Dustin Martin 2017 - Best Single Season For A Star Ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Count the precious years my little Hothamite/Kangaroo/ Shinboner/Tassie Devil. The end is nigh.

This is rich coming from a supporter group that abandoned its own club en masse in its darkest hour.

The greatest irony of this years flag is that it took you lot 37 years and when you did it, it was against the club that saved you from extinction. You should have laid down and let the Crows have this flag as a sign of gratitude.

This is rich coming from a supporter group that abandoned its own club en masse in its darkest hour.

The greatest irony of this years flag is that it took you lot 37 years and when you did it, it was against the club that saved you from extinction. You should have laid down and let the Crows have this flag as a sign of gratitude.

Wasn't 1975 great.

So this is why North capitulated in those prelims... because if they ever make a GF it doesn't matter who it is against but they'll be laying down in gratitude for the constant hand-outs that have kept the NMFC alive over decades.

Leigh Matthews will take some beating. Similar posessions in an era where stats werent cheap.

And the small case of 90 odd goals.

1971 - 43 goals, 1972 - 45, 1973 - 51, 1974 - 52, 1975 - 68, 1976 - 71, 1978 - 91, 1979 - 71, 1982 - 74, 1983 - 79, 1984 - 77, 1985 - 56

But yeah, Dustin Martin, greatest season ever.:thumbsu:

Oh by the way...

Martin (2017) 744 disposals and 37 goals

Matthews (1977) 658 and 91 goals

Not really close...

It wouldn't even be the greatest season by a Richmond player.

Kevin Bartlett 1974: 647 disposals & 47 goals in 3 less matches.

Kevin Bartlett 1977: 665 disposals & 55 goals in 2 less matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunstall 92, Ablett 94, Ablett 2010, Lethal whenever.

A lot more better than this season

if anyone had a better year ever it was by a bees dick

not "a lot more"

1971 - 43 goals, 1972 - 45, 1973 - 51, 1974 - 52, 1975 - 68, 1976 - 71, 1978 - 91, 1979 - 71, 1982 - 74, 1983 - 79, 1984 - 77, 1985 - 56

But yeah, Dustin Martin, greatest season ever.:thumbsu:

in the days before there was 18 people in the defensive 50

if anyone had a better year ever it was by a bees dick

not "a lot more"

You wouldn't have a clue. My guess is that you are about 28 years old.

in the days before there was 18 people in the defensive 50

It's your coach that designs it this way.

Of course, a power player is going to be massively advantaged by this.

You wouldn't have a clue. My guess is that you are about 28 years old.

It's your coach that designs it this way.

Of course, a power player is going to be massively advantaged by this.

if i was 28 i would of seen Dunstall, Ablett & Ablett wouldnt I? Or at east have access to the footage.

it was terry wallace in 2000 that decided football must die. the reality is many of the past greats would struggle with the modern game if the put down the tinnies and smokes long enough to give it a go. the 'forward pressure' has come a long way since.

Dustys season stacks up very against any player ever. To say he was miles off someone is hyperbole rubbish.

"power player" dusty would have been dominating in any era; hes bigger than AFL TOTC CHF Royce Hart

if i was 28 i would of seen Dunstall, Ablett & Ablett wouldnt I? Or at east have access to the footage.

it was terry wallace in 2000 that decided football must die. the reality is many of the past greats would struggle with the modern game if the put down the tinnies and smokes long enough to give it a go. the 'forward pressure' has come a long way since.

Dustys season stacks up very against any player ever. To say he was miles off someone is hyperbole rubbish.

"power player" dusty would have been dominating in any era; hes bigger than AFL TOTC CHF Royce Hart

This is beginning to take on religious connotations. It's disturbing.

In tennis you wouldnt compare how many 6-0's, how many aces he did or how many matches he won in a calender year because they were all competing in different generations and the opponents were different.. it simply would never be equal much like same in different years of footy of games, disposals and goals

What they do value though if you achieve a calendar grand slam, us, wimbledon, french and aus. Dont think i can remember any one in the modern era to do it.

Dusty basically did an afl slam. Premiership, brownlow, norm smith which i dont think anyone has done before.

In tennis you wouldnt compare how many 6-0's, how many aces he did or how many matches he won in a calender year because they were all competing in different generations and the opponents were different.. it simply would never be equal much like same in different years of footy of games, disposals and goals

What they do value though if you achieve a calendar grand slam, us, wimbledon, french and aus. Dont think i can remember any one in the modern era to do it.

Dusty basically did an afl slam. Premiership, brownlow, norm smith which i dont think anyone has done before.
Not only that, but the awards for best player as voted by the AFLCA and AFLPA too...

Pretty incredible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back