2018 fixture requests

Remove this Banner Ad

Still don't understand why the Bulldogs play in Ballarat when there's a perfectly good stadium in Geelong.
In terms of pure stadium deals and proximity, I'd be happy for North to play in Geelong rather than Hobart. (With both my North and Tasmanian hats on, I dislike the Hobart deal.) But clubs are never going to build a secondary supporter base in Geelong, maybe in other places that can happen.

In terms of pure stadium deals and proximity, I'd be happy for North to play in Geelong rather than Hobart. (With both my North and Tasmanian hats on, I dislike the Hobart deal.) But clubs are never going to build a secondary supporter base in Geelong, maybe in other places that can happen.
Bulldogs, North, Hawthorn, Saints. Geelong City Council will pay each of you $250k + All Stadium takings to play a home game at Kardinia Park in return for the Away team being Geelong. Works for me :D

Does there have to be 46 games at the Docklands? For me it should be 50 games at the MCG, 40 Games at Docklands, 9 games at least at Kardinia Park and 2 in Ballarat. Every team should play at least one home game at the MCG.

Carlton: 6 games MCG 5 games Docklands
Collingwood
: 10 games MCG 1 game Docklands
Essendon
: 4 games MCG 7 games Docklands
Geelong
: 2 games MCG 9 games Kardinia Park
Hawthorn
: 6 games MCG 4 games Launceston 1 game Docklands
Melbourne
: 9 games MCG 2 games Northern Territory
North
: 1 game MCG 7 games Docklands 3 games Hobart
Richmond
St.Kilda
1 game MCG 10 games Docklands
Bulldogs
: 1 game MCG 8 games Docklands 2 games Ballarat

Double ups:

Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide

Away Trips:

Port Adelaide, Brisbane, GWS, West Coast, North Melbourne

Home games:

MCG: Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Geelong
Docklands: Port Adelaide, Sydney, Gold Coast, Fremantle, Adelaide, St. Kilda

Away games (Melbourne)

MCG: Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Melbourne
Docklands: Western Bulldogs

Does there have to be 46 games at the Docklands? For me it should be 50 games at the MCG, 40 Games at Docklands, 9 games at least at Kardinia Park and 2 in Ballarat. Every team should play at least one home game at the MCG.

Carlton: 6 games MCG 5 games Docklands
Collingwood
Essendon
: 4 games MCG 7 games Docklands
Geelong
: 2 games MCG 9 games Kardinia Park
Hawthorn
: 6 games MCG 4 games Launceston 1 game Docklands
Melbourne
: 9 games MCG 2 games Northern Territory
North
: 1 game MCG 7 games Docklands 3 games Hobart
Richmond
St.Kilda
1 game MCG 10 games Docklands
Bulldogs
: 1 game MCG 8 games Docklands 2 games Ballarat
Yup 46 at each mininum.

Have to?? No, not now the AFL owns the ground (although there might be secondary contracts that require it).

But that would require the AFL to lose money....So how likely do you think that is?

Also, there are limits to how many games the MCG can/will host (for both scheduling and pitch maintenance reasons).

Yup 46 at each mininum.
Why don't teams like North Melbourne sell a home game to Kardinia? 22,000 in the stadium gets you about 750,000 profit which North would love considering they only made 611k profit from the Etihad deal during 2011 season for example according to Brayshaw.

That's basically 55k a game they make if those figures are serious. Adding on another 750k and it more than doubles all of their home games combined in profit...

Have to?? No, not now the AFL owns the ground (although there might be secondary contracts that require it).

But that would require the AFL to lose money....So how likely do you think that is?

Also, there are limits to how many games the MCG can/will host (for both scheduling and pitch maintenance reasons).
Might be irrelevant now but the deal with the docklands according to wookies website on the Etihad stadium deal was 46 games a year up till 2013 then 40 games a year until 2025. http://www.footyindustry.com/?page_id=2424

Why don't teams like North Melbourne sell a home game to Kardinia? 22,000 in the stadium gets you about 750,000 profit which North would love considering they only made 611k profit from the Etihad deal during 2011 season for example according to Brayshaw.

That's basically 55k a game they make if those figures are serious. Adding on another 750k and it more than doubles all of their home games combined in profit...
Pride. Playing a Home game in Geelong v Geelong might not go down well with the Members.

So what are you're hopes for you're teams 2018 fixture?

Whether it's stadiums you haven't played at for a long time or alternatively ones you dislike playing at.

Teams you would like double ups against

Blockbuster games

Etc. You get the idea.

-----
Adelaide v Melbourne @ The Oval on a Friday night in the first 3-4 rounds. Just to see and hear the crowd react to Lever

Pride. Playing a Home game in Geelong v Geelong might not go down well with the Members.

North have no pride.

The reason is the AFL wont let them. It's been tried before after all.

AFL made a decision years back after games were sold to Brisbane (I think...) that you can't sell games to the 'away' teams home market....Might be possible to have a 'neutral' game there, but even that's unlikely....the AFL likes sold games to feed markets that are too small for their own team.

Not to mention the whole bit about the AFL losing games from it's ground to move them to elsewhere in the same city...the club might make money, but it would be at the cost of the AFL.

Adelaide have requested an Easter blockbuster against these guys.

Easter-Island-moai-statues631.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it would increase the chances of them losing.

Since we won't get home finals in either the EF, SF, QF or PF depending on which week (unless it's GWS) then I hope we get 11 home matches

Hawthorn, Collingwood, Carlton unexempt from our ground
Essendon and Richmond on numbers the only two who shouldn't come
Happy to go down to kardinia park as long as pies, bombers, blues and Hawks also head down there. Saying that don't think we'll be heading down there next year.

• Brisbane vs Hawthorn Saturday night Round 1 or 2 at the Gabba would be great beacuse of the Hodge thing.
  • No home day games
  • No home games against GWS, poison for crowds

Thats all.

• Brisbane vs Hawthorn Saturday night Round 1 or 2 at the Gabba would be great beacuse of the Hodge thing.
  • No home day games
  • No home games against GWS, poison for crowds
Thats all.
:cool:But I haven't been to the Gabba and was gonna come this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back