Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Cutz

Team Captain
Sep 21, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
My father worked with Italians on the docks for years.....

Hence we all barrack for Carlton

Yeah theres a heap of Italians in our community that barrack for the greatest club on the planet is there ? Always thought it was because it was Carlton where they all migrated back in the fifties....Choosing the mighty blues was the next logical step..

Before the Italians arrived there..I believe the area had a very strong Jewish connection...Which may explain why CFC are also very popular with the Jewish community...

rog1995

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Bolton was selected via a committee. SOS wasn't selected or recruited. Ive always found it quite amusing SOS returned to the club once S Kernahan left the presidency, and MLOG was given the seat at the top. My understanding is...Mr Lo Giudece and Mr Silvagni and best of mates. No recruitment took place whats so ever.
And Silvagni has done a remarkable job in only two drafts. Where would we be without him?

I moved from NZ as a kid in the late 70s, flew into Melbourne, drove across the Nullarbor, lived in Perth for 3 months then back to Melbourne into a terraced house somewhere between Brunswick and Coburg. The biggest culture shock imaginable. I have fond memories of those times. The different nationalities and food ... and lots of concrete.

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton
Would it be better if his first name was Craig and he looked like a quintessential Aussie ?

Hes from a migrant Italian family that has done very well for themselves...Being an Italian myself I'm abit fed up with the stereo type..

As someone NOT of Italian background, I say "Hear, hear!"

The Italian contribution to the fabric and character of our club is significant and something to be celebrated. We have seen the club embrace the close proximity of Lygon Street and the Italian community over the years. I like the fact that the club president is of Italian heritage.

Cutz

Team Captain
Sep 21, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
And Silvagni has done a remarkable job in only two drafts. Where would we be without him?

Ive always looked at other clubs and been a tad envious with the way they draft, the way they do deals at trade time, and the way they develop.

Just couldn't understand why we as a club couldn't follow suit. It was only with the arrival of SOS that I started to understand what we could accomplish once we ourselves understood and accepted that we were at ground zero. That being said I'm still yet to see whether our "development" has improved in line with other clubs, but our trading and recruiting appears to have improved significantly.

I'm so grateful for what this guy did for us on the football ground, and what he took on when he came back. The job was massive, and he's embraced it with both hands.

Could probably go on here and talk about the fruits of his man hood...but that's a different post and also one we'll know more about once the "development" question has a touch more clarity to it..

Yeah theres a heap of Italians in our community that barrack for the greatest club on the planet is there ? Always thought it was because it was Carlton where they all migrated back in the fifties....Choosing the mighty blues was the next logical step..

Before the Italians arrived there..I believe the area had a very strong Jewish connection...Which may explain why CFC are also very popular with the Jewish community...

Melbourne was ‘grey’ until migrants arrived...

Mar 8, 2013
On my high horse
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
I moved from NZ as a kid in the late 70s, flew into Melbourne, drove across the Nullarbor, lived in Perth for 3 months then back to Melbourne into a terraced house somewhere between Brunswick and Coburg. The biggest culture shock imaginable. I have fond memories of those times. The different nationalities and food ... and lots of concrete.
I thought I detected an accent.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Not being his wife probably helps. Ain't done nothing wrong by people not his wife!
It was reported the other woman had long been talking with him about leaving his wife. So there's one.

Everyone who has ever worked with him in any capacity as it colours his professional judgement and thus his reputation. Mostly in small ways, but the basic questions of favouritism, respect and sexism arise.

He made a mistake, one which is redeemable, but he made it in his work environment and that calls any contentious past decisions into question.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
It was reported the other woman had long been talking with him about leaving his wife. So there's one.

Everyone who has ever worked with him in any capacity as it colours his professional judgement and thus his reputation. Mostly in small ways, but the basic questions of favouritism, respect and sexism arise.

He made a mistake, one which is redeemable, but he made it in his work environment and that calls any contentious past decisions into question.
It was reported the president visited France today, to watch my tiny nipples do the cha-cha.

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
Would it be better if his first name was Craig and he looked like a quintessential Aussie ?

Hes from a migrant Italian family that has done very well for themselves...Being an Italian myself I'm abit fed up with the stereo type..

Probably not...
craig2.jpg

prisoner777

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2013
Bluesville Intergalactic Community
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty nasty article by our tugger supporting friend Caro wasn't aware that Trigg was a commuting CEO - explains a lot regarding his 'performance' or lack of tbh.
I hadn't realised this either. Regardless, it seems pretty obvious the Board has not been completely up-front with him and that is very disappointing. I hope the club isn't slipping back to the John Elliott days when it was often more about power games and secrecy.

Back