included in our Total Footy Department spending on top! :drunk:

I'm heartened by Maxy's return. We always knew that his gift was leadership, not natural football talent on the playing field. He'll be a positive influence at the club no doubt.

We should be realistic in our expectations of how much change/improvement he can introduce single-handed. I see our long term improvement coming from the accumulative affect of marginal gains in many areas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And it's been a long time coming as well - Maxy is just the most recent in a long line of runners/teams taking advantage of very lax rulings/monitoring of their roles.

In the modern game with high rotations there really is very little (if any) role for runners - either have them only at breaks in the game (goals +/- stoppages) or not at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back