Game Day 2017 AFL Grand Final

Who will you be barracking for on Grand Final day?

• Adelaide

Votes: 77 68.8%
  • Punt Rd Ferals

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Won't be watching

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Couldn't care less

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't logged on to facebook for a few days knowing all I would see was yellow and black s**t from friends and such...just logged on before and it's still there.
I'm 100 percent over it now :(

I haven't logged on to facebook for a few days knowing all I would see was yellow and black s**t from friends and such...just logged on before and it's still there.
I'm 100 percent over it now :(

I hate Richmond so much!! I think even more than Collingwood. Mm Not just yet

Quality thread.
As usual some really good stuff from some of the long timers and the good old fashioned Richmond-Carlton hatred really shone through, but then a begrudging respect shone through towards the end.
I honestly feel the baggers have a good coach and the right bookends. Just need a bit of polish in the midfield and it will go north fairly quickly.
As a very long suffering yellow & black supporter, I can tell you it was the most magical day of my life.
I finally learnt the spirit that is footy. I would never, ever begrudge any good footy fan feeling what I felt (and still feel) on Saturday. Well maybe Essendon supporters, but that's another story. I do hope you all get to feel what we felt on the weekend soon.
Anyway, see you in round 1 when we unfurl our premiership flag.
You may even beat us, but frankly, right now, I don't give a damn.
Yours in footy - Tug

Quality thread.
As usual some really good stuff from some of the long timers and the good old fashioned Richmond-Carlton hatred really shone through, but then a begrudging respect shone through towards the end.
I honestly feel the baggers have a good coach and the right bookends. Just need a bit of polish in the midfield and it will go north fairly quickly.
As a very long suffering yellow & black supporter, I can tell you it was the most magical day of my life.
I finally learnt the spirit that is footy. I would never, ever begrudge any good footy fan feeling what I felt (and still feel) on Saturday. Well maybe Essendon supporters, but that's another story. I do hope you all get to feel what we felt on the weekend soon.
Yours in footy - Tug

You had me at 'well maybe Essendon supporters' friend :hearts:

Quality thread.
Yours in footy - Tug

Enjoy it tugga :trophy:

Now back to hating you. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Richmond, extremely jealous right now.

Looking back to what we could learn from the Tigers, a big turning point for them was the Fighting Tiger Fund that kicked off when Brendan Gale came in. From memory it raised about $5 million which went towards paying off all of their debt and gave the funds necessary to beef up their Football Department (Extra recruiters, development coaches, stand alone VFL side and facilities). That was also the time that their membership figures really started to explode. I'd love to see Carlton do something like that to remove the debt that is an ever tightening noose around our neck (look at how cheap our VFL club is run).
Yep gale coming in along with Peggy and a stable board have been the catalyst for our flag. Balme a huge get to at the end of last year. Most clubs would have sacked dimma end of last season but the club showed the faith and weren’t dictated to by the baying wolves of the media.
From a Carlton perspective Bolton seems like the right man however your board still seems like it has a way to go, the whole handling of the trigg situation didn’t look good from the outside.
Best of luck for next season, besides rd 1 and whenever else we smash you:)

Back