List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No arse jokes with the Greek O A or else I am calling Hertier OK? :p
Just remember, the Greeks invented sex but it was the Romans that introduced it to women.

Apart from that he is being obtuse/projecting. He's labeling everyone (not just footballers) with a for sale sign to the highest bidder.

Tradethefarm

Debutant
Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Regardless of what those pick 7’s turned in to, that’s what we gave away. The pick we got back ended up being downgraded in the Aish trade, so it went from 28 to 32 and turned in to Sier.

Any way you want to spin it, it was a steep price to pay. 2 top 10 picks for Treloar and Sier. Probably would have been more palatable if we’d picked up an amazing player with 32, but as it stands we may as well have not has the pick back at all :(
Nobody is saying it wasn't steep (you pay for quality) but that deal looks infinitely better if they nail another McClarty with the 30 instead of frickin Sier :mad:

He must be idiot. Not going near my ass.. and must love the sub standard facilities at Arden St cause it reminds him of Tassie.
So now he's an idiot for not going near your ass?

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
At least we're the best at something and we can thank Gubby for it!

Delidio Vickery Bernell.. I mean look at O'Meara and what Hawthorn gave up for him.. they lost their 1st round pick for this yrs draft didn't they.. the list goes on man.

Let's just be happy we're in a great position to trade good players and not upset the apple cart.. we have enough good quality players to trade to get the 'flag' players we need.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just remember, the Greeks invented sex but it was the Romans that introduced it to women.

Apart from that he is being obtuse/projecting. He's labeling everyone (not just footballers) with a for sale sign to the highest bidder.

Don't get me started on the Romans O A I am married to one :eek:

As for Gimpy it's all about the Gorillas........I get his theory it's just wrong IMO.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Football God

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man utd, miami dolphins
What could have been...

E6F104A8-DE94-4750-B661-A419EE42DFC6.jpeg

3rdMan

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I dunno man.. I'm looking at every club and drawing comparisons. Majority if not all of em have made monumental f ups.
Yep. One more example after his delisting is Troy Menzel at Adelaide. Would have seemed a captain obvious move if it worked, thing is it didn't. You have to give credit for deals that work, and we've had a lot in recent years (these are only players, there's more if you include picks):

Howe, Varcoe, Crisp, Treloar, Adams, WHE, Dunn, Elliott (less recent), Greenwood (may be debatable as success, but not a failure), White (like him or not, based on outlay, he was a success).

The only relatively significant player traded in that could be considered a failure to this point would be Aish. Can't think of another. That is an excellent success rate.

We can maybe argue that we traded out players we didn't want or did'n't really want for unders last year (Williams, Cloke, Frost). But, even in the best case scenario we weren't getting much for those guys. The main one was Witts, and he messed us up by refusing a deal the previous season. Brown was an FA I think?

Of the players we've moved out before last year, they have either not been very good (Thomas, Dawes, Kennedy, Freeman), or we got good deals for them (Shaw, Beams, Wellingham). Overall, I'd say we are clearly ahead.

Yeah re.. what kind of language is that.. barbarian?
01000111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101011 00100000 01101001 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101111 01101110 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100111 01110101 01100001 01100111 01100101 00101110

Schraderbrau

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep. One more example after his delisting is Troy Menzel at Adelaide. Would have seemed a captain obvious move if it worked, thing is it didn't. You have to give credit for deals that work, and we've had a lot in recent years (these are only players, there's more if you include picks):

Howe, Varcoe, Crisp, Treloar, Adams, WHE, Dunn, Elliott (less recent), Greenwood (may be debatable as success, but not a failure), White (like him or not, based on outlay, he was a success).

The only relatively significant player traded in that could be considered a failure to this point would be Aish. Can't think of another. That is an excellent success rate.

We can maybe argue that we traded out players we didn't want or did'n't really want for unders last year (Williams, Cloke, Frost). But, even in the best case scenario we weren't getting much for those guys. The main one was Witts, and he messed us up by refusing a deal the previous season. Brown was an FA I think?

Of the players we've moved out before last year, they have either not been very good (Thomas, Dawes, Kennedy, Freeman), or we got good deals for them (Shaw, Beams, Wellingham). Overall, I'd say we are clearly ahead.

armstrong, karnezis and jordan russell collingwood success stories imo. sydney used the jessie white pick to draft alir alir and i know we shouldn't be results oriented but :(

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
On Gill offer of Ambassador to Lynch, it’s another example of the AFL doing what they can to stymie the Pies getting another flag.

They changed the priority pick after we double dipped on Thomas and Pendles, they were pissed off that we overcame the Saints, they changed the rules to gut the rotation strategy, they strip $ out for a fictional equalisation theory and they will definitely not want Lynch anywhere near us in 2019 when the pressure will be ramped up on Eddie and Bucks to deliver.

The AFL giveth and taketh as they see fit.

The Lions juggernaut of 2 sides, Qld priority picks, and extended cap lasted until they failed to convert the Pies record 4. The Dogs won - the 2nd man up rule changes to neutralise Bont; COLA was mandatory until Swans beat the Hawks; Bombers enough said; the Suns could strip players from other sides but the teams wised up and pre-signed all the best; the GWS was given ridiculous amount of picks but where are their young leaders (thx Maxy for coming home rather than mentoring them);
the academies were to build super sides but it turned the draft into a farce; free agency was big news at first but oh no the AFL had to push back on compensation value funnily just after Pies (and others) had a string of great picks; in 2017 prelim we saw the incredulous MRP condone the very thing the AFL has spent 5 years changing tackle rules trying to prevent; remember the there is no tanking until North and Dockers shoved it in their face so we got a weeks downtime that actually benefits no body.

I could go on with other examples but my concern is that the suggested Ambassador thing with Lynch is a blatant attempt to change the RFA equation in favour of an AFL run club so much so in conversation with some lawyer friends that it could be viewers as restraint of trade; but then again the AFL do what they want.

I really hope Lynch wants the true glory of an footballer which is to be immortalised in history cause playing for $ he will quickly fade into obscurity.

Thank you kind sir.........agree wholeheartedly with your post.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Dawes for pick 18/Brody Grundy.

Cancels out the f up we made with Mayne.

What did we get for Ben Kennedy?

Has Nathan Freeman played a game yet.. we traded him for pick 21 or some s**t.. and who did we get..

I have seen enough in Aish to know he might come good. I think his awareness is f though. Bit of a ball watcher. He hopes rather than knows.

Sorry don't follow it all too religiously.. enough though.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
armstrong, karnezis and jordan russell collingwood success stories imo. sydney used the jessie white pick to draft alir alir and i know we shouldn't be results oriented but :(

We gave up nothing for Armstrong and Russel. Karnezis not too sure about.. he was a fair dinkum kreas though.

Armstrong had nice skills.. but f he got thrown around like a stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back